Menu icon Foundation

Designer

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Corl DeLuna commented on James Cocker's post almost 4 years

Hi James Cocker,

I was stunned when I learned that F4-5 didn't support IE8 with 10-20% market share. I've experienced this before when devs were too future focused and don't provide a safe fall back like this guy did http://www.jonikorpi.com/leaving-old-IE-behind/. But your solution seems to fix IE8. Thank you very much for sharing your solution.

As for the rem.js, was their a particular !important I need to remove for .button not the throw an error? It got a little confusing after 5,000 + lines of css.

@Mark Joseph Lape mentioned that the "canvas menu is popping out of the screen," Do you know if other JS functionality was lost?

Are all these polyfills required? I got it to render nicely with just respond.min.js and rem.js, but maybe I lost some functionality in the process?

@Nick Lane, Re local testing: Yes I got the same results, until I remembered that IE doesn't trust local files, but gladly accepts candy from strangers, so I hosted it on my server and it all rendered fast and fine in Browser Mode IE8.

@Foundation Devs, Thank you all for all your hard work and generosity in sharing Foundation.

With all due respect: are you so sure that IE8 will disappear 4-2014? XP has many more users besides institutions, apparently a shocking 32% of the world runs XP, and many people are happy enough not buying a new computer for a new OS and starting all over again. Sure that fits MS and Intel's business model, but... Plus, I hear that IE8 shipped with Win 7 too, that's another 50% globally, and MS won't stop supporting it until 2020.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on James Cocker's post almost 4 years

Hi James Cocker,

I was stunned when I learned that F4-5 didn't support IE8 with 10-20% market share. I've experienced this before when devs were too future focused and don't provide a safe fall back like this guy did http://www.jonikorpi.com/leaving-old-IE-behind/. But your solution seems to fix IE8. Thank you very much for sharing your solution.

As for the rem.js, was their a particular !important I need to remove for .button not the throw an error? It got a little confusing after 5,000 + lines of css.

@Mark Joseph Lape mentioned that the "canvas menu is popping out of the screen," Do you know if other JS functionality was lost?

Are all these polyfills required? I got it to render nicely with just respond.min.js and rem.js, but maybe I lost some functionality in the process?

@Nick Lane, Re local testing: Yes I got the same results, until I remembered that IE doesn't trust local files, but gladly accepts candy from strangers, so I hosted it on my server and it all rendered fast and fine in Browser Mode IE8.

@Foundation Devs, Thank you all for all your hard work and generosity in sharing Foundation.

With all due respect: are you so sure that IE8 will disappear 4-2014? XP has many more users besides institutions, apparently a shocking 32% of the world runs XP, and many people are happy enough not buying a new computer for a new OS and starting all over again. Sure that fits MS and Intel's business model, but... Plus, I hear that IE8 shipped with Win 7 too, that's another 50% globally, and MS won't stop supporting it until 2020.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers