Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

• NEW
  • After Alert Close It's Not Reinstantiated

By Stephen

alert; close

I'm am using an Alert on a page. Depending on the action on the page it may invoke an alert. When the user dismisses the alert via the "close" button it goes away. However, it the user performs another action on the same page and an alert should be dis... (continued)

• Block Layout Conrol Spacing

By Stephen

I'm trying to put together a page that has several blocks with spacing between them The background color of the page bleeds through the spacing. An example is the Reuters web site (http://www.reuters.com). I've drawn an image below. I've hacked toge... (continued)

Last Reply by Tomi Tomion over 5 years ago

My Comments

Stephen commented on Jef Fortier's post about 5 years

Wing-Hou -

Your code pen is very helpful: http://codepen.io/winghouchan/pen/wcrAI

One think that I noticed is that when I can elements in the fixed-width column they are inoperable. Elements such as check boxes and drop downs. Further investigation yields that it is something to do with position:absolute.

Did anyone have work around that would allow for elements contained in the column to be operable?

Thanks!
Steve

Stephen commented on Stephen's post about 5 years

Perfect Joe! Worked. Thanks!

Yes Lyn - when doing it the regular way it worked fine. I was updating a project that was based on MVC and did not want to change the code.

Stephen commented on Stephen's post over 5 years

Never mind... I'll use margin's.

Downloaded Foundation 5 and edited the foundation.css file directly by just changing the body background color. Just wanted to try it out. Saved the file. When I opened the index.html it did not apply ANY styles. Almost as though the css file was missing.

In addition.... tried to create overrides.css and include in index.html and it did not pick up the new css.

Grateful if you can provide guidance.

Wonderful explanation! Thank you so much James

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Jef Fortier's post about 5 years

Wing-Hou -

Your code pen is very helpful: http://codepen.io/winghouchan/pen/wcrAI

One think that I noticed is that when I can elements in the fixed-width column they are inoperable. Elements such as check boxes and drop downs. Further investigation yields that it is something to do with position:absolute.

Did anyone have work around that would allow for elements contained in the column to be operable?

Thanks!
Steve

You commented on Stephen's post about 5 years

Perfect Joe! Worked. Thanks!

Yes Lyn - when doing it the regular way it worked fine. I was updating a project that was based on MVC and did not want to change the code.

You commented on Stephen's post over 5 years

Never mind... I'll use margin's.

Downloaded Foundation 5 and edited the foundation.css file directly by just changing the body background color. Just wanted to try it out. Saved the file. When I opened the index.html it did not apply ANY styles. Almost as though the css file was missing.

In addition.... tried to create overrides.css and include in index.html and it did not pick up the new css.

Grateful if you can provide guidance.

Wonderful explanation! Thank you so much James

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content