Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

Replies
  • Magellan + Side-Nav, destination is off

By GregR

Magellan

I'm using Magellan with the side-nav to link to anchor points down a long page. The side-nav is in the left column, and the main page content is in the right column. When you click on a link in the side nav, instead of bringing that section's heading/... (continued)

Last Reply by John Moore almost 5 years ago

My Comments

GregR commented on Harry Francis's post over 4 years

Ok ... finally got it working.

I had to downgrade to Sass v3.2.19 and Compass v0.12.2

Using Foundation 5.4.7, and all seems to be working.

So, first...
$ sudo gem uninstall sass
$ sudo gem uninstall compass

then...
$ sudo gem install sass --version 3.2.19
$ sudo gem install compass --version 0.12.2

GregR commented on Harry Francis's post over 4 years

I'm using Foundation 5.4.7 with Sass 3.4.8 and Compass 1.0.1 and I'm still having the issue. My line 12 of _functions.scss look like the "fixed" one stated here, so that's not solving it for me. I'm using the 'compass compile' command to create my compiled style.css file.

Each Foundation component, it seems, that calls _global.scss brings in a new copy. My compiled css ends up being ~650kb.

Selecting any element on the page, I see in Firebug it lists this at least 40-50 times to start:
*, *:before, *:after {
box-sizing: border-box;
}

Would reverting to an older version of Sass do the trick?

UPDATE: I downgraded to Sass 3.3.14. That removed the duplication errors, but some formatting now had an issue (e.g., row classes were far too narrow). I read somewhere else that suggested also downgrading Compass, so I went back to 0.12.2. Now I can't even do a compass compile.

$ compass compile
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require': cannot load such file -- sass/script/node (LoadError)

GregR commented on Alan Jackson's post about 5 years

Single selects with a size attribute set greater than 1 also break due to F5 setting an absolute heigh to all selects.

To fix these, I've added this to my CSS:

select {
    height: auto;
}

select[size], select[multiple] {
    background-image: none;
}

GregR commented on Alan Jackson's post about 5 years

I've run into this as well. Odd that they haven't made multi-selects compatible with Foundation.

GregR commented on Trevor West's post about 5 years

Yeah, I just found this too ... it is in the docs, buried in the interchange section: http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/components/interchange.html

This is also a good discussion: http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/1712-bind-foundation-5-clearing-to-dynamically-loaded-images

GregR commented on Marlon Gichie's post about 5 years

From other comments on here, I think you just need to rerun $(document).foundation(); after any addition content loads that include Foundation widgets.

Posts Followed

Replies
  • Magellan + Side-Nav, destination is off

By GregR

Magellan

I'm using Magellan with the side-nav to link to anchor points down a long page. The side-nav is in the left column, and the main page content is in the right column. When you click on a link in the side nav, instead of bringing that section's heading/... (continued)

Last Reply by John Moore almost 5 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Harry Francis's post over 4 years

Ok ... finally got it working.

I had to downgrade to Sass v3.2.19 and Compass v0.12.2

Using Foundation 5.4.7, and all seems to be working.

So, first...
$ sudo gem uninstall sass
$ sudo gem uninstall compass

then...
$ sudo gem install sass --version 3.2.19
$ sudo gem install compass --version 0.12.2

You commented on Harry Francis's post over 4 years

I'm using Foundation 5.4.7 with Sass 3.4.8 and Compass 1.0.1 and I'm still having the issue. My line 12 of _functions.scss look like the "fixed" one stated here, so that's not solving it for me. I'm using the 'compass compile' command to create my compiled style.css file.

Each Foundation component, it seems, that calls _global.scss brings in a new copy. My compiled css ends up being ~650kb.

Selecting any element on the page, I see in Firebug it lists this at least 40-50 times to start:
*, *:before, *:after {
box-sizing: border-box;
}

Would reverting to an older version of Sass do the trick?

UPDATE: I downgraded to Sass 3.3.14. That removed the duplication errors, but some formatting now had an issue (e.g., row classes were far too narrow). I read somewhere else that suggested also downgrading Compass, so I went back to 0.12.2. Now I can't even do a compass compile.

$ compass compile
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require': cannot load such file -- sass/script/node (LoadError)

You commented on Alan Jackson's post about 5 years

Single selects with a size attribute set greater than 1 also break due to F5 setting an absolute heigh to all selects.

To fix these, I've added this to my CSS:

select {
    height: auto;
}

select[size], select[multiple] {
    background-image: none;
}

You commented on Alan Jackson's post about 5 years

I've run into this as well. Odd that they haven't made multi-selects compatible with Foundation.

You commented on Trevor West's post about 5 years

Yeah, I just found this too ... it is in the docs, buried in the interchange section: http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/components/interchange.html

This is also a good discussion: http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/1712-bind-foundation-5-clearing-to-dynamically-loaded-images

You commented on Marlon Gichie's post about 5 years

From other comments on here, I think you just need to rerun $(document).foundation(); after any addition content loads that include Foundation widgets.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content