Menu icon Foundation

Designer | San Diego, CA

I'm a Designer and Developer. I'm into responsive web design and development with Foundation, Ruby on Rails, and WordPress, and not necessarily in that order or combination.

My Posts

My Comments

Ben Siegfried commented on Ben Siegfried's post about 1 month

Thanks Murray, the hierarchy you point out makes total sense, and yes this isn't a webpage but an email, so we can't use external stylesheets as you know.
I didn't inline the class .tagline into the h1, $ npm run build put it where it lives in the dist file. I put the customizations in the app.scss where it should go.
The docs lead me to believe that I can add a media query as I did and have Zurb's inlining work out the rest. I'd like to hear a knowledgeable answer from Zurb on this. If adding media queries requires that you need to declare !important on rules their docs aren't indicating that. 

Ok, I just used "!important" and it then works. I shouldn't have to do that. I hate using !important anytime I don't have to. Is this common with custom media queries with inky?

No that wasn't it. One curious thing about the Dist file is that when minified all the code is greyed out except everything from the beginning all the way to the end of the custom media query which shows up at the beginning. If you add a custom media query is that where they show up and is everything looking normal in this code?

Ben Siegfried commented on Mark DiSciullo's post almost 2 years

Can you please start a changelog at Yeti Launch's page so we know when updates have been made to it.

Ben Siegfried commented on Ben Siegfried's post almost 2 years

Yep, I'm having the same issue as this person:

http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/36562-rem-calc-not-working-in-v6-_settingsscss

Ben Siegfried commented on Joel Davies's post almost 2 years

Yep, same here, and i just tried what he said he got to work, and it works for me too.

Here's my forum post on this.

http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/36510-f6-grid-row-width-not-applying-yeti-launching-causing-it

Ben Siegfried commented on Ben Siegfried's post almost 2 years

I installed it and tried to do the same thing and it is still doing the same thing. The rows are all expanding beyond 1200; it doesn't go to the edge of the browser window but almost, maybe 20px off. The rows should all be getting narrower to 850 but they aren't.

// Global
// ------

$global-width: rem-calc(850);

I thought I was going crazy so I tried a Basic Template installation and it is doing the same thing.

Then I tried a Codekit F6 Basic Template installation and when I change the row width to 850 it applies and the entire grid narrows when Libsass compiles. Not sure why all of the SCSS is uncommented when I do a Codekit install of F6, and that all of the SCSS in either Yeti Launch install is all commented out. Shouldn't I be able to just uncomment global-width via Yeti Launch's _settings file and get the grid to narrow or is there something else I need to beyond just uncommenting 'global-width?'

Are the issues you're having with Yeti Launch causing this issue I'm having as well?

Ben Siegfried commented on James Cool's post about 2 years

Hey no worries James, this is how it is for many of us. I sometimes get into a project and will overlook a simple directory file path, but those are the sorts of details that need to be worked through. I'm glad you were able to find it.

Please share the complete code without the PHP. When I run into problems like this sometimes you find the problem from ruling out things that may be causing the problem.

It is what it is, you can certainly do that and it can make development easier. I've used includes before but when I really need them for bringing in a lot of data that is used on many pages, rather than having it all in each page, weighing down load times. I don't see that in what you're showing us here. I understand it is useful for menus and footers for any site though. I don't do it unless a webpage gets into a few thousand lines of code though.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Ben Siegfried's post about 1 month

Thanks Murray, the hierarchy you point out makes total sense, and yes this isn't a webpage but an email, so we can't use external stylesheets as you know.
I didn't inline the class .tagline into the h1, $ npm run build put it where it lives in the dist file. I put the customizations in the app.scss where it should go.
The docs lead me to believe that I can add a media query as I did and have Zurb's inlining work out the rest. I'd like to hear a knowledgeable answer from Zurb on this. If adding media queries requires that you need to declare !important on rules their docs aren't indicating that. 

Ok, I just used "!important" and it then works. I shouldn't have to do that. I hate using !important anytime I don't have to. Is this common with custom media queries with inky?

No that wasn't it. One curious thing about the Dist file is that when minified all the code is greyed out except everything from the beginning all the way to the end of the custom media query which shows up at the beginning. If you add a custom media query is that where they show up and is everything looking normal in this code?

You commented on Mark DiSciullo's post almost 2 years

Can you please start a changelog at Yeti Launch's page so we know when updates have been made to it.

You commented on Ben Siegfried's post almost 2 years

Yep, I'm having the same issue as this person:

http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/36562-rem-calc-not-working-in-v6-_settingsscss

You commented on Joel Davies's post almost 2 years

Yep, same here, and i just tried what he said he got to work, and it works for me too.

Here's my forum post on this.

http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/36510-f6-grid-row-width-not-applying-yeti-launching-causing-it

You commented on Ben Siegfried's post almost 2 years

I installed it and tried to do the same thing and it is still doing the same thing. The rows are all expanding beyond 1200; it doesn't go to the edge of the browser window but almost, maybe 20px off. The rows should all be getting narrower to 850 but they aren't.

// Global
// ------

$global-width: rem-calc(850);

I thought I was going crazy so I tried a Basic Template installation and it is doing the same thing.

Then I tried a Codekit F6 Basic Template installation and when I change the row width to 850 it applies and the entire grid narrows when Libsass compiles. Not sure why all of the SCSS is uncommented when I do a Codekit install of F6, and that all of the SCSS in either Yeti Launch install is all commented out. Shouldn't I be able to just uncomment global-width via Yeti Launch's _settings file and get the grid to narrow or is there something else I need to beyond just uncommenting 'global-width?'

Are the issues you're having with Yeti Launch causing this issue I'm having as well?

You commented on James Cool's post about 2 years

Hey no worries James, this is how it is for many of us. I sometimes get into a project and will overlook a simple directory file path, but those are the sorts of details that need to be worked through. I'm glad you were able to find it.

Please share the complete code without the PHP. When I run into problems like this sometimes you find the problem from ruling out things that may be causing the problem.

It is what it is, you can certainly do that and it can make development easier. I've used includes before but when I really need them for bringing in a lot of data that is used on many pages, rather than having it all in each page, weighing down load times. I don't see that in what you're showing us here. I understand it is useful for menus and footers for any site though. I don't do it unless a webpage gets into a few thousand lines of code though.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content