Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Allan Kendall commented on Allan Kendall's post about 5 years

I thought I would bump this, I still need a bit of guidance one how to use these.

After much digging to no avail I stumbled upon this in the code behind of the documentation that Zurb have for Joy ride.

$(document).foundation().foundation('joyride', 'start');

This fixed the problem. This is pretty crucial you'd think they would mention that you need to write this geeeeso

Hi there,

I have now managed to post the screenshots of what I'm talking about, hopefully this will provide some insight into the oddity. I can't link to the site as I'm currently building in my local environment.

Allan Kendall commented on Tom Hogan's post about 5 years

Good tutorial there mate and following our conversations about getting Foundation 5 running in Windows this is a welcome piece of documentation.

Oww, I've bookmarked that, good effort there mate. I'm now up and running with it all and it's good, I'm not a huge fan of using grunt to compile the SCSS as Koala did the same thing but looked a lot slicker and was more friendly, the ruby command prompt running with grunt watching. It's error message are sometimes not as clear as Koala either but this is just my personal experience and preference.

At last I have it installed. There were a couple of additional steps not covered in any documentation to get it to work, for example when you installed GIT you should select the second option during the process "Use GIT from the Windows Command Prompt". Having previously taken the default options this was something I had overlooked and I'm not the only one.

Now I have made my new Foundation 5 project from the ruby command line I'm happy BUT what next? Since there are sass files and css files in two different directories do I still need a compiler (I used to use Koala), how to I compile my SASS files??

Many thanks for them help so far.

Hmmm I question whether bower is installing at all, when I type in "npm install -g bower" it runs through a list of files and flicks between GET and 304 (no errors though). When it stops running I have no idea where the directory is, I check under:

c:\users\myname\AppDate\Roaming\npm\bower and bower.cmd

I did a full search and there is no director called app anywhere on my pc so I must be doing something wrong here.

Thanks for that I think it's cured the problem but now if I try to make a new project it says it can't find Bower "Can't find bower. You can install it by running: sudo npm install -g bower"

So I tried that and I got "sudo" is not recognised as and internal or external command." This is becoming a right carry on..

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Allan Kendall's post about 5 years

I thought I would bump this, I still need a bit of guidance one how to use these.

After much digging to no avail I stumbled upon this in the code behind of the documentation that Zurb have for Joy ride.

$(document).foundation().foundation('joyride', 'start');

This fixed the problem. This is pretty crucial you'd think they would mention that you need to write this geeeeso

Hi there,

I have now managed to post the screenshots of what I'm talking about, hopefully this will provide some insight into the oddity. I can't link to the site as I'm currently building in my local environment.

You commented on Tom Hogan's post about 5 years

Good tutorial there mate and following our conversations about getting Foundation 5 running in Windows this is a welcome piece of documentation.

Oww, I've bookmarked that, good effort there mate. I'm now up and running with it all and it's good, I'm not a huge fan of using grunt to compile the SCSS as Koala did the same thing but looked a lot slicker and was more friendly, the ruby command prompt running with grunt watching. It's error message are sometimes not as clear as Koala either but this is just my personal experience and preference.

At last I have it installed. There were a couple of additional steps not covered in any documentation to get it to work, for example when you installed GIT you should select the second option during the process "Use GIT from the Windows Command Prompt". Having previously taken the default options this was something I had overlooked and I'm not the only one.

Now I have made my new Foundation 5 project from the ruby command line I'm happy BUT what next? Since there are sass files and css files in two different directories do I still need a compiler (I used to use Koala), how to I compile my SASS files??

Many thanks for them help so far.

Hmmm I question whether bower is installing at all, when I type in "npm install -g bower" it runs through a list of files and flicks between GET and 304 (no errors though). When it stops running I have no idea where the directory is, I check under:

c:\users\myname\AppDate\Roaming\npm\bower and bower.cmd

I did a full search and there is no director called app anywhere on my pc so I must be doing something wrong here.

Thanks for that I think it's cured the problem but now if I try to make a new project it says it can't find Bower "Can't find bower. You can install it by running: sudo npm install -g bower"

So I tried that and I got "sudo" is not recognised as and internal or external command." This is becoming a right carry on..

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content