Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Clara commented on Gary "Lee" Clark, II's post almost 6 years

Hi I'm really new to Ruby, scss, Foundation etc (as in as of a few hours ago) and I managed to get a working Foundation webpage with scss but realised it was Foundation 4 and thought I may as well use the newest version. When I try and install Foundation 5, the complex way (no easy way like Foundation4 ) I get same as you Peter Allen, it says it has successfully installed foundation (1.0.4), which i'm assuming is wrong and why my webpage is not working (there is text but it doesn't look like an actual webpage as the Foundation4 one did). I am using Ruby 1.9.3 and only downloaded it today so my issue is not of Ruby being stuck on an old version. Should I use the 'sudo' thing? I've heard it's not needed and don't really understand. Thank you for any help.

Clara commented on Clara's post almost 6 years

Ok, when I try and install Foundation it says "successfully installed foundation (1.0.4)" which I am assuming is really old and why nothing is working? :( What could I be doing wrong, thanks.

Tbh it hasn't even worked properly. When I installed Sass and Foundation 4 everything was easy and worked fine. I had the working default Foundation 4 website and it told me what version it was.

For some reason Foundation 5 is much harder to install, it won't tell me what version it is, and the site is only half working. It has all the text, the html seems to be there but the css/scss isn't working? because there's no visuals other than text. :(

I could so easily use F4 but that seems silly to do right after the F5 launch.

Hi, sorry I wasn't clear. I am planning to use scss (not the older sass), I just haven't used it before. I think I've installed Foundation with sass correctly now but I can't be 100% sure it has created a Foundation 5 project. :S

Also not sure why I can't reply to you directly.

Aha. Well I have no idea how to actually open the foundation5/sass that I have installed, that is yet to learn, but I think I have installed it.

How can I check which version of Foundation I'm using? I went into Ruby and created a project but whereas before it said 'this is version 4' the new project I have created does not have this information.

Thanks.

Also have I messed up my forum post? because my paragraphs are a little squishled.

Oh wait, do I install the gem with the command prompt with Ruby thing? brb

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Gary "Lee" Clark, II's post almost 6 years

Hi I'm really new to Ruby, scss, Foundation etc (as in as of a few hours ago) and I managed to get a working Foundation webpage with scss but realised it was Foundation 4 and thought I may as well use the newest version. When I try and install Foundation 5, the complex way (no easy way like Foundation4 ) I get same as you Peter Allen, it says it has successfully installed foundation (1.0.4), which i'm assuming is wrong and why my webpage is not working (there is text but it doesn't look like an actual webpage as the Foundation4 one did). I am using Ruby 1.9.3 and only downloaded it today so my issue is not of Ruby being stuck on an old version. Should I use the 'sudo' thing? I've heard it's not needed and don't really understand. Thank you for any help.

You commented on Clara's post almost 6 years

Ok, when I try and install Foundation it says "successfully installed foundation (1.0.4)" which I am assuming is really old and why nothing is working? :( What could I be doing wrong, thanks.

Tbh it hasn't even worked properly. When I installed Sass and Foundation 4 everything was easy and worked fine. I had the working default Foundation 4 website and it told me what version it was.

For some reason Foundation 5 is much harder to install, it won't tell me what version it is, and the site is only half working. It has all the text, the html seems to be there but the css/scss isn't working? because there's no visuals other than text. :(

I could so easily use F4 but that seems silly to do right after the F5 launch.

Hi, sorry I wasn't clear. I am planning to use scss (not the older sass), I just haven't used it before. I think I've installed Foundation with sass correctly now but I can't be 100% sure it has created a Foundation 5 project. :S

Also not sure why I can't reply to you directly.

Aha. Well I have no idea how to actually open the foundation5/sass that I have installed, that is yet to learn, but I think I have installed it.

How can I check which version of Foundation I'm using? I went into Ruby and created a project but whereas before it said 'this is version 4' the new project I have created does not have this information.

Thanks.

Also have I messed up my forum post? because my paragraphs are a little squishled.

Oh wait, do I install the gem with the command prompt with Ruby thing? brb

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content