Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Clara commented on Clara's post over 4 years

I reinstalled everything and set up a new project and it's working now :)

my app.scss settings are still:

@import "settings";
@import "../../bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation";

test {
color: red;
}

so that's weird?

I just thought there was an issue because I read a thread for this problem which said my version had this issue. I don't know if that was what fixed it or what... At least it's working now. :)

I think I did. It was a year or so ago now as I paused the project. :| It's the only time I've ever used Foundation so I don't know the ins and outs of setting up Foundation. It seems ok aside from this...

I've heard maybe there's an issue with my version of Foundation?

Hi, thanks. I tried adding that in and got

'file to import not found or unreadable: foundation'

:|

so I don't have that file?

It currently says this in the importing file:

@import "settings";

I'm not sure why my files would be different to other peoples, I don't think I've changed anything and everything apart from settings.scss edits seems to be fine. :(

Thanks Seeker. Just googled to find this out again only to come across my old post from 18 months ago. xD Realised I never thanked anybody. Oops, sorry.

This part was very helpful:

To look up a project's foundation version, look into /bower_components/foundation/bower.json

it should look like this:

{
"name": "foundation",
"version": "5.0.2",

Clara commented on Gary "Lee" Clark, II's post almost 6 years

Ok thanks :) so I know I've created a project using the correct version of foundation, but I don't get why it isn't working out of the box as foundation 4 does. The default website is just weird looking html, no css, and the index files links to a stylesheet which doesn't seem to exist ( ) but there is no stylesheets folder?! In Foundation4 there was but not in Foundation 5. Has my project created with missing files?

Hi. Thank you for your replies, but how do I control which version of Foundation gets installed? I think it just keeps installing version 1.0.4. :( I surely have all of those things listed installed because I managed to install foundation, just the wrong version. I have installed them all and made sure I set git up correctly as it says to do for windows.

I will try and do the compass watch thing later but right now I don't have a foundation5 project to watch. Unless I just use the normal foundation 5 installer and forget about the scss version aside from my own scss. :(

Also I haven't had a chance to test scss yet as this isn't working but from what I understand you write it and then convert it to css with a program? So could I just download the easy to install css version of Foundation 5 and make my own scss folder, tell a sass program to watch it and output it to the website's css folder?

I guess I wouldn't be able to change the css of the Foundation css itself using scss but I could change my own seperate scss/css files?

Does that make sense/would that be much worse?

Clara commented on Clara's post almost 6 years

Ps. i'm running Windows 7 64-bit

Ps. I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit.

Neither the sudo nor the rehash thing were recognised when I ran them in the ruby command. :( I managed to uninstall the non-sudo way but it still installed foundation 1.0.4 when I reinstalled it. I hope it's ok me posting on your thread btw.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Clara's post over 4 years

I reinstalled everything and set up a new project and it's working now :)

my app.scss settings are still:

@import "settings";

test {
color: red;
}

so that's weird?

I just thought there was an issue because I read a thread for this problem which said my version had this issue. I don't know if that was what fixed it or what... At least it's working now. :)

I think I did. It was a year or so ago now as I paused the project. :| It's the only time I've ever used Foundation so I don't know the ins and outs of setting up Foundation. It seems ok aside from this...

I've heard maybe there's an issue with my version of Foundation?

Hi, thanks. I tried adding that in and got

'file to import not found or unreadable: foundation'

:|

so I don't have that file?

It currently says this in the importing file:

@import "settings";

I'm not sure why my files would be different to other peoples, I don't think I've changed anything and everything apart from settings.scss edits seems to be fine. :(

Thanks Seeker. Just googled to find this out again only to come across my old post from 18 months ago. xD Realised I never thanked anybody. Oops, sorry.

This part was very helpful:

To look up a project's foundation version, look into /bower_components/foundation/bower.json

it should look like this:

{
"name": "foundation",
"version": "5.0.2",

You commented on Gary "Lee" Clark, II's post almost 6 years

Ok thanks :) so I know I've created a project using the correct version of foundation, but I don't get why it isn't working out of the box as foundation 4 does. The default website is just weird looking html, no css, and the index files links to a stylesheet which doesn't seem to exist ( ) but there is no stylesheets folder?! In Foundation4 there was but not in Foundation 5. Has my project created with missing files?

Hi. Thank you for your replies, but how do I control which version of Foundation gets installed? I think it just keeps installing version 1.0.4. :( I surely have all of those things listed installed because I managed to install foundation, just the wrong version. I have installed them all and made sure I set git up correctly as it says to do for windows.

I will try and do the compass watch thing later but right now I don't have a foundation5 project to watch. Unless I just use the normal foundation 5 installer and forget about the scss version aside from my own scss. :(

Also I haven't had a chance to test scss yet as this isn't working but from what I understand you write it and then convert it to css with a program? So could I just download the easy to install css version of Foundation 5 and make my own scss folder, tell a sass program to watch it and output it to the website's css folder?

I guess I wouldn't be able to change the css of the Foundation css itself using scss but I could change my own seperate scss/css files?

Does that make sense/would that be much worse?

You commented on Clara's post almost 6 years

Ps. i'm running Windows 7 64-bit

Ps. I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit.

Neither the sudo nor the rehash thing were recognised when I ran them in the ruby command. :( I managed to uninstall the non-sudo way but it still installed foundation 1.0.4 when I reinstalled it. I hope it's ok me posting on your thread btw.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers