Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Sjoerd Koelewijn commented on Nick Caldwell's post over 3 years

I've been struggling with this too. I wanted to display the widget title in the sidebar and only when people click the title show the complete widget to save some space. As you can't use unique identifiers like %1$s in before_title and after_title like you can in before_widget it proved to be a bit of a challenge.

I managed to get it to work using the dynamic_sidebar_params hook. Below the full code I use for the widget area. Hope it helps.

function magason_sidebar_widgets() {

register_sidebar(array(
     'id' => 'sidebar-widgets-accordion',
     'name' => __('Sidebar widgets with Accordion', 'magason'),
     'description' => __('Drag widgets to place them in the sidebar with accordion effect', 'magason'),
     'before_widget' => '<article id="%1$s" class="row widget %2$s"><div class="small-12 columns accordionwidget_wrap"><ul class="accordion" data-accordion>',
     'after_widget' => '</div></li></ul></div></article>',
     'before_title' => '',
     'after_title' => ''
  ));

}

add_action( 'widgets_init', 'magason_sidebar_widgets' );

function check_sidebar_params( $params ) {
    global $wp_registered_widgets;

$params[0][ 'before_title' ] .= '<li class="accordion-navigation"><a href="#accordion-'. $params[0]['widget_id'] .'"><h3>';
    $params[0][ 'after_title' ] .= '</h3></a><div id="accordion-'. $params[0]['widget_id'] .'" class="content">';

return $params;
}
add_filter( 'dynamic_sidebar_params', 'check_sidebar_params' );

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Nick Caldwell's post over 3 years

I've been struggling with this too. I wanted to display the widget title in the sidebar and only when people click the title show the complete widget to save some space. As you can't use unique identifiers like %1$s in before_title and after_title like you can in before_widget it proved to be a bit of a challenge.

I managed to get it to work using the dynamic_sidebar_params hook. Below the full code I use for the widget area. Hope it helps.

function magason_sidebar_widgets() {

register_sidebar(array(
     'id' => 'sidebar-widgets-accordion',
     'name' => __('Sidebar widgets with Accordion', 'magason'),
     'description' => __('Drag widgets to place them in the sidebar with accordion effect', 'magason'),
     'before_widget' => '<article id="%1$s" class="row widget %2$s"><div class="small-12 columns accordionwidget_wrap"><ul class="accordion" data-accordion>',
     'after_widget' => '</div></li></ul></div></article>',
     'before_title' => '',
     'after_title' => ''
  ));

}

add_action( 'widgets_init', 'magason_sidebar_widgets' );

function check_sidebar_params( $params ) {
    global $wp_registered_widgets;

$params[0][ 'before_title' ] .= '<li class="accordion-navigation"><a href="#accordion-'. $params[0]['widget_id'] .'"><h3>';
    $params[0][ 'after_title' ] .= '</h3></a><div id="accordion-'. $params[0]['widget_id'] .'" class="content">';

return $params;
}
add_filter( 'dynamic_sidebar_params', 'check_sidebar_params' );

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content