Menu icon Foundation

Designer | Fountain Hills, AZ

Lover of software gadgetry. Apple nut. Player of tai chi. Pragmatic legalist. Patent attorney & trademark lawyer to small biz, startups and entrepreneurs. Fountain Hills, AZ · howconceptual.com/blog/

My Posts

• Thank you.

By Andrew Lahser

Foundationmixture

I just wanted to say "thank you" for Foundation 5. The combintation of Mixture.io and Foundation 5 was very helpful. I was surprised that I could further integrate GridSetApp to get the specific layout that I was hoping for.

Last Reply by Rafi Benkual over 5 years ago

My Comments

Andrew Lahser commented on nick savior's post over 5 years

Hi Nick,

I did something almost exactly like you are wanting. I used Foundation 5 and another tool called GridSetApp. I'm not sure if I am allowed to link to things here, but, you should be able to find this from the first page of Google.

I defined custom grids at the breakpoints that I wanted in GridSetApp. I removed the grid from Foundation 5. From there, I just had to define the xsmall, small, medium, large, etc. sizes in the foundation 5 css to match the breakpoints in GridSetApp. It has been pretty seamless.

Again, I don't think I am supposed to link to sites, but, if you google my name "Andrew Lahser", my website should be the first one. When you get there, hit Control G (pc) or Command G (mac) and you will see my grid. As you move the window between breakpoints, you can see the grid change.

As a word of warning, certain Foundation 5 functions depend on the foundation grid. So if you don't use the Foundation grid, you won't be able to use certain elements. My site is not much more than a blog, so, this didn't impact me.

I hope that help.

Andrew

Andrew Lahser commented on Stéphane Richin's post over 5 years

Hi,

I'm new too, so take this as a part guess. I think it is working, just not as you are hoping. I think the browser sees this:

<a data-interchange="[name-small.jpg, (small)], [name-large.jpg, (large)]" style="background-image:url(name-small.jpg)">content</a>

So, it is not adding an href, but rather, a style attribute to your a tag.

Also, I think your data-interchange might need a "default" parameter.

Good luck.
Andrew

Andrew Lahser commented on Andrew Lahser's post over 5 years

In this other post, Karl Ward gives a great answer to my question:

http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/10415-foundation-5-javascript-files-lets-finally-make-it-clear

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on nick savior's post over 5 years

Hi Nick,

I did something almost exactly like you are wanting. I used Foundation 5 and another tool called GridSetApp. I'm not sure if I am allowed to link to things here, but, you should be able to find this from the first page of Google.

I defined custom grids at the breakpoints that I wanted in GridSetApp. I removed the grid from Foundation 5. From there, I just had to define the xsmall, small, medium, large, etc. sizes in the foundation 5 css to match the breakpoints in GridSetApp. It has been pretty seamless.

Again, I don't think I am supposed to link to sites, but, if you google my name "Andrew Lahser", my website should be the first one. When you get there, hit Control G (pc) or Command G (mac) and you will see my grid. As you move the window between breakpoints, you can see the grid change.

As a word of warning, certain Foundation 5 functions depend on the foundation grid. So if you don't use the Foundation grid, you won't be able to use certain elements. My site is not much more than a blog, so, this didn't impact me.

I hope that help.

Andrew

You commented on Stéphane Richin's post over 5 years

Hi,

I'm new too, so take this as a part guess. I think it is working, just not as you are hoping. I think the browser sees this:

<a data-interchange="[name-small.jpg, (small)], [name-large.jpg, (large)]" style="background-image:url(name-small.jpg)">content</a>

So, it is not adding an href, but rather, a style attribute to your a tag.

Also, I think your data-interchange might need a "default" parameter.

Good luck.
Andrew

You commented on Andrew Lahser's post over 5 years

In this other post, Karl Ward gives a great answer to my question:

http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/10415-foundation-5-javascript-files-lets-finally-make-it-clear

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content