Menu icon Foundation

Developer | North Canton, Ohio

WordPress Designer and Developer Huge Zurb Foundation Fan.

My Posts

My Comments

Brent Ransom commented on Brent Ransom's post almost 4 years

Rafi,
Thanks that worked great!!

Brent Ransom commented on Brent Ransom's post about 4 years

After searching I found that post. Thank you for the direction.

Brent Ransom commented on Alex C's post over 4 years

What I am thinking is you need to add a clear:both; to the orbit container. I am thinking that will fix.

Brent Ransom commented on Alex C's post over 4 years

I ran into that problem as well, but was able to fix it, could you post a link and I can take a look and post the css to fix.

Brent Ransom commented on Ole Fredrik Lie's post almost 5 years

Has any one ran this theme with Theme Checker? I just did and here is what I came up with.

RECOMMENDED: Text domain problems in functions.php. You have not included a text domain!
Line 33: $filteredtitle .= ( 2 <= $paged || 2 <= $page ) ? ' | ' . sprintf( _( 'Page %s' ), max( $paged, $page ) ) : '';

WARNING: The theme uses the add_shortcode() function. Custom post-content shortcodes are plugin-territory functionality.

WARNING: .bowerrc .bower.json .gitattributes .gitignore .editorconfig .travis.yml .fontcustom-data Hidden Files or Folders found.

REQUIRED: Please remove any extraneous directories like .git or .svn from the ZIP file before uploading it.

REQUIRED: Could not find comment_form. See: comment_form
<?php comment_form(); ?>

RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_theme_support( "custom-header", $args ) was found in the theme. It is recommended that the theme implement this functionality if using an image for the header.

RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_theme_support( "custom-background", $args ) was found in the theme. If the theme uses background images or solid colors for the background, then it is recommended that the theme implement this functionality.

RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_editor_style() was found in the theme. It is recommended that the theme implement editor styling, so as to make the editor content match the resulting post output in the theme, for a better user experience.

RECOMMENDED: Tags: is either empty or missing in style.css header.

INFO: Could not find the comment-reply script enqueued, however a reference to 'comment-reply' was found. Make sure that the comment-reply script is being enqueued properly on singular pages.

INFO: iframe was found in the file kitchen-sink.php iframes are sometimes used to load unwanted adverts and code on your site.

Line 200: <iframe width='420' height='315' src='http://www.youtube.com/embed/0_EW8aNgK
Line 370: <iframe width='420' height='315' src='//www.youtube.com/embed/aiBt44rrslw' f

I am working though these but the ones above I am not sure how to fix. Help fixing these would be great.

Thanks

Brent Ransom commented on Ninad Chande's post about 5 years

This is not a great solution for the Orbit slider but to show one of your slides and not have it rotate you could do this
.example-orbit class {
height: what ever the slide height is;
overflow: hidden;
}
I use this as a work around to the site looks clean. If anyone has a way the get orbit to slide please let me know.

Brent Ransom commented on Brian Downey's post over 5 years

If you are working with WordPress you could order the first slide of posts DESC and then the next slide you could order your posts ASC.

Example code:

<ul class="example-orbit-content" data-orbit>
  <li data-orbit-slide="headline-1">
    <div>
      <?php
        $postslist = get_posts('numberposts=4&order=DESC&orderby=date');
        foreach ($postslist as $post) :
        setup_postdata($post);
      ?>
      <div class="large-3 medium-3 small-12 columns">
        <div class="item">
          <h3><a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h3>
          <?php the_post_thumbnail(); ?>
          <?php the_time(get_option('date_format')) ?>
          <?php the_excerpt(); ?>
        </div>
        </div>
          <?php endforeach; ?>
            </div>
          </li>
            <div>
          <?php
            $postslist = get_posts('numberposts=4&order=ASC&orderby=date');
            setup_postdata($post);
          ?>
            <div class="item">
              <?php the_excerpt(); ?>
            </div>
          </div>
          <?php endforeach; ?>
            </div>
          </li>  
        </ul>```
Hope this helps.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Brent Ransom's post almost 4 years

Rafi,
Thanks that worked great!!

You commented on Brent Ransom's post about 4 years

After searching I found that post. Thank you for the direction.

You commented on Alex C's post over 4 years

What I am thinking is you need to add a clear:both; to the orbit container. I am thinking that will fix.

You commented on Alex C's post over 4 years

I ran into that problem as well, but was able to fix it, could you post a link and I can take a look and post the css to fix.

You commented on Ole Fredrik Lie's post almost 5 years

Has any one ran this theme with Theme Checker? I just did and here is what I came up with.

RECOMMENDED: Text domain problems in functions.php. You have not included a text domain!
Line 33: $filteredtitle .= ( 2 <= $paged || 2 <= $page ) ? ' | ' . sprintf( _( 'Page %s' ), max( $paged, $page ) ) : '';

WARNING: The theme uses the add_shortcode() function. Custom post-content shortcodes are plugin-territory functionality.

WARNING: .bowerrc .bower.json .gitattributes .gitignore .editorconfig .travis.yml .fontcustom-data Hidden Files or Folders found.

REQUIRED: Please remove any extraneous directories like .git or .svn from the ZIP file before uploading it.

REQUIRED: Could not find comment_form. See: comment_form
<?php comment_form(); ?>

RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_theme_support( "custom-header", $args ) was found in the theme. It is recommended that the theme implement this functionality if using an image for the header.

RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_theme_support( "custom-background", $args ) was found in the theme. If the theme uses background images or solid colors for the background, then it is recommended that the theme implement this functionality.

RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_editor_style() was found in the theme. It is recommended that the theme implement editor styling, so as to make the editor content match the resulting post output in the theme, for a better user experience.

RECOMMENDED: Tags: is either empty or missing in style.css header.

INFO: Could not find the comment-reply script enqueued, however a reference to 'comment-reply' was found. Make sure that the comment-reply script is being enqueued properly on singular pages.

INFO: iframe was found in the file kitchen-sink.php iframes are sometimes used to load unwanted adverts and code on your site.

Line 200: <iframe width='420' height='315' src='http://www.youtube.com/embed/0_EW8aNgK
Line 370: <iframe width='420' height='315' src='//www.youtube.com/embed/aiBt44rrslw' f

I am working though these but the ones above I am not sure how to fix. Help fixing these would be great.

Thanks

You commented on Ninad Chande's post about 5 years

This is not a great solution for the Orbit slider but to show one of your slides and not have it rotate you could do this
.example-orbit class {
height: what ever the slide height is;
overflow: hidden;
}
I use this as a work around to the site looks clean. If anyone has a way the get orbit to slide please let me know.

You commented on Brian Downey's post over 5 years

If you are working with WordPress you could order the first slide of posts DESC and then the next slide you could order your posts ASC.

Example code:

<ul class="example-orbit-content" data-orbit>
    <div>
      <?php
        $postslist = get_posts('numberposts=4&order=DESC&orderby=date');
        setup_postdata($post);
      ?>
        <div class="item">
          <?php the_excerpt(); ?>
        </div>
        </div>
          <?php endforeach; ?>
            </div>
          </li>
            <div>
          <?php
            $postslist = get_posts('numberposts=4&order=ASC&orderby=date');
            setup_postdata($post);
          ?>
            <div class="item">
              <?php the_excerpt(); ?>
            </div>
          </div>
          <?php endforeach; ?>
            </div>
          </li>  
        </ul>```
Hope this helps.

Posts Followed

Following