Menu icon Foundation

Coder

amatuer

My Posts

My Comments

Henry Lemmon commented on Henry Lemmon's post over 5 years

I do not know how to convey my dilemma.

jointswp.com is where I got the theme. works great, uses wordpress and incorporates sass and compass and foundation.zurb grid system. All the scss and the components used to reside in one dir, but now they incorporate some package management system called bower. that seperates and isolates the files from each other so the components....

can someone look at the file structure and let me know what I am looking at?

do the components in the bower_components get updated as well so if I change any of those files do I lose those changes on update?

can I just point to the components from the library (move the foundations.scss) to the library and adjust the addresses to point back to the bower_components where they came from?

Help please

Henry Lemmon commented on Henry Lemmon's post over 5 years

Thank you Karl and Ben for the information,
Let me provide more information here.
I am using jointsWP which is a wordpress theme based on foundation by Jeremy Englert website: jointswp.com

Sass and Compass (ruby version) via windows command line

Yes Karl
The bower files as far as I can tell are only providing 3 files normalize.js foundation.js and jquery.js. I made changes to one of the components files and it was not compiled by the preprocessor? so I can easily exclude the bower stuff. but I need to see if I can relocate the components into the place where i can use them.

Yea Ben I am going to have to roll my own, but I need to get something as close to right to start with. I need a wordpress theme that uses foundation. I like Jointswp, so I am going to attempt to make it work for me.

any more feedback will come in handy.
Thanks.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Henry Lemmon's post over 5 years

I do not know how to convey my dilemma.

jointswp.com is where I got the theme. works great, uses wordpress and incorporates sass and compass and foundation.zurb grid system. All the scss and the components used to reside in one dir, but now they incorporate some package management system called bower. that seperates and isolates the files from each other so the components....

can someone look at the file structure and let me know what I am looking at?

do the components in the bower_components get updated as well so if I change any of those files do I lose those changes on update?

can I just point to the components from the library (move the foundations.scss) to the library and adjust the addresses to point back to the bower_components where they came from?

Help please

You commented on Henry Lemmon's post over 5 years

Thank you Karl and Ben for the information,
Let me provide more information here.
I am using jointsWP which is a wordpress theme based on foundation by Jeremy Englert website: jointswp.com

Sass and Compass (ruby version) via windows command line

Yes Karl
The bower files as far as I can tell are only providing 3 files normalize.js foundation.js and jquery.js. I made changes to one of the components files and it was not compiled by the preprocessor? so I can easily exclude the bower stuff. but I need to see if I can relocate the components into the place where i can use them.

Yea Ben I am going to have to roll my own, but I need to get something as close to right to start with. I need a wordpress theme that uses foundation. I like Jointswp, so I am going to attempt to make it work for me.

any more feedback will come in handy.
Thanks.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content