Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Christophe Maso commented on Christophe Maso's post almost 5 years

Ah okay, I've read something to that effect...that foundation.min.js should have everything in it. So, I don't have to call in the plug-in file with a script tag in the head? I can just use the classes and they'll work?

Just a little confused because in some of the documentation it reads that you actually do have to call in the plugin js file using a script tag.

Christophe Maso commented on Christophe Maso's post about 5 years

Hi Wing-Hou, thanks for replying! I know it doesn't, but some of our clients want their pages to be responsive in IE8 anyway, so I've been combing the web for the past couple days looking for workarounds and polyfills. I've read both of the articles you linked to -- the code from the 2nd link is in my code, right below where Modernizr.js is called. It works quite well as far getting the page to look the way it should, but obviously not so much with the functionality. The CSS between the style tags is something I came across at https://gist.github.com/tmayr/5190565, listed as "Foundation Topbar IE8 Fix". It makes the menu functional, but the menu won't toggle to the icon menu when the viewport is small. The links just stay there and keep shifting to left, until they disappear (somewhere around 340px wide).

Has anyone had any success with F5's toggle topbar menu in IE8?

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Christophe Maso's post almost 5 years

Ah okay, I've read something to that effect...that foundation.min.js should have everything in it. So, I don't have to call in the plug-in file with a script tag in the head? I can just use the classes and they'll work?

Just a little confused because in some of the documentation it reads that you actually do have to call in the plugin js file using a script tag.

You commented on Christophe Maso's post about 5 years

Hi Wing-Hou, thanks for replying! I know it doesn't, but some of our clients want their pages to be responsive in IE8 anyway, so I've been combing the web for the past couple days looking for workarounds and polyfills. I've read both of the articles you linked to -- the code from the 2nd link is in my code, right below where Modernizr.js is called. It works quite well as far getting the page to look the way it should, but obviously not so much with the functionality. The CSS between the style tags is something I came across at https://gist.github.com/tmayr/5190565, listed as "Foundation Topbar IE8 Fix". It makes the menu functional, but the menu won't toggle to the icon menu when the viewport is small. The links just stay there and keep shifting to left, until they disappear (somewhere around 340px wide).

Has anyone had any success with F5's toggle topbar menu in IE8?

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content