Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Snapper Cridge commented on Snapper Cridge's post almost 4 years

Okay so rather than individually call the plugin. I have all plugins enabled. It's working fine except that when the elements are stacked, it's still equalizing. This isn't only present in my project. It's also present in the Zurb docs demo. Adding false via js or data-options does' not remedy the issue either.

Any thoughts.

I am checking and rechecking. It seems that the centered/uncentered properties aren't working properly. I'm not sure why, but it looks like a few lines of code are missing. For example:

.column:last-child:not(:first-child), .columns:last-child:not(:first-child) {
    float: right;
}

makes sense, but it looks like this is missing:

.column.medium-centered:last-child, .columns.medium-centered:last-child {
    float: none;
}

Without the second line the float set here:

.column.medium-centered, .medium-centered.columns {
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
}

gets ignored. Plus I am not finding any css for uncentered columns.

I don't follow your comment. I understand what it's used for, I simply want it to equalize on large screens and not on small screens, isn't that its default function? I'm using it on divs and I'm adding only necessary components as needed. The setting shouldn't be needed, but without it, the component doesn't work at all. With the setting, it works, but is still equalizing on small screens.

Shouldn't the 3rd row be left? I noticed this in my own project and thought I was doing something wrong, but then I stumbled across this. I thought an uncentered column would float left. It did in 5. Am I wrong?

Snapper Cridge commented on Hugh Js's post almost 4 years

Big fans of LightCMS here. Our business structure is built around it and have been using it for about 6 years.

Our clients absolutely love it. It's easy for us to design and custom build using Foundation with our own HTML, CSS, and JS and letting the system deal with all server function. Hosted system, so you don't have the same finite control of say Wordpress or Concrete5 (our second choice if client won't part with host), but enough control that we don't really need that level of control.

Definitely good to know HTML, CSS and then dig into basic javascript, jQuery and/or AngularJS. But make sure you don't skip learning Sass! That has been the single most important education I have learned in the past year.

All good. This might be the reference I remember reading on the issue before. Not sure if it will help or not:
https://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites/commit/f2a1f8fc3853df6c158d1e8765a117e38c01b12d

Snapper Cridge commented on Daniel Pol's post over 4 years

Hi Daniel,

Did you ever figure this one out? I've been racking my brain for 2 days now trying to come up with an answer.

Snapper Cridge commented on Eric Dumensil's post almost 5 years

@Eric,

Care to share your solution for this. This exactly what I was looking for. I even tried adding data-topbar and setting the class to sticky to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Snapper Cridge's post almost 4 years

Okay so rather than individually call the plugin. I have all plugins enabled. It's working fine except that when the elements are stacked, it's still equalizing. This isn't only present in my project. It's also present in the Zurb docs demo. Adding false via js or data-options does' not remedy the issue either.

Any thoughts.

I am checking and rechecking. It seems that the centered/uncentered properties aren't working properly. I'm not sure why, but it looks like a few lines of code are missing. For example:

.column:last-child:not(:first-child), .columns:last-child:not(:first-child) {
    float: right;
}

makes sense, but it looks like this is missing:

.column.medium-centered:last-child, .columns.medium-centered:last-child {
}

Without the second line the float set here:

.column.medium-centered, .medium-centered.columns {
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
}

gets ignored. Plus I am not finding any css for uncentered columns.

I don't follow your comment. I understand what it's used for, I simply want it to equalize on large screens and not on small screens, isn't that its default function? I'm using it on divs and I'm adding only necessary components as needed. The setting shouldn't be needed, but without it, the component doesn't work at all. With the setting, it works, but is still equalizing on small screens.

Shouldn't the 3rd row be left? I noticed this in my own project and thought I was doing something wrong, but then I stumbled across this. I thought an uncentered column would float left. It did in 5. Am I wrong?

You commented on Hugh Js's post almost 4 years

Big fans of LightCMS here. Our business structure is built around it and have been using it for about 6 years.

Our clients absolutely love it. It's easy for us to design and custom build using Foundation with our own HTML, CSS, and JS and letting the system deal with all server function. Hosted system, so you don't have the same finite control of say Wordpress or Concrete5 (our second choice if client won't part with host), but enough control that we don't really need that level of control.

Definitely good to know HTML, CSS and then dig into basic javascript, jQuery and/or AngularJS. But make sure you don't skip learning Sass! That has been the single most important education I have learned in the past year.

All good. This might be the reference I remember reading on the issue before. Not sure if it will help or not:
https://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites/commit/f2a1f8fc3853df6c158d1e8765a117e38c01b12d

You commented on Daniel Pol's post over 4 years

Hi Daniel,

Did you ever figure this one out? I've been racking my brain for 2 days now trying to come up with an answer.

You commented on Eric Dumensil's post almost 5 years

@Eric,

Care to share your solution for this. This exactly what I was looking for. I even tried adding data-topbar and setting the class to sticky to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content