Menu icon Foundation

Designer | Manchester, United Kingdom

My Posts

My Comments

Stephen Voisey commented on flexbox's post almost 5 years

Great idea. This would have come in handy for me early on in this project (I did a similar thing to build common pieces used in the site design).

Stephen Voisey commented on Lynda Spangler's post almost 5 years

Julien Studer's issue is the same one I've come across. Boxes are not being resized properly until the page is altered after it has been loaded - so for example, opening the debugging console in a browser will visually redraw the page properly. Mainly in Chrome, was in Firefox (Depends where the data-equalizer-watch is applied). Chrome Canary works differently - the simpler code is equalized properly, the more complex HTML breaks still.

Also have issues with the Data Equalizer not resizing boxes based on the HTML it is being applied to, in my case sections and article tags, with a div panel inside. Either on the article, or panel, no luck making it work. Has to be a very simple div combo for this thing to kick in properly. I have it working in some places, but not others.

Not having much luck with the suggestions above.

Going to try the table technique, or it is going to be min height joy.

Stephen Voisey commented on Stephen Voisey's post about 5 years

Thanks Steve, you've written it slightly differently (which is useful to see in itself) but I ended up doing something similar with the absolute positioning:

.small-menu-container {
  position: absolute;
  top: 0px;
  right: 90px;
  display: block;
  height: $topbar-height;
}

I'll use this as a container and shove in the icon's/buttons I need etc.

Shame about the need to show and hide, as I was hoping for a semantic method with top-bar.

Thanks for the response :)

Stephen Voisey commented on Nigel Harding's post about 5 years

If i'm understanding what you're after, unless you have different id's specific to each page hard coded into different HTML as the user moves around the site, your better option would be to use either PHP or jQuery to look at your location, and dynamically add show / hide classes / or insert html for different areas, thus changing your navigation based on user location.

You might also find it easier to have two top bars, one below the other - which is perfectly doable - and one just hides on small sizes etc.

Stephen Voisey commented on Karl Ward's post about 5 years

Sorry chaps, still had this for days, when I click on my forum, it gives me a 500 error. I can reply to existing forum posts like this and raise new ones however.

It did ask me to login again this morning, and suddenly grumpy cat turned up (Didn't before when I first added him!) So there is that. Can't beat grumpy cat.

Stephen Voisey commented on sldavidson's post about 5 years

Thanks to all who posted suggestions and solutions. I've been working on a MegaMenu adapted by some of the ideas here. The best technique is to adapt the f-dropdown, as this works without the extra jQuery. Unfortunately this does mean that an additional menu has to be hidden/shown for the small / medium size menus, so extra mark up is needed. Other than that, it works nicely. It would be very nice if Foundation natively included one at some point that scaled properly. Anyway, I'll post it when its all finished and live.

Stephen Voisey commented on Mark Smallman's post about 5 years

Hi Mark, it would be easier to see what is going on if you could drop your code into codepen, and I've had better feedback on these forums when I've done so. You can include Foundation CSS and Foundation JS like so:

http://blog.codepen.io/2013/07/31/bootstrap-and-foundation-added-to-external-css-resource-typeahead/

Also you really like large tabs! :)

Stephen Voisey commented on Stephen Voisey's post about 5 years

Thanks Karl, and agreed I can simplify it, this was one of the first things I built with Foundation.

I'm slightly confused on the small-centered being applied to all sizes, given it's naming, but this is something I will consider when I recode it. Thanks for replying.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on flexbox's post almost 5 years

Great idea. This would have come in handy for me early on in this project (I did a similar thing to build common pieces used in the site design).

You commented on Lynda Spangler's post almost 5 years

Julien Studer's issue is the same one I've come across. Boxes are not being resized properly until the page is altered after it has been loaded - so for example, opening the debugging console in a browser will visually redraw the page properly. Mainly in Chrome, was in Firefox (Depends where the data-equalizer-watch is applied). Chrome Canary works differently - the simpler code is equalized properly, the more complex HTML breaks still.

Also have issues with the Data Equalizer not resizing boxes based on the HTML it is being applied to, in my case sections and article tags, with a div panel inside. Either on the article, or panel, no luck making it work. Has to be a very simple div combo for this thing to kick in properly. I have it working in some places, but not others.

Not having much luck with the suggestions above.

Going to try the table technique, or it is going to be min height joy.

You commented on Stephen Voisey's post about 5 years

Thanks Steve, you've written it slightly differently (which is useful to see in itself) but I ended up doing something similar with the absolute positioning:

.small-menu-container {
  position: absolute;
  top: 0px;
  right: 90px;
  display: block;
  height: $topbar-height;
}

I'll use this as a container and shove in the icon's/buttons I need etc.

Shame about the need to show and hide, as I was hoping for a semantic method with top-bar.

Thanks for the response :)

You commented on Nigel Harding's post about 5 years

If i'm understanding what you're after, unless you have different id's specific to each page hard coded into different HTML as the user moves around the site, your better option would be to use either PHP or jQuery to look at your location, and dynamically add show / hide classes / or insert html for different areas, thus changing your navigation based on user location.

You might also find it easier to have two top bars, one below the other - which is perfectly doable - and one just hides on small sizes etc.

You commented on Karl Ward's post about 5 years

Sorry chaps, still had this for days, when I click on my forum, it gives me a 500 error. I can reply to existing forum posts like this and raise new ones however.

It did ask me to login again this morning, and suddenly grumpy cat turned up (Didn't before when I first added him!) So there is that. Can't beat grumpy cat.

You commented on sldavidson's post about 5 years

Thanks to all who posted suggestions and solutions. I've been working on a MegaMenu adapted by some of the ideas here. The best technique is to adapt the f-dropdown, as this works without the extra jQuery. Unfortunately this does mean that an additional menu has to be hidden/shown for the small / medium size menus, so extra mark up is needed. Other than that, it works nicely. It would be very nice if Foundation natively included one at some point that scaled properly. Anyway, I'll post it when its all finished and live.

You commented on Mark Smallman's post about 5 years

Hi Mark, it would be easier to see what is going on if you could drop your code into codepen, and I've had better feedback on these forums when I've done so. You can include Foundation CSS and Foundation JS like so:

http://blog.codepen.io/2013/07/31/bootstrap-and-foundation-added-to-external-css-resource-typeahead/

Also you really like large tabs! :)

You commented on Stephen Voisey's post about 5 years

Thanks Karl, and agreed I can simplify it, this was one of the first things I built with Foundation.

I'm slightly confused on the small-centered being applied to all sizes, given it's naming, but this is something I will consider when I recode it. Thanks for replying.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content