Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Matthew Trow commented on James Cocker's post almost 4 years

Watching this thread with interest!

The only thing that's held me off using Foundation is lack of ie8 support (in 4 and now 5).

It's always irked me, as a great deal of modern developers who create websites to earn their bread & butter have to support internet explorer 8 ... so if we do require a framework, or parts thereof, we tend to head on over to Bootstrap.

Regarding ie8 being 'almost dead', unfortunately, no, it's not. Not unless you consider MacOs Safari 'dead' too.

Right now, it's around the 10% mark. That value is just too high for commercial web developers to safely ignore.

It's a real shame, Foundation 5 is clearly excellent and built with sass, what's not to like?

Maybe in another year, or perhaps this thread and others will assist an interim approach until it actually does make sense to drop ie8 support from our development support - right now, it doesn't.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on James Cocker's post almost 4 years

Watching this thread with interest!

The only thing that's held me off using Foundation is lack of ie8 support (in 4 and now 5).

It's always irked me, as a great deal of modern developers who create websites to earn their bread & butter have to support internet explorer 8 ... so if we do require a framework, or parts thereof, we tend to head on over to Bootstrap.

Regarding ie8 being 'almost dead', unfortunately, no, it's not. Not unless you consider MacOs Safari 'dead' too.

Right now, it's around the 10% mark. That value is just too high for commercial web developers to safely ignore.

It's a real shame, Foundation 5 is clearly excellent and built with sass, what's not to like?

Maybe in another year, or perhaps this thread and others will assist an interim approach until it actually does make sense to drop ie8 support from our development support - right now, it doesn't.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content