Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

arso martinera commented on Annie Robinson's post 10 months

Hello ! 
I have had the same problem when trying to access my hotmail account not only while in another country, but even in another state using an ordinary hotel business computer.

The MSN sign in states that the "device" (hotel computer is an unknown device) and MSN security requires that a code be sent to another email account or to my home phone number.  Well, in a foreign country, or even a hotel in another state, I have no smart phone or cell phone available, no alternate email account, so sending, calling or texting a code will do me no good as I cannot access the "code".

last year, in any of a dozen different countries I could access my hotmail account with no problem.

But now, I cannot access my hotmail account even from my neighbors computer (unknown device) without receiving and using a "code".  Security, is: 1st, my email password, 2nd, supplying the 4 last digits of my home telephone number and 3rd, now MSN still wants me to retrieve a code?

So how do I access my world wide hotmail account when in a different city, different state or different country with no way of retrieving a sent security code?
Arso

arso martinera commented on Annie Robinson's post 10 months

Hello ! 
I have had the same problem when trying to access my hotmail account not only while in another country, but even in another state using an ordinary hotel business computer.

The MSN sign in states that the "device" (hotel computer is an unknown device) and MSN security requires that a code be sent to another email account or to my home phone number.  Well, in a foreign country, or even a hotel in another state, I have no smart phone or cell phone available, no alternate email account, so sending, calling or texting a code will do me no good as I cannot access the "code".

last year, in any of a dozen different countries I could access my hotmail account with no problem.

But now, I cannot access my hotmail account even from my neighbors computer (unknown device) without receiving and using a "code".  Security, is: 1st, my email password, 2nd, supplying the 4 last digits of my home telephone number and 3rd, now MSN still wants me to retrieve a code?

So how do I access my world wide hotmail account when in a different city, different state or different country with no way of retrieving a sent security code?
Arso

arso martinera commented on ajstyle's post 10 months

Why would windows 10 be unable to find the printer on the wifi network?

I mean, the HP Print and Scan Doctor is able to communicate with it, and indeed one of the tests it has is to determine whether the printer is offline or online, and it shows that it is online.

Why does Windows 10 show that it is offline?  How is the HP Print and Scan Doctor able to determine the printer is online, and why does windows 10 not employ that same scheme?

arso martinera commented on Ryan's post 10 months

By "custom function" I am assuming you mean "plugin". If that's the case, there is a good 

down vote

By "custom function" I am assuming you mean "plugin". If that's the case, there is a good tutorial on the jQuery site. The basic idea is this:
(function($) {
$.fn.myPlugin = function() {
return this.each(function() {
//Do stuff
});
};
}(jQuery));
Basically, the code above does a few things. Firstly, it captures the value of jQuery and passes it into an anonymous function where it can then be referred to as $ (this is so that users of your plugin who happen to be using the $ identifier for something else can still use it.)
It then declares a method on $.fn, which is just an alias for $.prototype. Inside that method, this refers to the matched set of elements on which the plugin has been called. Since thats a jQuery object, and may contain multiple elements, you need to iterate over that set (that's why the each is there).
The return statement is used to maintain chainability of the plugin with other jQuery methods. Since each returns an instance of jQuery, the plugin itself returns an instance of jQuery, and other jQuery methods can obviously be called on an instance of jQuery.

arso martinera commented on Harrison Gordon's post 10 months

A person with false confidence performs what I call "Acting Sober": http://blog.figuringshitout.com/.... That is, they will perform in ways that is in line with their image of a confident person. It's then possible, knowing this, to probe them in subtle ways to determine whether they are acting sober or actual sober.For example, most people commonly assume that confident people have a hard time admitting they were wrong. Thus, if you can push them into saying something that is trivially wrong, the false confident person will defend it unnecessarily while the true confident person will cheerfully admit a mistake and move on.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Annie Robinson's post 10 months

Hello ! 

Arso

You commented on Annie Robinson's post 10 months

Hello ! 

Arso

You commented on ajstyle's post 10 months

Why would windows 10 be unable to find the printer on the wifi network?

I mean, the HP Print and Scan Doctor is able to communicate with it, and indeed one of the tests it has is to determine whether the printer is offline or online, and it shows that it is online.

Why does Windows 10 show that it is offline?  How is the HP Print and Scan Doctor able to determine the printer is online, and why does windows 10 not employ that same scheme?

You commented on Ryan's post 10 months

By "custom function" I am assuming you mean "plugin". If that's the case, there is a good 

down vote

By "custom function" I am assuming you mean "plugin". If that's the case, there is a good tutorial on the jQuery site. The basic idea is this:
(function($) {
$.fn.myPlugin = function() {
return this.each(function() {
//Do stuff
});
};
}(jQuery));
Basically, the code above does a few things. Firstly, it captures the value of jQuery and passes it into an anonymous function where it can then be referred to as $ (this is so that users of your plugin who happen to be using the $ identifier for something else can still use it.)
It then declares a method on $.fn, which is just an alias for $.prototype. Inside that method, this refers to the matched set of elements on which the plugin has been called. Since thats a jQuery object, and may contain multiple elements, you need to iterate over that set (that's why the each is there).
The return statement is used to maintain chainability of the plugin with other jQuery methods. Since each returns an instance of jQuery, the plugin itself returns an instance of jQuery, and other jQuery methods can obviously be called on an instance of jQuery.

You commented on Harrison Gordon's post 10 months

A person with false confidence performs what I call "Acting Sober": http://blog.figuringshitout.com/.... That is, they will perform in ways that is in line with their image of a confident person. It's then possible, knowing this, to probe them in subtle ways to determine whether they are acting sober or actual sober.For example, most people commonly assume that confident people have a hard time admitting they were wrong. Thus, if you can push them into saying something that is trivially wrong, the false confident person will defend it unnecessarily while the true confident person will cheerfully admit a mistake and move on.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content