Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Adam Kelly commented on ndh's post over 5 years

Same here - would love to find a solution for this.

Adam Kelly commented on Adam Kelly's post over 5 years

Thank you Rafi - that video was exactly what I needed. It would be great if Zurb made an official version for the Foundation Docs.

Hi Matteo,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Modifying the variables in _settings.scss works. However, is this the best way to do it? What are the ramifications for future updates to Foundation? Will these customisations be overwritten? Will I need to redefine my custom values after an upgrade?

And if _settings.scss is the most appropriate place to modifying the values for variables, what is the exact purpose of the app.scss? I've read in some posts that it's better to specify custom variables in that file, which is what I was trying to achieve, and would prefer to be honest.

Adam

Okay - here's an update..

It appears trying to run Foundation on my 10.7 Mac Pro is what's causing my headaches.

I've started from scratch on my Macbook with 10.9 and getting up and running was a breeze - I wish this was made clearer on the Foundation site's installation page.

I've installed CodeKit 2.0 (not available for 10.7) that has Foundation framework ready to go. Simple. Had to run a small upgrade/plug in for the system, as opposed to trying to track down a copy of Xcode 4.6 for the Mac Pro that may/not be compatible with RVM so I can update Ruby so I can install Foundation gem, so I can …. crazy.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on ndh's post over 5 years

Same here - would love to find a solution for this.

You commented on Adam Kelly's post over 5 years

Thank you Rafi - that video was exactly what I needed. It would be great if Zurb made an official version for the Foundation Docs.

Hi Matteo,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Modifying the variables in _settings.scss works. However, is this the best way to do it? What are the ramifications for future updates to Foundation? Will these customisations be overwritten? Will I need to redefine my custom values after an upgrade?

And if _settings.scss is the most appropriate place to modifying the values for variables, what is the exact purpose of the app.scss? I've read in some posts that it's better to specify custom variables in that file, which is what I was trying to achieve, and would prefer to be honest.

Adam

Okay - here's an update..

It appears trying to run Foundation on my 10.7 Mac Pro is what's causing my headaches.

I've started from scratch on my Macbook with 10.9 and getting up and running was a breeze - I wish this was made clearer on the Foundation site's installation page.

I've installed CodeKit 2.0 (not available for 10.7) that has Foundation framework ready to go. Simple. Had to run a small upgrade/plug in for the system, as opposed to trying to track down a copy of Xcode 4.6 for the Mac Pro that may/not be compatible with RVM so I can update Ruby so I can install Foundation gem, so I can …. crazy.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content