Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Jonathan Devine commented on Ninad Chande's post almost 5 years

Thanks Randy and Ben. Got me out of a tight spot!

Jonathan Devine commented on Glenn Philp's post almost 5 years

Glenn I appreciate your efforts too. I'm stuck in a situation where many people navigate to our site through older servers that run IE8.

In fact I was initially asked to make Foundation work for IE8 using NO JAVASCRIPT.

Kill me dead. Seriously.

But after some talks they (bosses) came to understand that JS is how backward compatibility is achieved. That said, we're trying to minimize the need.

I'm still implementing your solution, so I'll let you know how it goes.

Jonathan Devine commented on Alessandro Giordano's post almost 5 years

The topbar is really picky about your DOM structure. Start with exactly replicating the structure from the documentation, then modify it until you spot a problem. I would start with taking ul title area out of section.

Jonathan Devine commented on Anders Ramsay's post about 5 years

The topbar is severely resistant to being messed with. This might be one of those rare cases where you should have it outside of topbar and position it absolutely.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Ninad Chande's post almost 5 years

Thanks Randy and Ben. Got me out of a tight spot!

You commented on Glenn Philp's post almost 5 years

Glenn I appreciate your efforts too. I'm stuck in a situation where many people navigate to our site through older servers that run IE8.

In fact I was initially asked to make Foundation work for IE8 using NO JAVASCRIPT.

Kill me dead. Seriously.

But after some talks they (bosses) came to understand that JS is how backward compatibility is achieved. That said, we're trying to minimize the need.

I'm still implementing your solution, so I'll let you know how it goes.

You commented on Alessandro Giordano's post almost 5 years

The topbar is really picky about your DOM structure. Start with exactly replicating the structure from the documentation, then modify it until you spot a problem. I would start with taking ul title area out of section.

You commented on Anders Ramsay's post about 5 years

The topbar is severely resistant to being messed with. This might be one of those rare cases where you should have it outside of topbar and position it absolutely.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content