Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

• NEW
  • Help with Gulp file?

By Jason Kendall

gulpjavascriptfoundation 6.4

Hey I'm pretty new to gulp so I've gotten myself stumped trying to do something that I *think should be relatively easy. What I'm trying to accomplish is to use the "out-of-the-box" gulp file that foundation generates when creating a new site and edit it ... (continued)

My Comments

Jason Kendall commented on Jason Kendall's post about 2 years

UPDATE: Ok so not I downloaded a clean copy of the email starter projects and started comparing the package.js files with my project files. As you can see from what I posted above, my project package.js file is totally different from the template package.js file. I'm not sure where all of the keys for gulp-sass came from in my file because I didn't add those. gulp-sass should just look like this with the version number. 
"gulp-sass": "3.1.0",
I updated it to 3.1.0 from 2.1.0 per Andrews recommendation and it all compiled correctly without errors. I also downgraded node to version 7.0 beforehand but not sure if that was an issue or not.
Thank you Andrew and Corey!

Thanks for the responses guys. Andrew, I tried updating the package file per your response but it's still bombing out. Anything else in this little bit of code that needs to be updated/changed?

"gulp-sass": {

"version": "^3.1.0",

"resolved": "https://registry.npmjs.org/gulp-sass/-/gulp-sass-3.1.0.tgz",

"integrity": "sha1-U9xLaKH13f5EJKtMJHZVJpqLdLc=",

"dev": true,

"requires": {

"gulp-util": "3.0.8",

"lodash.clonedeep": "4.5.0",

"node-sass": "4.7.2",

"through2": "2.0.3",

"vinyl-sourcemaps-apply": "0.2.1"

} </code></pre>

Corey I'm not sure what you're asking. Did your response get cut off?

So I found that for some reason, gulp-imagemin doesn't like .png files. So I made .svg's and it compiled the way it should.

Thanks. They aren’t being copied over at all.

Jason Kendall commented on Alan Jackson's post over 5 years

Alan,

Uncomment line 45 in the _settings.scss and set your weight.

// $body-font-weight: normal;

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Jason Kendall's post about 2 years

UPDATE: Ok so not I downloaded a clean copy of the email starter projects and started comparing the package.js files with my project files. As you can see from what I posted above, my project package.js file is totally different from the template package.js file. I'm not sure where all of the keys for gulp-sass came from in my file because I didn't add those. gulp-sass should just look like this with the version number. 
"gulp-sass": "3.1.0",
I updated it to 3.1.0 from 2.1.0 per Andrews recommendation and it all compiled correctly without errors. I also downgraded node to version 7.0 beforehand but not sure if that was an issue or not.
Thank you Andrew and Corey!

Thanks for the responses guys. Andrew, I tried updating the package file per your response but it's still bombing out. Anything else in this little bit of code that needs to be updated/changed?

"gulp-sass": {

"version": "^3.1.0",

"resolved": "https://registry.npmjs.org/gulp-sass/-/gulp-sass-3.1.0.tgz",

"integrity": "sha1-U9xLaKH13f5EJKtMJHZVJpqLdLc=",

"dev": true,

"requires": {

"gulp-util": "3.0.8",

"lodash.clonedeep": "4.5.0",

"node-sass": "4.7.2",

"through2": "2.0.3",

"vinyl-sourcemaps-apply": "0.2.1"

} </code></pre>

Corey I'm not sure what you're asking. Did your response get cut off?

So I found that for some reason, gulp-imagemin doesn't like .png files. So I made .svg's and it compiled the way it should.

Thanks. They aren’t being copied over at all.

You commented on Alan Jackson's post over 5 years

Alan,

Uncomment line 45 in the _settings.scss and set your weight.

// $body-font-weight: normal;

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers