Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

Replies
  • Dropdowns in 5.2

By Steve Roberts

dropdown

Just upgraded from 5.0 to 5.2...yet another issue Amongst other issues I now find that dropdown on a button at rh edge of page is now off the page, i.e. in 5.0 position of the right of the drop down was aligned with the right of the button, now left of... (continued)

Last Reply by Rafi Benkual over 5 years ago

Replies
  • Push/Pull not working in 5.2

By Steve Roberts

grid

Just upgraded from 5.0 to 5.2 I use the following mixins to style main elements @media #{$medium-up} { #MainContent { @include grid-column($columns:9,$push:3); } #sidebar { display: inherit; @include grid-column($columns:3,$... (continued)

Last Reply by Steve Roberts over 5 years ago

My Comments

Steve Roberts commented on Brett HOlcomb's post over 2 years

Rafi,
More or less that's what I tried to do, but it seems the structure of the scss keeps changing so with each version it seems to take me a while to figure out how to get it to compile
Steve

Steve Roberts commented on Thomas Nowacoski's post over 2 years

Sorry my bad, I was missing from master scss:
@include foundation-menu-icon;
but posting in case any one else has same problem, I just spent several hours trying to figure it out...

Steve Roberts commented on Thomas Nowacoski's post over 2 years

Still an issue using scss version of 6.3

Steve Roberts commented on bill's post over 2 years

I agree with Julie, upgrades have often broken stuff for me too. It all seems far more complicated than it needs to be.

And I've got into a mess sometimes with several different sass complilers installed....
Mostly I have used Koala as a separate sass compiler.

I'm totally with you Brett about all this other junk that seems to totally superfluous unless you are using for some other reason (is it a Mac designer thing ?). I use Netbeans on linux and try to keep my system as minimal uncluttered as possible...
I've used foundation/sass for a couple of sites..... the first one (F4) I just downloaded the files dropped them in a folder and off I went. With each subsequent version F5 and now F6 it seems to have a got more and more tricky with all this ruby, node stuff...
So a big yes please to writing up what you did.....

Steve Roberts commented on Steve Roberts's post over 5 years

in the latest type.scss

background-color:

is missing, but then I can't see when it got changed in github. So may be it was something I added.

Apologies.

It's possible that I am getting really forgetful and this is something I added myself.

In type.scss I had:

&:hover,
  &:focus { color: $anchor-font-color-hover; background-color: $anchor-bg-hover }

so it is a simple job to add it back

Yes thanks Rafi, I already figured that it worked with $position:true and I see there is a patch for the scss in

So my question is what is the purpose of $position in any case, as it is not documented anywhere.

So it seems that these new 'feature' to position the dropdown left/right etc. has really broken things and has not been documented properly.

My original, does not work as in 5.0:

@include dropdown-container($content:content);
    padding: 0.5rem;
}

No triangle and disappears right off the screen.

Tried:
.share-dropdown{
@include dropdown-container($content:content, $triangle:true);
}

No change, comment in scss and in doc incorrect true is ignored

@include dropdown-container($content:content, $triangle:right);
}

triangle appears on the right of the box, but box is still off the screen.

Posts Followed

Replies
  • Dropdowns in 5.2

By Steve Roberts

dropdown

Just upgraded from 5.0 to 5.2...yet another issue Amongst other issues I now find that dropdown on a button at rh edge of page is now off the page, i.e. in 5.0 position of the right of the drop down was aligned with the right of the button, now left of... (continued)

Last Reply by Rafi Benkual over 5 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Brett HOlcomb's post over 2 years

Rafi,
More or less that's what I tried to do, but it seems the structure of the scss keeps changing so with each version it seems to take me a while to figure out how to get it to compile
Steve

You commented on Thomas Nowacoski's post over 2 years

Sorry my bad, I was missing from master scss:
@include foundation-menu-icon;
but posting in case any one else has same problem, I just spent several hours trying to figure it out...

You commented on Thomas Nowacoski's post over 2 years

Still an issue using scss version of 6.3

You commented on bill's post over 2 years

I agree with Julie, upgrades have often broken stuff for me too. It all seems far more complicated than it needs to be.

And I've got into a mess sometimes with several different sass complilers installed....
Mostly I have used Koala as a separate sass compiler.

I'm totally with you Brett about all this other junk that seems to totally superfluous unless you are using for some other reason (is it a Mac designer thing ?). I use Netbeans on linux and try to keep my system as minimal uncluttered as possible...
I've used foundation/sass for a couple of sites..... the first one (F4) I just downloaded the files dropped them in a folder and off I went. With each subsequent version F5 and now F6 it seems to have a got more and more tricky with all this ruby, node stuff...
So a big yes please to writing up what you did.....

You commented on Steve Roberts's post over 5 years

in the latest type.scss

background-color:

is missing, but then I can't see when it got changed in github. So may be it was something I added.

Apologies.

It's possible that I am getting really forgetful and this is something I added myself.

In type.scss I had:

&:hover,
  &:focus { color: $anchor-font-color-hover; background-color: $anchor-bg-hover }

so it is a simple job to add it back

Yes thanks Rafi, I already figured that it worked with $position:true and I see there is a patch for the scss in

So my question is what is the purpose of $position in any case, as it is not documented anywhere.

So it seems that these new 'feature' to position the dropdown left/right etc. has really broken things and has not been documented properly.

My original, does not work as in 5.0:

@include dropdown-container($content:content);
}

No triangle and disappears right off the screen.

Tried:
.share-dropdown{
@include dropdown-container($content:content, $triangle:true);
}

No change, comment in scss and in doc incorrect true is ignored

@include dropdown-container($content:content, $triangle:right);
}

triangle appears on the right of the box, but box is still off the screen.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content