Menu icon Foundation

Designer | London,UK

I recently read that teaching in the Middle Ages was based on the comments of the texts that the masters wrote about the authors of antiquity. This is understood because the classical texts had disappeared. Those that existed had been saved thanks to the work of the clerical monks who made, of course, a selection according to what most resembled the Christian doctrine. And some Ovid escaped because among the frail class there were also many Hitas and many fans to the then forbidden. All this, which seems so old, disconcerted me greatly. In those moments I remembered the education I had lived in a college of nuns in which the only readings were the pious and those who told you the imperial bargains. Needless to say, when you leave, absolutely everything you put in question because there is nothing that resembles what you were taught. And that shock does not come only because the world is different, but because you do not have the method to face it. GETTY IMAGES But then I remembered my studies at the university. When I was lucky enough to have a manual from an intelligent teacher, I was able to get something out of there. Most of the time I did not have that luck. I played many shearers of texts and many absurd hours copying and then reconstructing absurd absurd notes that nothing, absolutely nothing, they served me. I did not find any great professor, as there certainly was and will be today, who teach you not only what they have discovered, but the way to your discoveries. They were still official holders of knowledge, but only that, holders. I do not want to think that the worst was the level of poverty in which society moved then, in the sixties. Few were there that manuals could be bought. And the queues in the Library to catch the books to study, correct and expand notes were immense. So you managed in the banks correcting with each other and supplying what the few texts a thousand times fondly said. I remember my years as a race to get to the texts. Thinking about consulting the bibliography that was scarcely supplied to us was already a Herculean task. Not only because sometimes this bibliography was not accessible, but because if you happened to comment on the base of the bibliography and you stopped adjusting to the manual of the professor, you already knew that you were entering dangerous territory. So some scientific names of each subject sounded to you and some elementary bibliography came to your hands, but the great accumulation of knowledge I acquired through third parties. Others told me about others. That is to say, to arrive at what I now consider to be the access to knowledge was then an effort without prizes. It always seemed distant to me. I had to wait years to taste what I had lost. And then I associated that idea of text comments through third parties to what had been largely my training and, against myself, I rebelled forty and many years after this happened. Because what I received was the same scheme of medieval education that I was reading. And I longed for what I did not have. D All this I think is the background of the debate about how we want our education to be. And if we want someone in fifty years not to do the reflection that I do today, the heart of the debate is not in the hours or in the subjects or in the revalidation or in the titles or masters, but in the way to access knowledge. If we want to have the best researchers, not be in the queue in the creation of patents and, above all, make each human being a creator of their own work, today the parameters are different. We have, until now, worked so that everyone can access knowledge, and this has been a great step. But we have not worked on the how. And if that access still has the components that had the one in which I formed, we have a great task. Montaigne, in his essays,has one dedicated to education. He already said that before teaching a child subjects, you have to teach him to control his character, his self-control, which means to assume the rules, not the order and command. This is the core of success. Talking about this may sound like Chinese in places where violence enters and where parents, by the system, ally with their children, whatever their behavior. But there is no other way. If not, it is the return to authoritarianism. GETTY IMAGES / HERO IMAGES Hero Images And if, even today, many of our parents and teachers are still dreaming of accumulating degrees and masters and those who govern us do not understand what it is to leave the Trivium and the Quadrivium or the trap of the official holders of knowledge, we have much debate in front of. Because organizing the learning process is much easier if you know what you want to achieve for the future. How do you make a child expand his access to knowledge, how do you stimulate him to be comfortable in uncertainty, in risk, so that he always maintains that open position wherever he is in his life. https://www.speedyessay.co.uk/

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

trinity Eli commented on Julian Warren's post 5 months

Kick the assignment stress out of your life by hiring best assignment help writing of Essay Writing Service We deal with all types of assignments because we have experts of all subjects. We are here for you and provide you an academic solution.

Kick the assignment stress out of your life by hiring best assignment help writing of Essay Writing Service We deal with all types of assignments because we have experts of all subjects. We are here for you and provide you an academic solution.

Kick the assignment stress out of your life by hiring best assignment help writing of Essay Help UK. We deal with all types of assignments because we have experts of all subjects. We are here for you and provide you an academic solution.

trinity Eli commented on Samrat Khan's post over 1 year
trinity Eli commented on Asif's post over 1 year

We normally create these as two different files and put them into our own directory structure under the Interchange directory called custom/GlobalSub and then add this, include custom/GlobalSub/*.sub, to the interchange.cfg file to make sure they get loaded when Interchange restarts. 

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Julian Warren's post 5 months

Kick the assignment stress out of your life by hiring best assignment help writing of Essay Help UK. We deal with all types of assignments because we have experts of all subjects. We are here for you and provide you an academic solution.

You commented on Samrat Khan's post over 1 year
You commented on Asif's post over 1 year

We normally create these as two different files and put them into our own directory structure under the Interchange directory called custom/GlobalSub and then add this, include custom/GlobalSub/*.sub, to the interchange.cfg file to make sure they get loaded when Interchange restarts. 

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content