Menu icon Foundation

Coder

My Posts

My Comments

Jaziel Tan commented on Peter's post 10 days

Besides performance reasons especially when it comes to animations.
I think it's a good idea for new developers post jquery to actually write proper js instead getting sucked into the jquery syntax bubble. Like I did. 
It's not to hate on it. But I think it's time to move on.

Jaziel Tan commented on Peter's post 21 days

I would very much like the idea. Especially with where es6 is going. I think we could really benefit from this. 

Jaziel Tan commented on Jaziel Tan's post 3 months

Right... So after hours wasted in front end dependency hell. here's the problem. There's a dependency needed named Node-gyp. What does it do? I don't really know, it compiles Node addons which are node modules written in C or C+. why in the world did I need that? who knows. Node-gyp requires Python. but it doesn't support python 3. it requires python 2.7. now my npm is set to use python 3.6. So you will need to either install python 2.7 but if you are on windows, you will need to get Microsoft build tools for the configuration. refer to this
after following the instructions set node-gyp to run on python 2.7 and run npm install on your project directory. that should work. 

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Peter's post 10 days

Besides performance reasons especially when it comes to animations.
I think it's a good idea for new developers post jquery to actually write proper js instead getting sucked into the jquery syntax bubble. Like I did. 
It's not to hate on it. But I think it's time to move on.

You commented on Peter's post 21 days

I would very much like the idea. Especially with where es6 is going. I think we could really benefit from this. 

You commented on Jaziel Tan's post 3 months

Right... So after hours wasted in front end dependency hell. here's the problem. There's a dependency needed named Node-gyp. What does it do? I don't really know, it compiles Node addons which are node modules written in C or C+. why in the world did I need that? who knows. Node-gyp requires Python. but it doesn't support python 3. it requires python 2.7. now my npm is set to use python 3.6. So you will need to either install python 2.7 but if you are on windows, you will need to get Microsoft build tools for the configuration. refer to this
after following the instructions set node-gyp to run on python 2.7 and run npm install on your project directory. that should work. 

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content