Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Innsbruck, Austria

Freelancer, IT Consultant, Software Architect, just another guy among the rest ... you name it :)

My Posts

My Comments

Peter commented on Peter's post 8 months

For one, as already mentioned, it is bloated. The next thing I have in mind is that jQuery is a pain in the a** regarding web components and shadow dom. Most of these individual Foundation plugin initializers use non-scoped selectors. In other terms, all initializers are document-based which interferes with the idea of document fragments.
I managed to wrap the jQuery/Sizzle constructor with my own functionality and it kinda works, but nonetheless I'd love to see vanilla in the next major release - with a strict focus on effective selectors, both for plugins and listeners such as resize, scroll etc.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Peter's post 8 months

For one, as already mentioned, it is bloated. The next thing I have in mind is that jQuery is a pain in the a** regarding web components and shadow dom. Most of these individual Foundation plugin initializers use non-scoped selectors. In other terms, all initializers are document-based which interferes with the idea of document fragments.
I managed to wrap the jQuery/Sizzle constructor with my own functionality and it kinda works, but nonetheless I'd love to see vanilla in the next major release - with a strict focus on effective selectors, both for plugins and listeners such as resize, scroll etc.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content