Menu icon Foundation

Designer | Cleveland, OH

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Christopher Zavatchen commented on Barbara Ahart's post almost 2 years

I am also seeing the following message that slows down the reading of the "gulpfile.babel.js" in my new project I created using the "foundation new" command:
[19:57:56] Failed to load external module @babel/register
[19:57:56] Requiring external module babel-register
I have the following installed for reference:

Foundation CLI 2.2.5
Node.js 6.12.2
npm 5.6.0
Foundation for Sites 6.4.3
gulp CLI 1.4.0
gulp Local 4.0.0-alpha.2 (This came with Foundation via the "foundation new" command.)

I tried some of the ideas mentioned above, but none of them corrected the problem.
My development site and environment still loads and works properly, but when I type "foundation watch" the "Requiring external module babel-register" line causes me to have to wait a few minutes before I can start working on the project.
I did some searching online and found the following that talks about the problem and it sounds like it might be normal to see this error:

Failed to load external module babel-register #1631

It would be helpful if someone could let us know if it is normal for the error to appear or if it is something that is being fixed in a newer version of Zurb Foundation. For now I am going to live with the message and delay and hope it is fixed in the future.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Barbara Ahart's post almost 2 years

I am also seeing the following message that slows down the reading of the "gulpfile.babel.js" in my new project I created using the "foundation new" command:
[19:57:56] Failed to load external module @babel/register
[19:57:56] Requiring external module babel-register
I have the following installed for reference:

Foundation CLI 2.2.5
Node.js 6.12.2
npm 5.6.0
Foundation for Sites 6.4.3
gulp CLI 1.4.0
gulp Local 4.0.0-alpha.2 (This came with Foundation via the "foundation new" command.)

I tried some of the ideas mentioned above, but none of them corrected the problem.
My development site and environment still loads and works properly, but when I type "foundation watch" the "Requiring external module babel-register" line causes me to have to wait a few minutes before I can start working on the project.
I did some searching online and found the following that talks about the problem and it sounds like it might be normal to see this error:

Failed to load external module babel-register #1631

It would be helpful if someone could let us know if it is normal for the error to appear or if it is something that is being fixed in a newer version of Zurb Foundation. For now I am going to live with the message and delay and hope it is fixed in the future.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content