Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Jon de Araujo commented on Jon de Araujo's post over 5 years

Hooray, grabbed the orbit code from 5.0.3 and pasted it over the Orbit code in 5.2 and it works again. This is obviously a terrible solution but it's been a week now and no updates on github, no help on email support or IRC have left me hanging way too long.

All I can suggest to other people experiencing similar issues is that you either a. don't update, b. do update and keep a backup of your old orbit code to use or c. use a different framework.

For anyone following the issue, it would seem that the animate-in and animate-out classes aren't being dealt with correctly, not sure what is causing it but I've posted the issue on github now

Ok so another update, started the project again and now the slider loads but doesn't play despite the fact that the timer appears to be running. As with previously the next and previous slides are still not working and the click to next slide is also not working. The Clearing Lightbox appears to be fixed but still no luck with Orbit.

I've had a chat to the guys on the IRC channel which is incredibly quiet and had better luck on the #wordpress channel but the problem stumped them as well.

If anyone has any ideas about what's going on please reply, it will be much appreciated

Ok so another update:

Looks like I took a step in the right direction today by stumbling across this little line of code:

meta.foundation-data-attribute-namespace {
  font-family: false; }

It took about 4 and a half hours to come across that and now if you visit

http://www.neverdesign.net/testbed/

you will see that the slider is at least applying some of the classes and styles but things like the buttons don't work and the slider isn't actually moving through the images.

Previously it was apparently being set to 'Sans-serif'.

On another note this problem seems to affect to the Clearing Lightbox which can be found on this page

http://www.neverdesign.net/testbed/gallery-pages

It seems to be better with that line of SCSS in but I am wondering what else is missing because of it. Can anyone shed some light on this and how the namespacing works and why even though my settings.scss was up to date it wasn't included?

Still desperately trying to solve this. Thanks!!

Ok so ran another Bower_update and the terminal output did appear to use the #5.2.0 git repository and no errors were reported then I created a new project and did a file compare and all of the files in my theme were the same.

Went through my functions file too and updated the wp_enqueue_scripts calls to include the right version numbers and tried using the Google CDN for jQuery and the one in the bower_components folder with neither making a difference.

I noticed that once the page was fully loaded and I ran a jQuery(document).foundation(); or $(document).foundation(); I was returned what looks like the whole DOM and then also changed the call from the footer to the header and tried it with no luck. Also tried running the call like:

(function ($) {
  $(document).foundation();
});

Again no luck though :( Tried all this on both my local machine and the server

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Jon de Araujo's post over 5 years

Hooray, grabbed the orbit code from 5.0.3 and pasted it over the Orbit code in 5.2 and it works again. This is obviously a terrible solution but it's been a week now and no updates on github, no help on email support or IRC have left me hanging way too long.

All I can suggest to other people experiencing similar issues is that you either a. don't update, b. do update and keep a backup of your old orbit code to use or c. use a different framework.

For anyone following the issue, it would seem that the animate-in and animate-out classes aren't being dealt with correctly, not sure what is causing it but I've posted the issue on github now

Ok so another update, started the project again and now the slider loads but doesn't play despite the fact that the timer appears to be running. As with previously the next and previous slides are still not working and the click to next slide is also not working. The Clearing Lightbox appears to be fixed but still no luck with Orbit.

I've had a chat to the guys on the IRC channel which is incredibly quiet and had better luck on the #wordpress channel but the problem stumped them as well.

If anyone has any ideas about what's going on please reply, it will be much appreciated

Ok so another update:

Looks like I took a step in the right direction today by stumbling across this little line of code:

meta.foundation-data-attribute-namespace {
  font-family: false; }

It took about 4 and a half hours to come across that and now if you visit

http://www.neverdesign.net/testbed/

you will see that the slider is at least applying some of the classes and styles but things like the buttons don't work and the slider isn't actually moving through the images.

Previously it was apparently being set to 'Sans-serif'.

On another note this problem seems to affect to the Clearing Lightbox which can be found on this page

http://www.neverdesign.net/testbed/gallery-pages

It seems to be better with that line of SCSS in but I am wondering what else is missing because of it. Can anyone shed some light on this and how the namespacing works and why even though my settings.scss was up to date it wasn't included?

Still desperately trying to solve this. Thanks!!

Ok so ran another Bower_update and the terminal output did appear to use the #5.2.0 git repository and no errors were reported then I created a new project and did a file compare and all of the files in my theme were the same.

Went through my functions file too and updated the wp_enqueue_scripts calls to include the right version numbers and tried using the Google CDN for jQuery and the one in the bower_components folder with neither making a difference.

I noticed that once the page was fully loaded and I ran a jQuery(document).foundation(); or $(document).foundation(); I was returned what looks like the whole DOM and then also changed the call from the footer to the header and tried it with no luck. Also tried running the call like:

(function ($) {
  $(document).foundation();
});

Again no luck though :( Tried all this on both my local machine and the server

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content