Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Nick Roosevelt commented on Nick Roosevelt's post over 5 years

I' trying to get a submit button and a link to be the same height and appearance. I have gotten them to look the same in some places by adding height values specifically, but then it only works in some places. Under what circumstances is fractional pixels beneficial? I have about 30 years experience in software, and I have never wanted to specify positions on a display in fractional pixels, and I have numerous times rounded them off because it was causing problems. I guess perhaps in the retina world and the idea of resolution independent display technology, this might be somehow useful, but then it seems to me you should not express the unit as pixels. Pixels are fundamentally discrete/integral. Please just don't pretend that they are somehow continuous.

And no, it's not just Google Chrome.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Nick Roosevelt's post over 5 years

I' trying to get a submit button and a link to be the same height and appearance. I have gotten them to look the same in some places by adding height values specifically, but then it only works in some places. Under what circumstances is fractional pixels beneficial? I have about 30 years experience in software, and I have never wanted to specify positions on a display in fractional pixels, and I have numerous times rounded them off because it was causing problems. I guess perhaps in the retina world and the idea of resolution independent display technology, this might be somehow useful, but then it seems to me you should not express the unit as pixels. Pixels are fundamentally discrete/integral. Please just don't pretend that they are somehow continuous.

And no, it's not just Google Chrome.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content