Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Shrewsbury, UK

My Posts

My Comments

Steve King commented on Thomas E. Vasquez's post over 5 years

Hi Thomas,

I will do! I am new to Wordpress in general, but not new to Foundation! Been using Foundation since version 3, always finding new ways to do great things with it.

I will find your FB page and like it for sure! It is nice to see a good starting point for a wordpress theme! I will more than likely had a dig with it on my test server to see how far I can push it!

Steve King commented on Jeremy Englert's post over 5 years

I know this is a little late for a reply, but did you ever fix this issue? I had the same issue myself!

With Jointswp the reason this is happening is because you havent assigned the menu. If you go to Appearance => Customize. Then the little preview box. If you go to "Navigation" and assign the menu you are trying to use.

This is what fixed my issue anyway, I tried all the other ways. Checking if the data-topbar was there, making sure there were no JS conflict etc etc. In the end it was a simple assign the menu!

Hope his helps! And sorry for late reply too!

Steve King commented on Thomas E. Vasquez's post over 5 years

When I see a domain name with the words "awesome" in it I feel I must see how awesome ...

I must admit you did not fail to achieve this name at all! This is amazing my friend and I shall be using this form sure!

I was literally about to create a wordpress theme with Foundation5.2 but you have saved me the troubles!

Thank you!

Steve King commented on George's post over 5 years

Hi George,

I just noticed you have Foundation working all ok. However Foundation 5 is using the newer jQuery (2.1) and you site is using jQuery 1.1.x This will stop certain features from working to start with.

The other files you have linked correctly.

If you let me know what problems you are having I may be able to give you alittle more information on this one.

Steve King commented on George's post over 5 years

What issues are you having with the wordpress theme?

Steve King commented on Oloeg's post over 5 years

@Hugo I have no idea why they do that, personally when creating a wordpress theme and using something like JavaScript files or CSS they are typically used globally. Why then create a function to be called when required? It is much easier to include these scripts/stylesheets in both header and footer. The only time I created a function was to use font-awesome and this is because it gave me the option to then use the WYSIWYG editor and enter an icon when required. With something like a drop down and only being used on navigation you would not require this.

Also I just noticed you are using jQuery 2.10? have you checked there are no JavaScript errors? I recently found one when using the reveal plugin and jQuery 1.9. It uses the live.() call which is depreciated in newer versions and needs changing to on.()

Hope this helps? If not I will dig in a little more.

Steve King commented on Oloeg's post over 5 years

Hi Hugo,

I was wondering why you are using a function to register your files in a theme instead of just loading them as you would do a standard html page? Always seems the safest bet in my eyes?

Steve King commented on Mike Mikelle's post over 5 years

Ah conflicting jQuery, I hate it when that happens! Well done though!

Steve King commented on Mike Mikelle's post over 5 years

Hi Mike,

A couple of points here. Firstly are you just pasting in the code there and not worrying about markup (for the PHP)? If so ok :D but with Wordpress I find it a whole lot easier to call my JS in through the header instead of loading scripts as a function?

IE - /path/to/file.js">

Just a personnal preference really.

Secondly I have noticed that on a site I am currently building I got a similar error dude to using a new version of jQuery (1.9.x) where a Zurb script was using the live. methid instead of the on. method. Switching over in the JS script fixied this perfectly for me, perhaps you are having the same issue (using the 2.0 jQuery)?

If you have issues reading the JS file I use a great tool, just google search JavaScript unminifier.

Hope this helps?

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Thomas E. Vasquez's post over 5 years

Hi Thomas,

I will do! I am new to Wordpress in general, but not new to Foundation! Been using Foundation since version 3, always finding new ways to do great things with it.

I will find your FB page and like it for sure! It is nice to see a good starting point for a wordpress theme! I will more than likely had a dig with it on my test server to see how far I can push it!

You commented on Jeremy Englert's post over 5 years

I know this is a little late for a reply, but did you ever fix this issue? I had the same issue myself!

With Jointswp the reason this is happening is because you havent assigned the menu. If you go to Appearance => Customize. Then the little preview box. If you go to "Navigation" and assign the menu you are trying to use.

This is what fixed my issue anyway, I tried all the other ways. Checking if the data-topbar was there, making sure there were no JS conflict etc etc. In the end it was a simple assign the menu!

Hope his helps! And sorry for late reply too!

You commented on Thomas E. Vasquez's post over 5 years

When I see a domain name with the words "awesome" in it I feel I must see how awesome ...

I must admit you did not fail to achieve this name at all! This is amazing my friend and I shall be using this form sure!

I was literally about to create a wordpress theme with Foundation5.2 but you have saved me the troubles!

Thank you!

You commented on George's post over 5 years

Hi George,

I just noticed you have Foundation working all ok. However Foundation 5 is using the newer jQuery (2.1) and you site is using jQuery 1.1.x This will stop certain features from working to start with.

The other files you have linked correctly.

If you let me know what problems you are having I may be able to give you alittle more information on this one.

You commented on George's post over 5 years

What issues are you having with the wordpress theme?

You commented on Oloeg's post over 5 years

@Hugo I have no idea why they do that, personally when creating a wordpress theme and using something like JavaScript files or CSS they are typically used globally. Why then create a function to be called when required? It is much easier to include these scripts/stylesheets in both header and footer. The only time I created a function was to use font-awesome and this is because it gave me the option to then use the WYSIWYG editor and enter an icon when required. With something like a drop down and only being used on navigation you would not require this.

Also I just noticed you are using jQuery 2.10? have you checked there are no JavaScript errors? I recently found one when using the reveal plugin and jQuery 1.9. It uses the live.() call which is depreciated in newer versions and needs changing to on.()

Hope this helps? If not I will dig in a little more.

You commented on Oloeg's post over 5 years

Hi Hugo,

I was wondering why you are using a function to register your files in a theme instead of just loading them as you would do a standard html page? Always seems the safest bet in my eyes?

You commented on Mike Mikelle's post over 5 years

Ah conflicting jQuery, I hate it when that happens! Well done though!

You commented on Mike Mikelle's post over 5 years

Hi Mike,

A couple of points here. Firstly are you just pasting in the code there and not worrying about markup (for the PHP)? If so ok :D but with Wordpress I find it a whole lot easier to call my JS in through the header instead of loading scripts as a function?

IE - /path/to/file.js">

Just a personnal preference really.

Secondly I have noticed that on a site I am currently building I got a similar error dude to using a new version of jQuery (1.9.x) where a Zurb script was using the live. methid instead of the on. method. Switching over in the JS script fixied this perfectly for me, perhaps you are having the same issue (using the 2.0 jQuery)?

If you have issues reading the JS file I use a great tool, just google search JavaScript unminifier.

Hope this helps?

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content