Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Wisconsin

My Posts

My Comments

Patrick Mccaffrey commented on Patrick Mccaffrey's post about 5 years

Given the fact that Orbit has been deprecated, and I had nothing but issues with it, we changed all of the site's sliders to Flexslider.

Not exactly a "fix," but at least the site works again...

Patrick Mccaffrey commented on Rafi Benkual's post over 5 years

Orbit has been borked for me since 5.1.1. I guess removing it all together is one way to fix it.

Patrick Mccaffrey commented on Patrick Mccaffrey's post over 5 years

Bump? Anyone?

Patrick Mccaffrey commented on Bill Sholar's post over 5 years

+1 on wondering when 5.3 will be released, and if the big problems with Orbit will be fixed. With version 5.2.2, Orbit doesn't even start for me...

Patrick Mccaffrey commented on Viet Hoang's post over 5 years

I'm having the same problem.

If I override Foundation.set_namespace with an empty function, Orbit does not initialize because it tries to check the length on this.namespace (which is null).

If I use the CSS workaround (font-family:false), all of the scripts initialize, but Orbit still doesn't work. The first slide looks correct, and the timer seems to work, but the slides never actually slide.

Ideas? This is a pretty crippling bug, in my opinion. How do problems like this make it into a release?

Patrick Mccaffrey commented on Jon de Araujo's post over 5 years

Are there plans to fix this? None of the current solutions are viable, in my opinion.

Things like this REALLY should stop a version from being released...

Patrick Mccaffrey commented on Clement's post over 5 years

Has anyone gotten the developers attention for this issue? I just ran into it today, and would like to know what the "accepted" way to fix it is.

Adding an empty click() handler feels extremely "dirty" to me, and if adding the "data-topbar" attribute to the element is the proper way to implement this, then the documentation should be updated to reflect that.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Patrick Mccaffrey's post about 5 years

Given the fact that Orbit has been deprecated, and I had nothing but issues with it, we changed all of the site's sliders to Flexslider.

Not exactly a "fix," but at least the site works again...

You commented on Rafi Benkual's post over 5 years

Orbit has been borked for me since 5.1.1. I guess removing it all together is one way to fix it.

You commented on Patrick Mccaffrey's post over 5 years

Bump? Anyone?

You commented on Bill Sholar's post over 5 years

+1 on wondering when 5.3 will be released, and if the big problems with Orbit will be fixed. With version 5.2.2, Orbit doesn't even start for me...

You commented on Viet Hoang's post over 5 years

I'm having the same problem.

If I override Foundation.set_namespace with an empty function, Orbit does not initialize because it tries to check the length on this.namespace (which is null).

If I use the CSS workaround (font-family:false), all of the scripts initialize, but Orbit still doesn't work. The first slide looks correct, and the timer seems to work, but the slides never actually slide.

Ideas? This is a pretty crippling bug, in my opinion. How do problems like this make it into a release?

You commented on Jon de Araujo's post over 5 years

Are there plans to fix this? None of the current solutions are viable, in my opinion.

Things like this REALLY should stop a version from being released...

You commented on Clement's post over 5 years

Has anyone gotten the developers attention for this issue? I just ran into it today, and would like to know what the "accepted" way to fix it is.

Adding an empty click() handler feels extremely "dirty" to me, and if adding the "data-topbar" attribute to the element is the proper way to implement this, then the documentation should be updated to reflect that.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content