Menu icon Foundation

Designer | London

My Posts

• NEW
  • Centered header background

By Allan Langley

cssH tagcentered

Hello, I'm trying to get a bunch of short one word headers (using the H3 tag) to have a uniform fixed width background colour - sort of like a button and centred within the row. However adding the background colour in the CSS, spans the colour across the ... (continued)

My Comments

Allan Langley commented on Allan Langley's post about 4 years

Thanks James - a very helpful response. I found codekit to be just what I was looking for and at $32 pretty reasonable as it certainly saved me a lot of time and trouble.

Thanks Mike for your reply too - I did the opposite switching from mixture to codekit for the reasons mentioned above - mainly mixture being wound down so ultimately unsupported. I did like it though! Shame it wasn't viable for them to continue with it. That said I've found codekit very easy to set up foundation so all good so far.

Thanks again guys.
Allan

Allan Langley commented on Allan Langley's post about 4 years

Hi Mike - many thanks for your reply! Ah I didn't realise that. I ended up going with Codekit, which required a bit of learning, but it worked out well in the end. I had to redo the page templates into the .kit format but codekit converts automatically to HTML, so a good timesaver after the initial learning curve. Probably best in the long run with Mixture being essentially discontinued - a shame it ended like that though as, like you say, it was great product.

Many thanks again!
Allan

Allan Langley commented on Allan Langley's post over 4 years

Thanks Rafi - I'll take a look.

Allan Langley commented on Allan Langley's post almost 5 years

Thanks Rafi - apologies for the late reply!

Allan Langley commented on Allan Langley's post almost 5 years

Well I seemed to have solved the issue - I literally replaced the Mixture installed foundation.offcanvas.js (version 5.4.7) within the foundation js folder in bower_components with the foundation.offcanvas.js (version 5.3.0) from my initial vanilla hack .... now it works. Don't really know why but it works so I'm happy. If anyone does have a solution, I'd love to know as essentially I think I've just replaced the off canvas js with an older version.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Allan Langley's post about 4 years

Thanks James - a very helpful response. I found codekit to be just what I was looking for and at $32 pretty reasonable as it certainly saved me a lot of time and trouble.

Thanks Mike for your reply too - I did the opposite switching from mixture to codekit for the reasons mentioned above - mainly mixture being wound down so ultimately unsupported. I did like it though! Shame it wasn't viable for them to continue with it. That said I've found codekit very easy to set up foundation so all good so far.

Thanks again guys.
Allan

You commented on Allan Langley's post about 4 years

Hi Mike - many thanks for your reply! Ah I didn't realise that. I ended up going with Codekit, which required a bit of learning, but it worked out well in the end. I had to redo the page templates into the .kit format but codekit converts automatically to HTML, so a good timesaver after the initial learning curve. Probably best in the long run with Mixture being essentially discontinued - a shame it ended like that though as, like you say, it was great product.

Many thanks again!
Allan

You commented on Allan Langley's post over 4 years

Thanks Rafi - I'll take a look.

You commented on Allan Langley's post almost 5 years

Thanks Rafi - apologies for the late reply!

You commented on Allan Langley's post almost 5 years

Well I seemed to have solved the issue - I literally replaced the Mixture installed foundation.offcanvas.js (version 5.4.7) within the foundation js folder in bower_components with the foundation.offcanvas.js (version 5.3.0) from my initial vanilla hack .... now it works. Don't really know why but it works so I'm happy. If anyone does have a solution, I'd love to know as essentially I think I've just replaced the off canvas js with an older version.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

Followers

• No Content