Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Daniel Molnar commented on Adam Jenkins's post over 1 year

Hi there,
I could use help with my install as well, I'm using Atom with full zurb scss install.

I tried running this after my equalizer section but I noticed it's already included in app.js pre-build
$(document).foundation();
either way my equalizer doesn't seem to run, am I missing jquery perhaps?
My foundation is also called in app.js as:
import Foundation from 'foundation-sites';
I'm using the sample code on my page here: www.cleanto.ca/testCode/
I did get this odd error code when viewing the page but I'm not sure what's causing it yet, I had put some custom .js code in the bottom of the app.js file pre-build, perhaps that is interfering but I'm not sure yet.:

The other error I'm still getting is related to babel login. That could be affecting the compiling of code and backwards compatibility of some of the scripts.
Thanks guys!Dan

Daniel Molnar commented on Ben Delaney's post over 1 year

I also put custom .js files in the src/js folder and src/js/lib folders but they do not get compiled into the app.js file automatically.
Do we need to import our own files using ES2015 import commands by adding them into the app.js file under src/js/ ?
I have no idea how that would look since the path is different than .js files in the node_modules folder.

I'd prefer to compile everything into 1 file (dist/assets/app.js) and have it automatically minified to improve page load times by a few milliseconds ;-)

Thanks!
Daniel

Daniel Molnar commented on Ron Wade's post over 1 year

I ran the CLI:
foundation build
I saw everything was working in my offline code but when I uploaded to the server it didn't work so it may be a caching issue as well.
I can confirm after clearing my browsing data the app.css file was finally updated and the changes made were displayed online.
This is great, it means the site will launch super fast for return visitors but makes testing a bit more difficult so just look at your offline versions and remember if you are showing a client via online conference they will also need to clear their browsing data if you don't feel like modifying the lease times on your css files.

Daniel Molnar commented on Paolo Sax's post over 1 year

I'm getting this same error on fresh full sites install with scss on windows 10. >.<
Not sure if this is a gulp utils problem or a vinyl problem or both.
I've updated gulp, npm, gulp-cli, run Yarn, and tried installing babel about 5 different ways. 

Still getting babel-register error but more importantly because of the following I cannot launch watch or build on fresh site install:
Does it matter if the project is renamed (root directory)?
Funny enough my old project still works so I'm starting to think it was the renaming that broke it.

Error: foundation-zurb-template@1.0.0 start: gulp

Exit status 1

at EventEmitter.&lt;anonymous&gt; (C:\Users\ID\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\foundation-cli\node_modules\npm\lib\utils\lifecycle.js:217:16)

at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)

at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:191:7)

at ChildProcess.&lt;anonymous&gt; (C:\Users\ID\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\foundation-cli\node_modules\npm\lib\utils\spawn.js:24:14)

at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:191:7)

at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:920:16)

at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:230:5)</code></pre>

Daniel Molnar commented on Steve Osten's post over 1 year

If you use *.scss, does gulp take files in alphabetical order?Just keeping in mind that css code following prior code will override the prior code so the base should be included first and then the site specifics.

Thanks!
Dan

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Adam Jenkins's post over 1 year

Hi there,
I could use help with my install as well, I'm using Atom with full zurb scss install.

I tried running this after my equalizer section but I noticed it's already included in app.js pre-build
$(document).foundation();
either way my equalizer doesn't seem to run, am I missing jquery perhaps?
My foundation is also called in app.js as:
import Foundation from 'foundation-sites';
I'm using the sample code on my page here: www.cleanto.ca/testCode/
I did get this odd error code when viewing the page but I'm not sure what's causing it yet, I had put some custom .js code in the bottom of the app.js file pre-build, perhaps that is interfering but I'm not sure yet.:

The other error I'm still getting is related to babel login. That could be affecting the compiling of code and backwards compatibility of some of the scripts.
Thanks guys!Dan

You commented on Ben Delaney's post over 1 year

I also put custom .js files in the src/js folder and src/js/lib folders but they do not get compiled into the app.js file automatically.
Do we need to import our own files using ES2015 import commands by adding them into the app.js file under src/js/ ?
I have no idea how that would look since the path is different than .js files in the node_modules folder.

I'd prefer to compile everything into 1 file (dist/assets/app.js) and have it automatically minified to improve page load times by a few milliseconds ;-)

Thanks!
Daniel

You commented on Ron Wade's post over 1 year

I ran the CLI:
foundation build
I saw everything was working in my offline code but when I uploaded to the server it didn't work so it may be a caching issue as well.
I can confirm after clearing my browsing data the app.css file was finally updated and the changes made were displayed online.
This is great, it means the site will launch super fast for return visitors but makes testing a bit more difficult so just look at your offline versions and remember if you are showing a client via online conference they will also need to clear their browsing data if you don't feel like modifying the lease times on your css files.

You commented on Paolo Sax's post over 1 year

I'm getting this same error on fresh full sites install with scss on windows 10. >.<
Not sure if this is a gulp utils problem or a vinyl problem or both.
I've updated gulp, npm, gulp-cli, run Yarn, and tried installing babel about 5 different ways. 

Still getting babel-register error but more importantly because of the following I cannot launch watch or build on fresh site install:
Does it matter if the project is renamed (root directory)?
Funny enough my old project still works so I'm starting to think it was the renaming that broke it.

Error: foundation-zurb-template@1.0.0 start: gulp

Exit status 1

at EventEmitter.&lt;anonymous&gt; (C:\Users\ID\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\foundation-cli\node_modules\npm\lib\utils\lifecycle.js:217:16)

at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:191:7)

at ChildProcess.&lt;anonymous&gt; (C:\Users\ID\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\foundation-cli\node_modules\npm\lib\utils\spawn.js:24:14)

at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:191:7)

at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:920:16)

at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:230:5)</code></pre>

You commented on Steve Osten's post over 1 year

If you use *.scss, does gulp take files in alphabetical order?Just keeping in mind that css code following prior code will override the prior code so the base should be included first and then the site specifics.

Thanks!
Dan

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content