Menu icon Foundation

Designer | Rimini

My Posts

Replies
  • Can't get Interchange to work - F6

By Paolo Sax

interchange

Hello, I'm trying to test & deploy interchange on F6 for a background divs, but it's not clear at all on how to initialize the whole stuff - I mean I've followed the docs instructions (but maybe I did it wrong): - Insert the scripts bower_components... (continued)

Last Reply by Paolo Sax over 2 years ago

Replies
  • Error on update 5.5

By Paolo Sax

Update5.5error

I've just tried to install the new 5.5 and create a new project following the instruction; compiling with Compass, it prompt the following error: error scss/app.scss (Line 13 of bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/_functions.scss: Invalid CSS a... (continued)

Last Reply by Paolo Sax over 3 years ago

• NEW
  • Equalizer divs overlay non-Equalizer divs

By Paolo Sax

Equalizer

Hello, I'm trying to use equalizer seting up a layout (but I'm not sure if equalizer it is intended to do so) In the following code, the 'equalised' #contents divs overlay the following #footer div - while I'd like to leave the footer always at the botto... (continued)

My Comments

Paolo Sax commented on Paolo Sax's post over 1 year

Hello Rafi, hi and thanks for your quick reply!
You know what? Actually before posting this thread I tried this many time (that is appending the page name after the localhost:etc...) but it was not working.
And now it work!
Evidently I should have to check better and proceed more slowly or whatever...
Thank you mate and sorry to bother...
Ciao
Paolo

Paolo Sax commented on Paolo Sax's post over 1 year

...mmmh, it looks like that the problem was caused by a typo in a sass file I was workin on.A comma at the end of a css rule instead of a semicolon, like this:
.class {
bottom: 0,
}
Now it seems to work fine - but it is possible that the problem was caused by this? I mean, a typo like this already occurred to me in the past, but Foundation (gulp?) never stopped to work/watch...

Paolo Sax commented on Paolo Sax's post about 2 years

@Robbert Stapel

...soooo simple!
I always thought that, apart from the @import directives on top, you should use the @include of the components you need - grids etc. - in order to use the relative mixins... I was wrong :)

Thanks Robbert for your fast reply and support
Paolo

Paolo Sax commented on Andrew Cetnarskyj's post about 2 years

hello @Rafi Benkual
...but in any case it still load all the Foundation classes (.row, .small-1, .small-2 etc), is it right?

I mean, I used to proceed as your indication, including/excluding the @import directives that I require, but this do not prevent to compile all the relevant Foundation's CSS classes. Or am i missing something?

Long story short: is it possible to get the Foundation framework to behave according to a mixins-only approach?

Thanks
Paolo

Paolo Sax commented on Paolo Sax's post over 2 years

Hello Dayo, thanks for your reply.
Actually I've included the [default] because I've read this in some other forum (in order to find a solution and have interchange work); however, the missing "[" was beacuse I've unintentionally deleted it posting this thread in the forum, when I changed my original img path and included a shorter one, in order to make it more clear.

Anyway, also without the [default] part and double-checking all the brackets and stuff, still i can't get it work.

My doubt is about the whole js implementation in my files - I mean, I'm not sure if I've included all the js needed. This is what I got at the end of my page:

<script src="bower_components/jquery/dist/jquery.js"></script>
  <script src="bower_components/what-input/what-input.js"></script>
   <script src="bower_components/foundation-sites/dist/foundation.js"></script>
  <script src="bower_components/foundation-sites/js/foundation.interchange.js"></script>
  <script src="bower_components/foundation-sites/js/foundation.util.mediaQuery.js"></script>
  <script src="bower_components/foundation-sites/js/foundation.util.timerAndImageLoader.js"></script>
  <script>
    var elem = new Foundation.Interchange(element);
  </script>
   <script src="js/app.js"></script>

Paolo Sax commented on Paolo Sax's post over 3 years

Hi Rafi,
I've tried 'bundle exec compass watch' command, but now it prompt:

DL is deprecated, please use Fiddle
Could not find chunky_png-1.3.3 in any of the sources {written in red}
Run 'Bundle install' to install missing gem {written in yellow}

Then I've run 'bundle install' and repeat the 'bundle exec compass watch' again but I still get the "You're using Sass 3.4 or higher to compile Foundation etc..."

As I told you, I don't know 'Ruby world' very well, and I'm tempted to re-initialize everything (meaning uninstall e re-install ruby and stuff, even if I can't figure how to do that right now), but maybe I've miss something

Sorry to bother you...

Paolo Sax commented on Paolo Sax's post over 3 years

Hello Rafi
after some works (I'm not so into ruby, gems, command and stuff) I've updated both SASS and Compass.
Then, I've created a new Foundation project and executing "compass watch", but now it prompt the following message:

``` You're using Sass 3.4 or higher to compile Foundation. This version causes CSS classes to output incorrectly, so we recommend using Sass. 3.3 or 3.2.
To use the right version of Sass on this project, run "bundle" and then use "bundle exec compass watch" to compile Foundation.
>>>Compass is watching for changes. Press Ctrl-C to Stop.
directory stylesheets
write stylesheets/app.css

Is that normal? I mean, the default index.html is style-compiled good and looks like the usual sleek Foundation index page...

p.s.: the "bunlde update" you suggested above resulted in the following message/problem:

"Could not find a valid gem 'sass' <>=0), here is why:
Unable to download data from https://rubygems.org/ - SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate B: certificate verify failed (https://rubygems.org/latest_specs.4.8.gz)"

Then I've found the solution here:

https://gist.github.com/luislavena/f064211759ee0f806c88

Paolo Sax commented on Harley Alexander's post over 3 years

...I've got problems with bower too (at least I suppose it is bower): no js folder in a new F5 installation

Paolo Sax commented on Paolo Sax's post about 4 years

Hi Rafi - thanks for your reply
I'd like if it's possible to customize tabs without having to edit the 'main' SCSS variables.

Say that I have two tabbed sections on the same page, and I need different styles for those, I'd like to have something like this:

.custom-tabs-a-class {
@include /name-of -the-tabs styles/;
}

.custom-tabs-b-class {
}

Is it possible or maybe my approach is not correct?

Ciao
Paolo
```CSS

Posts Followed

Replies
  • Hide HTML Grid Classes

By Andrew Cetnarskyj

foundation 6

Hi there, I've used foundation 5 in the past but my first time using foundation sites (6). I am using the semantic approach via SASS and I would like to hide the foundation grid in the outputted CSS, only showing the classes I need rendered. In F... (continued)

Last Reply by Paolo Sax about 2 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Paolo Sax's post over 1 year

Hello Rafi, hi and thanks for your quick reply!
You know what? Actually before posting this thread I tried this many time (that is appending the page name after the localhost:etc...) but it was not working.
And now it work!
Evidently I should have to check better and proceed more slowly or whatever...
Thank you mate and sorry to bother...
Ciao
Paolo

You commented on Paolo Sax's post over 1 year

...mmmh, it looks like that the problem was caused by a typo in a sass file I was workin on.A comma at the end of a css rule instead of a semicolon, like this:
.class {
bottom: 0,
}
Now it seems to work fine - but it is possible that the problem was caused by this? I mean, a typo like this already occurred to me in the past, but Foundation (gulp?) never stopped to work/watch...

You commented on Paolo Sax's post about 2 years

@Robbert Stapel

...soooo simple!
I always thought that, apart from the @import directives on top, you should use the @include of the components you need - grids etc. - in order to use the relative mixins... I was wrong :)

Thanks Robbert for your fast reply and support
Paolo

You commented on Andrew Cetnarskyj's post about 2 years

hello @Rafi Benkual
...but in any case it still load all the Foundation classes (.row, .small-1, .small-2 etc), is it right?

I mean, I used to proceed as your indication, including/excluding the @import directives that I require, but this do not prevent to compile all the relevant Foundation's CSS classes. Or am i missing something?

Long story short: is it possible to get the Foundation framework to behave according to a mixins-only approach?

Thanks
Paolo

You commented on Paolo Sax's post over 2 years

Hello Dayo, thanks for your reply.
Actually I've included the [default] because I've read this in some other forum (in order to find a solution and have interchange work); however, the missing "[" was beacuse I've unintentionally deleted it posting this thread in the forum, when I changed my original img path and included a shorter one, in order to make it more clear.

Anyway, also without the [default] part and double-checking all the brackets and stuff, still i can't get it work.

My doubt is about the whole js implementation in my files - I mean, I'm not sure if I've included all the js needed. This is what I got at the end of my page:

<script src="bower_components/jquery/dist/jquery.js"></script>
  <script src="bower_components/what-input/what-input.js"></script>
   <script src="bower_components/foundation-sites/dist/foundation.js"></script>
  <script src="bower_components/foundation-sites/js/foundation.interchange.js"></script>
  <script src="bower_components/foundation-sites/js/foundation.util.mediaQuery.js"></script>
  <script src="bower_components/foundation-sites/js/foundation.util.timerAndImageLoader.js"></script>
  <script>
    var elem = new Foundation.Interchange(element);
  </script>
   <script src="js/app.js"></script>

You commented on Paolo Sax's post over 3 years

Hi Rafi,
I've tried 'bundle exec compass watch' command, but now it prompt:

DL is deprecated, please use Fiddle
Could not find chunky_png-1.3.3 in any of the sources {written in red}
Run 'Bundle install' to install missing gem {written in yellow}

Then I've run 'bundle install' and repeat the 'bundle exec compass watch' again but I still get the "You're using Sass 3.4 or higher to compile Foundation etc..."

As I told you, I don't know 'Ruby world' very well, and I'm tempted to re-initialize everything (meaning uninstall e re-install ruby and stuff, even if I can't figure how to do that right now), but maybe I've miss something

Sorry to bother you...

You commented on Paolo Sax's post over 3 years

Hello Rafi
after some works (I'm not so into ruby, gems, command and stuff) I've updated both SASS and Compass.
Then, I've created a new Foundation project and executing "compass watch", but now it prompt the following message:

``` You're using Sass 3.4 or higher to compile Foundation. This version causes CSS classes to output incorrectly, so we recommend using Sass. 3.3 or 3.2.
To use the right version of Sass on this project, run "bundle" and then use "bundle exec compass watch" to compile Foundation.
>>>Compass is watching for changes. Press Ctrl-C to Stop.
directory stylesheets
write stylesheets/app.css

Is that normal? I mean, the default index.html is style-compiled good and looks like the usual sleek Foundation index page...

p.s.: the "bunlde update" you suggested above resulted in the following message/problem:

"Could not find a valid gem 'sass' <>=0), here is why:
Unable to download data from https://rubygems.org/ - SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate B: certificate verify failed (https://rubygems.org/latest_specs.4.8.gz)"

Then I've found the solution here:

https://gist.github.com/luislavena/f064211759ee0f806c88

You commented on Harley Alexander's post over 3 years

...I've got problems with bower too (at least I suppose it is bower): no js folder in a new F5 installation

You commented on Paolo Sax's post about 4 years

Hi Rafi - thanks for your reply
I'd like if it's possible to customize tabs without having to edit the 'main' SCSS variables.

Say that I have two tabbed sections on the same page, and I need different styles for those, I'd like to have something like this:

.custom-tabs-a-class {
}

.custom-tabs-b-class {
}

Is it possible or maybe my approach is not correct?

Ciao
Paolo
```CSS

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content