Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Brent commented on Stephen James's post about 2 years

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?
The only thing I can think of is that it appears that React adds ="true" to data-sticky. From what I've read, it sounds like an attribute is not valid without a value in JSX. I don't know if this might be messing things up for Foundation.

Brent commented on Porter Bayne's post about 2 years

I've had the same question on this...Isn't there a need for different assets to be loaded and not just different sizes & pixel densities, but the intersection of the two...i.e.

Small
Medium
Large
Small Retina
Medium Retina
Large Retina

I would think an iPhone 5s, an iPad, a MacBook Pro, and a 4k or 5k monitor, though all retina or better, would each need different graphics. What is loaded for a 5k monitor would greatly be overkill for an iPhone 5s, but what's loaded for a 5s would likely be blurry on a 5k monitor. Either way, all that's built in for us to work with for these is the retina query.
Also, I don't see it mentioned anywhere, but does retina always take precedence over size? i.e. The iPhone 5s has a screen size of 640x1146, which I believe would make if fall into the size query of small or medium, however, it has a pixel density of 326ppi, which makes it retina. So if a display is retina, is that the media query that applies to it, regardless of it's size?

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Stephen James's post about 2 years

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?
The only thing I can think of is that it appears that React adds ="true" to data-sticky. From what I've read, it sounds like an attribute is not valid without a value in JSX. I don't know if this might be messing things up for Foundation.

You commented on Porter Bayne's post about 2 years

I've had the same question on this...Isn't there a need for different assets to be loaded and not just different sizes & pixel densities, but the intersection of the two...i.e.

Small
Medium
Large
Small Retina
Medium Retina
Large Retina

I would think an iPhone 5s, an iPad, a MacBook Pro, and a 4k or 5k monitor, though all retina or better, would each need different graphics. What is loaded for a 5k monitor would greatly be overkill for an iPhone 5s, but what's loaded for a 5s would likely be blurry on a 5k monitor. Either way, all that's built in for us to work with for these is the retina query.
Also, I don't see it mentioned anywhere, but does retina always take precedence over size? i.e. The iPhone 5s has a screen size of 640x1146, which I believe would make if fall into the size query of small or medium, however, it has a pixel density of 326ppi, which makes it retina. So if a display is retina, is that the media query that applies to it, regardless of it's size?

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content