Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Russel Pryor commented on Russel Pryor's post about 5 years

Added my own calculation to reposition the fade version of the Reveal, it repositions relative to screen size (height and width) as well:

if (/fade/i.test(settings.animation)) {
  var end_css = {opacity: 1};
  css.top = ($(window).scrollTop() + el.data('css-top') * .125 + ($(window).width() * .075)) + 'px';

... everything else ...

Russel Pryor commented on Thomas E. Vasquez's post about 5 years

Fade does not work, however. If you trigger an event lower on the page, using the fade animation just pulls in the Reveal modal at the top. At first impression it would just seem like the page went gray.

Russel Pryor commented on Philip Meissner's post about 5 years

This actually is turning out to be a bigger issue for my build than I originally thought. The old fixed class that was attached to the actively sticky Magellan allowed custom styling of that particular version. Now, the clone is what remains sitting at the top as the user scrolls. So the active magellan is also the inactive magellan.

But the clone only appears when things go active, which makes it difficult to setup your own sticky-relevant styles.

Before you could just append different styles to the fixed class and have two differently styled states of the Magellan area.

Russel Pryor commented on Jordan Gonzales's post about 5 years

The most recent release of Magellan has new JS for a "throttle delay":

throttle_delay: 20 calculation throttling to increase framerate

Setting that delay to 0 caused my Magellan nav not to delay appearing as you scroll. With that 20 in there it was essentially delaying the appearance of the sticky giving it an appearance like it disappeared and then reappeared.

Not sure if this is referencing the same issue or not.

Russel Pryor commented on Philip Meissner's post about 5 years

Agreed. In version 5.1.1 the transition of Magellan sticking seems very jumpy compared to 5.0. I can scroll half way down the page quickly before it finally sticks.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Russel Pryor's post about 5 years

Added my own calculation to reposition the fade version of the Reveal, it repositions relative to screen size (height and width) as well:

if (/fade/i.test(settings.animation)) {
  var end_css = {opacity: 1};
  css.top = ($(window).scrollTop() + el.data('css-top') * .125 + ($(window).width() * .075)) + 'px';

... everything else ...

You commented on Thomas E. Vasquez's post about 5 years

Fade does not work, however. If you trigger an event lower on the page, using the fade animation just pulls in the Reveal modal at the top. At first impression it would just seem like the page went gray.

You commented on Philip Meissner's post about 5 years

This actually is turning out to be a bigger issue for my build than I originally thought. The old fixed class that was attached to the actively sticky Magellan allowed custom styling of that particular version. Now, the clone is what remains sitting at the top as the user scrolls. So the active magellan is also the inactive magellan.

But the clone only appears when things go active, which makes it difficult to setup your own sticky-relevant styles.

Before you could just append different styles to the fixed class and have two differently styled states of the Magellan area.

You commented on Jordan Gonzales's post about 5 years

The most recent release of Magellan has new JS for a "throttle delay":

throttle_delay: 20 calculation throttling to increase framerate

Setting that delay to 0 caused my Magellan nav not to delay appearing as you scroll. With that 20 in there it was essentially delaying the appearance of the sticky giving it an appearance like it disappeared and then reappeared.

Not sure if this is referencing the same issue or not.

You commented on Philip Meissner's post about 5 years

Agreed. In version 5.1.1 the transition of Magellan sticking seems very jumpy compared to 5.0. I can scroll half way down the page quickly before it finally sticks.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content