Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Alex Skalx commented on Alex Skalx's post over 2 years

Thanks a lot for your help and all your tips Ryan !
See ya !

Sorry, I didn't explain that well. I'm using FileZilla to access to my files and there's an option where you can edit your file online (using Sublime Text personally), you save it and it is automatically being replaced by the new file ! This way, I don't have to upload manually every time I make a change... 
So the problem is that, with my SASS file online, the compiled CSS file can't be automatically generated nor updated. Since I have to compile it on my own computer and not online.
I trust you, I'll always update both if I ever work with all this !

Hey Ryan !

Thanks you for these informations, I didn’t check Zurb docs about it.. But I will. I’ve been diving into others tutorials and indeed, it’s not that complicated ! It really help that I’ve got a Mac and ruby is already installed on my computer.

The only thing I found disturbing is that I can’t work online with sass. I don’t usually work on local, I put my website online and then I design it, using FileZilla to edit the files online. But it just a start so I think I’ll find a way soon !

Thanks again !

Hey Ryan,

Thanks a lot for your answer. Since I didn't find any answer about Foundation, I tried to look for a solution with Bootstrap and indeed, there's lot of tutorial about using wp_enqueue_style in the function.php files. And it works perfectly ! Next step, try it with Foundation but I'm pretty sure it'll work all fine... But as you said, using a specific folder with everything in it should avoid a real mess !
You're right, I wanted to use Foundation into an existant WP theme. So FoundationPress and JointsWP weren't a solution, but I didn't even thought of looking of they build it. I'm going to have a look at it !I have to listen to you and try this SASS thing and CLI stuff... I think it's been a while now, there should be tutorials for real noobs like me. I'll check this CodeKit, never heard of it ! Maybe it'll make it less terrifying ? ;)

Thanks a lot !

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Alex Skalx's post over 2 years

Thanks a lot for your help and all your tips Ryan !
See ya !

Sorry, I didn't explain that well. I'm using FileZilla to access to my files and there's an option where you can edit your file online (using Sublime Text personally), you save it and it is automatically being replaced by the new file ! This way, I don't have to upload manually every time I make a change... 
So the problem is that, with my SASS file online, the compiled CSS file can't be automatically generated nor updated. Since I have to compile it on my own computer and not online.
I trust you, I'll always update both if I ever work with all this !

Hey Ryan !

Thanks you for these informations, I didn’t check Zurb docs about it.. But I will. I’ve been diving into others tutorials and indeed, it’s not that complicated ! It really help that I’ve got a Mac and ruby is already installed on my computer.

The only thing I found disturbing is that I can’t work online with sass. I don’t usually work on local, I put my website online and then I design it, using FileZilla to edit the files online. But it just a start so I think I’ll find a way soon !

Thanks again !

Hey Ryan,

Thanks a lot for your answer. Since I didn't find any answer about Foundation, I tried to look for a solution with Bootstrap and indeed, there's lot of tutorial about using wp_enqueue_style in the function.php files. And it works perfectly ! Next step, try it with Foundation but I'm pretty sure it'll work all fine... But as you said, using a specific folder with everything in it should avoid a real mess !
You're right, I wanted to use Foundation into an existant WP theme. So FoundationPress and JointsWP weren't a solution, but I didn't even thought of looking of they build it. I'm going to have a look at it !I have to listen to you and try this SASS thing and CLI stuff... I think it's been a while now, there should be tutorials for real noobs like me. I'll check this CodeKit, never heard of it ! Maybe it'll make it less terrifying ? ;)

Thanks a lot !

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers