Menu icon Foundation

Designer

My Posts

Replies
  • Is Foundation 6 production ready

By anyway

F6

Hi there, the new concept of Foundation 6 seems to be awesome! Thanks for sharing it! I need to start a project for a very important client of mine this week. There are 217 issues displayed on Github. Would you say that Foundation 6 is really (relia... (continued)

Last Reply by anyway about 4 years ago

My Comments

anyway commented on anyway's post over 1 year

@John Vedral
Sorry, but I lost track of this thread because the Zurb notification mails suddenly ended up in the spam folder of my Gmail.
In the end, I achieved the best results with this:
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/javascript
</IfModule>
That's a very good thing, but I would have liked to remove also all spaces and line breaks from the HTML code with the minification, in order to get the source code itself smaller.

anyway commented on Tom Belknap's post over 2 years

That's probably "Emmet":emmet.io

anyway commented on anyway's post over 2 years

Well, it's already clear that it's because of the hosting that this doesn't work. Isn't there any chance to simply compress the HTML files with Gulp? Does anyone have an idea or experience with this? With CSS and JS files this seems to work very fine, in the ZURB Template. Or am I missing something and this is totally pointless?

Thanks for the further hints, John. I have now contacted my hosting provider and I was informed that gzip encoding is not supported there. So that would be clarified. Very sad, because otherwise this is a really good provider. They indicate DEFLATE, but this is probably not the same thing.

Yes, it is a Linux/Apache environment. All files are in the right place and all files have permission 640 (rw-r-----). I also tried 644, which didn't work either. The owner group is "nobody".

@John VedralHi... I have finally found the time to familiarize myself with the topic. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. However, the frontend will give me a 404 when I insert your code into the. htaccess. I have removed my own code from for testing - the error occurs anyway. What could be the reason for this?The compressed files are all in place and have this file format: index.html.gzThanks again for your help!

Thanks John, this seams to be a very interesting approach. Maybe a little high for me and my current skills – I'd hoped there is a gulp process for the task – but I will try it out when I have a little more time to experiment.
Many thanks for your effort!

Thanks Arlan. I have actually seen all videos in the Zurb Channel, which have to do with templates, or similar subjects. However, I can not remember, that in any of them HTML minification is topic. Could you please link the corresponding video?

Okay, in the meanwhile I understand that HTML minification isn't a feature of the ZURB Template. Could please anybody post a little tutorial, how this can be implemented with Gulp? Or a couple of hints? I can't get this to work.

anyway commented on E. Smythe's post over 3 years

Same here... the dropdown-pane opens to the full with, if the content is longer than the screen height. Fiddling around for 2 hours now, no chance to control that.
Edit: This seems to be solved with 6.2.1. Works fine now... thanks!

Posts Followed

Replies
  • What IDE do Zurb developers use?

By Tom Belknap

ide

I've been watching a lot of the video tutorials. In many videos, I see you guys type out a CSS declaration, "off-canvas.position-left" and it magically transforms into a full HTML element with the classes assigned. What are you guys using that does that? ... (continued)

Last Reply by Jessica Ely almost 2 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on anyway's post over 1 year

@John Vedral
Sorry, but I lost track of this thread because the Zurb notification mails suddenly ended up in the spam folder of my Gmail.
In the end, I achieved the best results with this:
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/javascript
</IfModule>
That's a very good thing, but I would have liked to remove also all spaces and line breaks from the HTML code with the minification, in order to get the source code itself smaller.

You commented on Tom Belknap's post over 2 years

That's probably "Emmet":emmet.io

You commented on anyway's post over 2 years

Well, it's already clear that it's because of the hosting that this doesn't work. Isn't there any chance to simply compress the HTML files with Gulp? Does anyone have an idea or experience with this? With CSS and JS files this seems to work very fine, in the ZURB Template. Or am I missing something and this is totally pointless?

Thanks for the further hints, John. I have now contacted my hosting provider and I was informed that gzip encoding is not supported there. So that would be clarified. Very sad, because otherwise this is a really good provider. They indicate DEFLATE, but this is probably not the same thing.

Yes, it is a Linux/Apache environment. All files are in the right place and all files have permission 640 (rw-r-----). I also tried 644, which didn't work either. The owner group is "nobody".

@John VedralHi... I have finally found the time to familiarize myself with the topic. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. However, the frontend will give me a 404 when I insert your code into the. htaccess. I have removed my own code from for testing - the error occurs anyway. What could be the reason for this?The compressed files are all in place and have this file format: index.html.gzThanks again for your help!

Thanks John, this seams to be a very interesting approach. Maybe a little high for me and my current skills – I'd hoped there is a gulp process for the task – but I will try it out when I have a little more time to experiment.
Many thanks for your effort!

Thanks Arlan. I have actually seen all videos in the Zurb Channel, which have to do with templates, or similar subjects. However, I can not remember, that in any of them HTML minification is topic. Could you please link the corresponding video?

Okay, in the meanwhile I understand that HTML minification isn't a feature of the ZURB Template. Could please anybody post a little tutorial, how this can be implemented with Gulp? Or a couple of hints? I can't get this to work.

You commented on E. Smythe's post over 3 years

Same here... the dropdown-pane opens to the full with, if the content is longer than the screen height. Fiddling around for 2 hours now, no chance to control that.
Edit: This seems to be solved with 6.2.1. Works fine now... thanks!

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content