Menu icon Foundation

Designer | Scottsdale, AZ

My Posts

My Comments

Michael Barthel commented on Michael Barthel's post over 1 year

Does anyone have helpful ideas?  Why am I getting responses like "Hello guys..." and "nice"?

Michael Barthel commented on Michael Barthel's post over 2 years

Dang!  That wasn't it.  The CMS that this site is built on has a very early version of Foundation 6.  I do not think they plan to update to 6.3 or 6.4 any time soon.  I am already using the flex-video class on both sites. Both videos do maintain the proper aspect ratio, but the player controls go outside of the video on the second site.  I am using the data-equalizer component for the row in order to center the video. (I fixed the first link, btw).  The first site just lets it rest at the top of the vertical space.  Neither solution is ideal.

Looks like that might just be the answer.  Thanks, Rafi!

The page in question is now live.  You can see what I mean about the black behind the video.
http://www.westernwashingtonhondadealers.com/one-tank-trips
It works, but it would look much cleaner without the black (in page widths between 1024 and 1320).

Thanks again!

Rafi, thanks for helping me with that data-equalizer issue.  I was banging my head against the wall.  Now I completely understand. I keep learning every day.
Any idea how to get rid of the black filler space behind the video in my screenshot?  If I put it in another container to constrain it, it will either need dimensions or percentages.  Given that the size of the column changes so much, I can't really use a px dimension, and percentages won't be much better.  Sometimes the space is wider than the video and sometimes it is taller, resulting in that black background.

Thank you both for you feedback.  I am glad that I didn't miss some "OFFICIAL RULE" somewhere along the way.  I know many people who start using foundation already have some background in other responsive frameworks, like Bootstrap, and therefor already have a feel for how this should work.  I thought I knew how to use them, but just wanted to verify that I wasn't missing something.
Cheers!

Rafi, Thanks for your help.  I had hoped for someone to respond, but wasn't expecting the Grand Poobah himself. I am honored.  I am actually a bit embarrassed by the sloppiness of my code.  I am confident that after I get through the advanced class, I will find more efficient ways to get the same results.
Your solution has given me back my button!  It took me a few minutes to realize that the mouseover color transitions are actually in the primary or secondary classes, not the button class. I have it working fine now.  
Thank you so much for your help on this issues, but especially on your all your work on Foundation development and promotion.  It IS a great CSS framework.  Keep up with the improvements!

-Mike

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Michael Barthel's post over 1 year

Does anyone have helpful ideas?  Why am I getting responses like "Hello guys..." and "nice"?

You commented on Michael Barthel's post over 2 years

Dang!  That wasn't it.  The CMS that this site is built on has a very early version of Foundation 6.  I do not think they plan to update to 6.3 or 6.4 any time soon.  I am already using the flex-video class on both sites. Both videos do maintain the proper aspect ratio, but the player controls go outside of the video on the second site.  I am using the data-equalizer component for the row in order to center the video. (I fixed the first link, btw).  The first site just lets it rest at the top of the vertical space.  Neither solution is ideal.

Looks like that might just be the answer.  Thanks, Rafi!

The page in question is now live.  You can see what I mean about the black behind the video.
http://www.westernwashingtonhondadealers.com/one-tank-trips
It works, but it would look much cleaner without the black (in page widths between 1024 and 1320).

Thanks again!

Rafi, thanks for helping me with that data-equalizer issue.  I was banging my head against the wall.  Now I completely understand. I keep learning every day.
Any idea how to get rid of the black filler space behind the video in my screenshot?  If I put it in another container to constrain it, it will either need dimensions or percentages.  Given that the size of the column changes so much, I can't really use a px dimension, and percentages won't be much better.  Sometimes the space is wider than the video and sometimes it is taller, resulting in that black background.

Thank you both for you feedback.  I am glad that I didn't miss some "OFFICIAL RULE" somewhere along the way.  I know many people who start using foundation already have some background in other responsive frameworks, like Bootstrap, and therefor already have a feel for how this should work.  I thought I knew how to use them, but just wanted to verify that I wasn't missing something.
Cheers!

Rafi, Thanks for your help.  I had hoped for someone to respond, but wasn't expecting the Grand Poobah himself. I am honored.  I am actually a bit embarrassed by the sloppiness of my code.  I am confident that after I get through the advanced class, I will find more efficient ways to get the same results.
Your solution has given me back my button!  It took me a few minutes to realize that the mouseover color transitions are actually in the primary or secondary classes, not the button class. I have it working fine now.  
Thank you so much for your help on this issues, but especially on your all your work on Foundation development and promotion.  It IS a great CSS framework.  Keep up with the improvements!

-Mike

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content