Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

• NEW
  • Is Foundation still in development?

By Bryan Garrant

Foundation

I have not seen any blog entries or Slack chat at all regarding Foundation.  Is it still in development? Are you still offering any training classes? Please advise on the current state of this wonderful CSS Framework as I am about to start building a... (continued)

My Comments

Bryan Garrant commented on Bryan Garrant's post over 2 years

My footer links look like this.  Is this correct?
<script src="/src/bower_components/jquery/dist/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script src="/src/bower_components/what-input/dist/what-input.min.js"></script>
<script src="/src/bower_components/foundation-sites/dist/js/foundation.min.js"></script>
<script>
  $(document).foundation();
</script>

So I may have it working using the cli.  I moved my custom.scss file into the scss folder that foundation created which had a app.scss and _settings.scss file in it already.  I updated the app.scss and _settings.scss files as needed and all is working.  The app.scss is compiling all scss files and my custom.scss to the single app.css file. 
When i run npm update will it overwrite my custom files in the scss folder?  I had them in another folder outside but they would not compile with nom start watch function.
Also I ran npm build and it did not do anything I can see.  Do I even need to run it when I am using npm start?  

So I see I can import my _settings.scss and _custom.scss in the app.scss file. Looks like a may have to install Foundation in the public_html folder so it compiles to dist folder. If I run "npm update" when a new version comes out will it overwrite my app.scss file? 
Is this how I should set it up?

I would also just need the basic template correct since we server templates through our CMS?

This method is easy but it seems for new sites mostly. How can I adjust it and integrate in my own custom.scss styles file and use npm watch? Just confused how to install into an already existing site and use  
http://foundation.zurb.com/learn/install-foundation-6-sass-on-windows.html

Git and Node

I installed with NPM only normally. Used this method https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKywQK4NPdc.  Any way to just add to an existing site instead of creating a new project?

Should I just install into the public_html folder and then when asked for a project name call in "foundation" or something like that?

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Bryan Garrant's post over 2 years

My footer links look like this.  Is this correct?
<script src="/src/bower_components/jquery/dist/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script src="/src/bower_components/what-input/dist/what-input.min.js"></script>
<script src="/src/bower_components/foundation-sites/dist/js/foundation.min.js"></script>
<script>
  $(document).foundation();
</script>

So I may have it working using the cli.  I moved my custom.scss file into the scss folder that foundation created which had a app.scss and _settings.scss file in it already.  I updated the app.scss and _settings.scss files as needed and all is working.  The app.scss is compiling all scss files and my custom.scss to the single app.css file. 
When i run npm update will it overwrite my custom files in the scss folder?  I had them in another folder outside but they would not compile with nom start watch function.
Also I ran npm build and it did not do anything I can see.  Do I even need to run it when I am using npm start?  

So I see I can import my _settings.scss and _custom.scss in the app.scss file. Looks like a may have to install Foundation in the public_html folder so it compiles to dist folder. If I run "npm update" when a new version comes out will it overwrite my app.scss file? 
Is this how I should set it up?

I would also just need the basic template correct since we server templates through our CMS?

This method is easy but it seems for new sites mostly. How can I adjust it and integrate in my own custom.scss styles file and use npm watch? Just confused how to install into an already existing site and use  
http://foundation.zurb.com/learn/install-foundation-6-sass-on-windows.html

Git and Node

I installed with NPM only normally. Used this method https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKywQK4NPdc.  Any way to just add to an existing site instead of creating a new project?

Should I just install into the public_html folder and then when asked for a project name call in "foundation" or something like that?

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content