Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Chicago, IL

I am a co-founder, developer, support tech, hosting provider, and everything not design related at a small, two man agency in the Chicago area, Underground Web Lab. If I'm not learning new web technologies or banging my head against my computer screen, I'm probably acting like I can play jazz guitar or running around in the mud with my dog.

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Paul Kirby commented on Joshua Smith's post over 2 years

Same issue as Fabian, trying to figure this out using the flex-grid. I realize that push-pull was initially set up for source ordering, which Flexbox handles natively. But was curious if there is a good way to make this work while maintaining the flex grid. 

Paul Kirby commented on bill's post over 2 years

Hey Guys, 
Landed on this post trying to do a similar thing. The solution I found after messing around with gulp-rev and trying to get that functioning was to simply use gulp-rev-all. It bundles the entire process together, and is very easy to use. 
Install gulp-rev-all, add 
// Replace base file names with gulp-rev appended files for cache busting, only on production
function revAll() {
return gulp.src(PATHS.dist + '/**')
.pipe($.if(PRODUCTION, rev.revision({
dontRenameFile: [/\/favicon.ico$/g, '.html'],
dontUpdateReference: ['.html'],
})))
.pipe(gulp.dest(PATHS.dist));
}
 to your gulp file, and change the build task to 
// Build the "dist" folder by running all of the below tasks
gulp.task('build',
gulp.series(clean, gulp.parallel(pages, sass, javascript, images, copy), styleGuide, revAll));

Only cache-busting in production since there is no need to add a step in watch. 
Worked like a charm for me, Cheers! 

Posts Followed

Replies
  • Overlap Foundation Divs

By Joshua Smith

positionoverlap

What is the Foundation way to overlap divs that have widths already set? I am trying not to use absolute positioning if I can avoid it. I would like one prominent center image with the other two smaller and behind the centered image. I thought ther... (continued)

Last Reply by Paul Kirby over 2 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Joshua Smith's post over 2 years

Same issue as Fabian, trying to figure this out using the flex-grid. I realize that push-pull was initially set up for source ordering, which Flexbox handles natively. But was curious if there is a good way to make this work while maintaining the flex grid. 

You commented on bill's post over 2 years

Hey Guys, 
Landed on this post trying to do a similar thing. The solution I found after messing around with gulp-rev and trying to get that functioning was to simply use gulp-rev-all. It bundles the entire process together, and is very easy to use. 
Install gulp-rev-all, add 
// Replace base file names with gulp-rev appended files for cache busting, only on production
function revAll() {
return gulp.src(PATHS.dist + '/**')
.pipe($.if(PRODUCTION, rev.revision({
dontRenameFile: [/\/favicon.ico$/g, '.html'],
dontUpdateReference: ['.html'],
})))
.pipe(gulp.dest(PATHS.dist));
}
 to your gulp file, and change the build task to 
// Build the "dist" folder by running all of the below tasks
gulp.task('build',
gulp.series(clean, gulp.parallel(pages, sass, javascript, images, copy), styleGuide, revAll));

Only cache-busting in production since there is no need to add a step in watch. 
Worked like a charm for me, Cheers! 

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content