Menu icon Foundation

Developer

My Posts

Replies
  • Floating Images in Ink

By Gary Blanchard

ink

Hi there, I am well aware of the issues that come with trying to create a responsive email, knowing that Outlook will not like anything new that you try to add. My question is, does anyone know of a way to float images in the new responsive desig... (continued)

Last Reply by Taylor Shaw about 1 year ago

• Joy ride not working

By Gary Blanchard

joyride

I am trying to get joyride working on my jump page for school. I have added the JavaScript after foundation at the bottom of the other scripts, I have jquery and foundation already in there. I changed the script for $(document).foundation(); so ... (continued)

Last Reply by Ryan Hellerud over 4 years ago

My Comments

Gary Blanchard commented on Dave Coleman's post almost 4 years

Dave, that works perfectly! Thank you

Gary Blanchard commented on Dave Coleman's post almost 4 years

I think it would be good to inform everyone that until Google decides to start making everything responsive, no email client associated with Gmail will be responsive. I am not sure why Google would update their search engine algorithm to require everyone to build responsive designs except for them.

Is there any online documentation from Google that is updated regularly, that would inform us of a big change like this? I would like to know because both of my bosses have Android phones with the Gmail app they had to download and neither of their phones have anything responsive as a result. Very frustrating.

Gary Blanchard commented on Gary Blanchard's post over 4 years

FYI for anyone else who may encounter this problem, I have found the solution. I had elements inside of a fixed div that were fixed also. This worked on every other device I tried and only became a problem on the newest Android Default Browser. Elements inside of a parent container that is fixed must be relative or absolute positioned to that container.

Gary Blanchard commented on Steve Clements's post over 4 years

I have used 24 columns before which is double the normal amount of columns and the increments between them are more than enough. 100 columns is way less than 1% for each column. I don't think you could even fit a single font in that size.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Dave Coleman's post almost 4 years

Dave, that works perfectly! Thank you

You commented on Dave Coleman's post almost 4 years

I think it would be good to inform everyone that until Google decides to start making everything responsive, no email client associated with Gmail will be responsive. I am not sure why Google would update their search engine algorithm to require everyone to build responsive designs except for them.

Is there any online documentation from Google that is updated regularly, that would inform us of a big change like this? I would like to know because both of my bosses have Android phones with the Gmail app they had to download and neither of their phones have anything responsive as a result. Very frustrating.

You commented on Gary Blanchard's post over 4 years

FYI for anyone else who may encounter this problem, I have found the solution. I had elements inside of a fixed div that were fixed also. This worked on every other device I tried and only became a problem on the newest Android Default Browser. Elements inside of a parent container that is fixed must be relative or absolute positioned to that container.

You commented on Steve Clements's post over 4 years

I have used 24 columns before which is double the normal amount of columns and the increments between them are more than enough. 100 columns is way less than 1% for each column. I don't think you could even fit a single font in that size.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content