Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Erick Salazar commented on Erick Salazar's post about 2 years

I'm also getting these JS errors on the browser's console:
Security wrapper denied access to property (void 0) on privileged Javascript object. Support for exposing privileged objects to untrusted content via exposedProps is being gradually removed - use WebIDL bindings or Components.utils.cloneInto instead. Note that only the first denied property access from a given global object will be reported.  (unknown)
Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated.  Use defaultPrevented instead.

Erick Salazar commented on Oliver's post over 2 years

I'm having the same Panini error, and I have the new file created under the src/layouts.
My goal is to use a layout file with a PHP extension to run PHP code when the xxx.php file is loaded into the browser.

I have the following code into the very top of the xxx.php file that I would like to load on the browser.
---
layout: php-layout.php
----

However, I see this code on page load:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>

<head>
<title>Panini error</title>
</head>

<body>
<pre>Error: Panini error: no layout named "php-layout" exists.</pre>
</body>

</html>

Erick Salazar commented on Erick Salazar's post over 2 years

Hello Stephen,
I apologize for not getting back to your suggestion until now. I'm going to see if there is any class(es) that may be causing the issue in top-level DIVs.
A good note is that the issue I had with Front Matter/Panini on a separate post was resolved with the upgrade to 6.3.1, and I thought this issue to was related to the previous version, but no.

I'd like to say that upgrading to version 6.3.1 resolved the Panini issues! Great to see that it now works and can now leverage its value.
Thank you for the upgrade.

Hey Stephen,
I'm going to put on my newbie cap and ask, how can I send the code snippet. Would you need the class, the html code that corresponds with the CSS class, and the path to the image? The image file is a .png and it's on the server. Help me a bit Ok.
What I'm wondering is, would it work if I declare the area where I need the image as <hero> specifically for it to work? I would think not, since one should be able to call a background image in CSS anywhere on a page.
Thanks for the response.
Erick

I tried once more to add a layout based on last week's tutorial, and the output on the browser still shows the following:
--- layout: nav-no-logo ---
This is the output from foundation watch:
[BS] Reloading Browsers...
[15:20:27] Starting 'pages'...
Panini: rendering error ocurred.
Error: Panini error: no layout named "nav-no-logo" exists.
at Panini.render (/home/sizzlin/t-autov2/node_modules/panini/lib/render.js:36:15)
at DestroyableTransform.Transform._read (/home/sizzlin/t-autov2/node_modules/panini/node_modules/through2/node_modules/readable-stream/lib/_stream_transform.js:159:10)
at DestroyableTransform.Transform._write (/home/sizzlin/t-autov2/node_modules/panini/node_modules/through2/node_modules/readable-stream/lib/_stream_transform.js:147:83)
at doWrite (/home/sizzlin/t-autov2/node_modules/panini/node_modules/through2/node_modules/readable-stream/lib/_stream_writable.js:347:64)
at writeOrBuffer (/home/sizzlin/t-autov2/node_modules/panini/node_modules/through2/node_modules/readable-stream/lib/_stream_writable.js:336:5)
at DestroyableTransform.Writable.write (/home/sizzlin/t-autov2/node_modules/panini/node_modules/through2/node_modules/readable-stream/lib/_stream_writable.js:274:11)
at DestroyableTransform.ondata (/home/sizzlin/t-autov2/node_modules/gulp/node_modules/vinyl-fs/node_modules/readable-stream/lib/_stream_readable.js:546:20)
at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
at DestroyableTransform.emit (events.js:188:7)
at readableAddChunk (/home/sizzlin/t-autov2/node_modules/gulp/node_modules/vinyl-fs/node_modules/readable-stream/lib/_stream_readable.js:217:18)
[15:20:27] Finished 'pages' after 58 ms
[15:20:27] Starting '<anonymous>'...

Any likelihood that Panini may not have installed correctly? Is there anything I can do on my end?
Thanks in advance.

Hello,
Thanks for the response! I've been looking forward to this week's tutorial after watching last week's. They are quite helpful and I'm really excited about leveraging Panini.
The example you've provided does help clarify on the first part of the question regarding populating the <title>. The other part was regarding the use of the <meta type=description> element from each page. That one seems a bit more challenging. Could you explain this one, and I'm also going to watch this week's tutorial.

I've resolved the issue. What I initially did was copy the input field data from a web page and pasted into my document. I then tested the hidden attribute by manually typing the input field while leaving the initial copied-and-pasted input element, and wallah...the manually enterred hidden element did not appear, but the initial one displayed as before. I then deleted the initial element from my code, and the hidden field works as expected.
Lesson learned here is to do as less copy-and-paste from web pages, and manually type in as much code as possible to avoid unwanted characters or behaviors during the development process.

Erick Salazar commented on Paul Wierda's post over 2 years

Hi Wing-Hou,
I'm going to try the form and wanted to know if I can place the php file containing the form elements in the src/assets/pages directory, and will it be automatically parsed into the Dist folder? Also, can I place the submitform.php file that contains the actual php processing code in the same directory? Or do I manually upload the php file containing the code into the root of my webserver (/public_html)?
Do I need to make any entries to the gulpfile.babel.js and/or the config.yml file for the stack to recognize the *.php extension and pushes any changes/updates to both the contact form content and the code php files up to the Dist directory?

Thanks in advance.

Posts Followed

Replies
  • Submitting a form

By Paul Wierda

formsubmitbutton

I want to make a simple form that submits some information to an e-mail address. I've made the form, but now I'm running into the problem of submitting it. Since I have never made a form before I'm not sure what to do. Do I submit it by using php or javas... (continued)

Last Reply by ritariya about 1 year ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Erick Salazar's post about 2 years

I'm also getting these JS errors on the browser's console:
Security wrapper denied access to property (void 0) on privileged Javascript object. Support for exposing privileged objects to untrusted content via exposedProps is being gradually removed - use WebIDL bindings or Components.utils.cloneInto instead. Note that only the first denied property access from a given global object will be reported.  (unknown)
Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated.  Use defaultPrevented instead.

You commented on Oliver's post over 2 years

I'm having the same Panini error, and I have the new file created under the src/layouts.
My goal is to use a layout file with a PHP extension to run PHP code when the xxx.php file is loaded into the browser.

I have the following code into the very top of the xxx.php file that I would like to load on the browser.
---
layout: php-layout.php
----

However, I see this code on page load:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>

<head>
<title>Panini error</title>
</head>

<body>
<pre>Error: Panini error: no layout named "php-layout" exists.</pre>
</body>

</html>

You commented on Erick Salazar's post over 2 years

Hello Stephen,
I apologize for not getting back to your suggestion until now. I'm going to see if there is any class(es) that may be causing the issue in top-level DIVs.
A good note is that the issue I had with Front Matter/Panini on a separate post was resolved with the upgrade to 6.3.1, and I thought this issue to was related to the previous version, but no.

I'd like to say that upgrading to version 6.3.1 resolved the Panini issues! Great to see that it now works and can now leverage its value.
Thank you for the upgrade.

Hey Stephen,
I'm going to put on my newbie cap and ask, how can I send the code snippet. Would you need the class, the html code that corresponds with the CSS class, and the path to the image? The image file is a .png and it's on the server. Help me a bit Ok.
What I'm wondering is, would it work if I declare the area where I need the image as <hero> specifically for it to work? I would think not, since one should be able to call a background image in CSS anywhere on a page.
Thanks for the response.
Erick

I tried once more to add a layout based on last week's tutorial, and the output on the browser still shows the following:
--- layout: nav-no-logo ---
This is the output from foundation watch:
[BS] Reloading Browsers...
[15:20:27] Starting 'pages'...
Panini: rendering error ocurred.
Error: Panini error: no layout named "nav-no-logo" exists.
at Panini.render (/home/sizzlin/t-autov2/node_modules/panini/lib/render.js:36:15)
at DestroyableTransform.Transform._read (/home/sizzlin/t-autov2/node_modules/panini/node_modules/through2/node_modules/readable-stream/lib/_stream_transform.js:159:10)
at DestroyableTransform.Transform._write (/home/sizzlin/t-autov2/node_modules/panini/node_modules/through2/node_modules/readable-stream/lib/_stream_transform.js:147:83)
at doWrite (/home/sizzlin/t-autov2/node_modules/panini/node_modules/through2/node_modules/readable-stream/lib/_stream_writable.js:347:64)
at writeOrBuffer (/home/sizzlin/t-autov2/node_modules/panini/node_modules/through2/node_modules/readable-stream/lib/_stream_writable.js:336:5)
at DestroyableTransform.Writable.write (/home/sizzlin/t-autov2/node_modules/panini/node_modules/through2/node_modules/readable-stream/lib/_stream_writable.js:274:11)
at DestroyableTransform.ondata (/home/sizzlin/t-autov2/node_modules/gulp/node_modules/vinyl-fs/node_modules/readable-stream/lib/_stream_readable.js:546:20)
at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
at DestroyableTransform.emit (events.js:188:7)
at readableAddChunk (/home/sizzlin/t-autov2/node_modules/gulp/node_modules/vinyl-fs/node_modules/readable-stream/lib/_stream_readable.js:217:18)
[15:20:27] Finished 'pages' after 58 ms
[15:20:27] Starting '<anonymous>'...

Any likelihood that Panini may not have installed correctly? Is there anything I can do on my end?
Thanks in advance.

Hello,
Thanks for the response! I've been looking forward to this week's tutorial after watching last week's. They are quite helpful and I'm really excited about leveraging Panini.
The example you've provided does help clarify on the first part of the question regarding populating the <title>. The other part was regarding the use of the <meta type=description> element from each page. That one seems a bit more challenging. Could you explain this one, and I'm also going to watch this week's tutorial.

I've resolved the issue. What I initially did was copy the input field data from a web page and pasted into my document. I then tested the hidden attribute by manually typing the input field while leaving the initial copied-and-pasted input element, and wallah...the manually enterred hidden element did not appear, but the initial one displayed as before. I then deleted the initial element from my code, and the hidden field works as expected.
Lesson learned here is to do as less copy-and-paste from web pages, and manually type in as much code as possible to avoid unwanted characters or behaviors during the development process.

You commented on Paul Wierda's post over 2 years

Hi Wing-Hou,
I'm going to try the form and wanted to know if I can place the php file containing the form elements in the src/assets/pages directory, and will it be automatically parsed into the Dist folder? Also, can I place the submitform.php file that contains the actual php processing code in the same directory? Or do I manually upload the php file containing the code into the root of my webserver (/public_html)?
Do I need to make any entries to the gulpfile.babel.js and/or the config.yml file for the stack to recognize the *.php extension and pushes any changes/updates to both the contact form content and the code php files up to the Dist directory?

Thanks in advance.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content