Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Seth Warburton commented on Christian Matthias's post over 5 years

Hi Christian,

I'd agree with previous posters in saying that Siegeengine is a great reference point to create a Foundation based template for Joomla.

I've personally gone down the route of creating a custom-built CSS framework for my own templates, so I've faced much of the same issues you will, namely removing the Bootstrap influence from core outputs. This is done, in all templates, with content and layout overrides which allow you to manipulate the html output by Joomla components and third-party extensions.

I've tried to keep my own code as framework-agnostic as possible, as I am firm believer in clean semantic html and the separation of concerns; keeping design and function separate.

You might want to take a look at my template when building your own as, in theory, creating a Foundation 5 template from it is as simple as deleting my /css /scss and /js directories, dropping in those from Foundation and updating the links to those assets in index.php and logic.php. You can find my template framework on Github:

https://github.com/nternetinspired/OneWeb

Applying Foundation styles to output html elements is then simply a matter of using Sass @extend. Clean html output / all of Foundation styles = win:win.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Christian Matthias's post over 5 years

Hi Christian,

I'd agree with previous posters in saying that Siegeengine is a great reference point to create a Foundation based template for Joomla.

I've personally gone down the route of creating a custom-built CSS framework for my own templates, so I've faced much of the same issues you will, namely removing the Bootstrap influence from core outputs. This is done, in all templates, with content and layout overrides which allow you to manipulate the html output by Joomla components and third-party extensions.

I've tried to keep my own code as framework-agnostic as possible, as I am firm believer in clean semantic html and the separation of concerns; keeping design and function separate.

You might want to take a look at my template when building your own as, in theory, creating a Foundation 5 template from it is as simple as deleting my /css /scss and /js directories, dropping in those from Foundation and updating the links to those assets in index.php and logic.php. You can find my template framework on Github:

https://github.com/nternetinspired/OneWeb

Applying Foundation styles to output html elements is then simply a matter of using Sass @extend. Clean html output / all of Foundation styles = win:win.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content