Menu icon Foundation

Designer | Lincoln, NE

My Posts

Replies
  • In need of Advice

By Matt Bryant

Reactjsapp development

I've been put on a web-based React project that is currently at it's midway point. So far there has no front end framework attached to the project—all of the CSS/Sass and HTML has been hand written. I'm contemplating trying to swap out the this... (continued)

Last Reply by Matt Bryant 4 months ago

Replies
  • Foundation Reveal Opens at Top

By Matt Bryant

reveal

I'm using Reveal to open a modal on my site. I copied the code directly from the Basic example on the reveal documentation. However, when I activate the reveal, the modal reveals at the top of the page, causing the page to bounce up. When the modal&n... (continued)

Last Reply by Matt Bryant 12 months ago

My Comments

Matt Bryant commented on Matt Bryant's post 4 months

So, we ended up getting Foundation and React+Foundation installed successfully! 

We also found this Stack Overflow post to be helpful in getting WebPack to bundle it with our project.

Now comes the "fun" part...

Matt Bryant commented on Matt Bryant's post 12 months

I have no idea what changed in my code, but it has stopped doing this after I rebuilt project using "foundation build" in the CLI. So, it's no longer an issue for the time being.

Matt Bryant commented on Barbara Ahart's post about 1 year

I'm having the same issue with babel.

I'm spun up a new Foundation Template project using the Foundation CLT. When I initiate "foundation watch/build" in the CLI, I get this message: Requiring external module babel-register and my javascript files are not compiling to the dist folder.

I've installed Babel via cli using 
$ npm install babel-register babel-preset-es2015

I can see that it is installed in my .npm folder along with all of my other node packages. After testing again and getting the same message, I checked the .babelrc file that came with the Foundation template. It initially read:
{
"presets": ["es2015"],
"compact": false
}

So, I updated it to read : true according to the 6.2 upgrade directions, but I'm getting the same error and the js still isn't compiling. 

Does anyone have a notion what I might be doing wrong here?

Matt Bryant commented on Matt Bryant's post about 1 year

Thanks! Looks like I have a little re-working to do. 

Matt Bryant commented on Matt Bryant's post about 1 year

Thank you for the response. I was trying to use the same header for both desktop and mobile. I've abandon this train of thought for a cleaner solution of simply having two header elements—one for desktop and the other for mobile. This allowed me to use fewer "hide-for" includes.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Matt Bryant's post 4 months

So, we ended up getting Foundation and React+Foundation installed successfully! 

We also found this Stack Overflow post to be helpful in getting WebPack to bundle it with our project.

Now comes the "fun" part...

You commented on Matt Bryant's post 12 months

I have no idea what changed in my code, but it has stopped doing this after I rebuilt project using "foundation build" in the CLI. So, it's no longer an issue for the time being.

You commented on Barbara Ahart's post about 1 year

I'm having the same issue with babel.

I'm spun up a new Foundation Template project using the Foundation CLT. When I initiate "foundation watch/build" in the CLI, I get this message: Requiring external module babel-register and my javascript files are not compiling to the dist folder.

I've installed Babel via cli using 
$ npm install babel-register babel-preset-es2015

I can see that it is installed in my .npm folder along with all of my other node packages. After testing again and getting the same message, I checked the .babelrc file that came with the Foundation template. It initially read:
{
"presets": ["es2015"],
"compact": false
}

So, I updated it to read : true according to the 6.2 upgrade directions, but I'm getting the same error and the js still isn't compiling. 

Does anyone have a notion what I might be doing wrong here?

You commented on Matt Bryant's post about 1 year

Thanks! Looks like I have a little re-working to do. 

You commented on Matt Bryant's post about 1 year

Thank you for the response. I was trying to use the same header for both desktop and mobile. I've abandon this train of thought for a cleaner solution of simply having two header elements—one for desktop and the other for mobile. This allowed me to use fewer "hide-for" includes.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content