Menu icon Foundation

Designer | London

My Posts

My Comments

Son of Spectrum commented on Son of Spectrum's post almost 3 years

Thanks Ryan, that worked!
The link which I provided does explain somewhat, just not this specific scenario...

Son of Spectrum commented on Josh Rich's post about 3 years

+1 for non compiling JS via Yeti install, and other Yeti install issues inc. data-equalizer.

Son of Spectrum commented on Jakob Degler's post about 3 years

I had the same question.
Solution via @Val Ery
<div class="title-bar" data-responsive-toggle="main-menu" data-hide-for="medium">
<div class="title-bar-right">
<button class="menu-icon" type="button" data-toggle></button>
<div class="title-bar-title">Menu</div>
</div>
</div>

Son of Spectrum commented on Son of Spectrum's post about 3 years

@Rafi Thanks! CLI install results in Equalizer default behaviour working as it should.

Son of Spectrum commented on Josh Rich's post about 3 years

Hi!
This may not directly help you, but I also found that the default behaviour of equalizer was not working with a site installed via Yeti see this thread. As suggested by @Rafi, using the CLI to install a site solved the issue for me.
http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/19909-data-equalizer-breaks-on-medium
http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/7483-equalizer-column-height-when-stacked-not-equalising 
I hope to still use Yeti, but until I know how to edit the required files so I can use Yeti, using the CLI is the the route I'll be taking. If you do resolve the issue please post the solution.
You may also find these two threads helpful, although they are old now: 
In my instance I only need Equalizer for large viewport so I use this code.
<div class="row" data-equalizer data-equalize-on="large">

@Remco thanks for your reply.
Let me better describe from a mobile-first perspective:
On a small viewport the content within
<div class="callout" data-equalizer-watch></div>
determines the divs height. On medium and large viewport data-equailzer expands all divs to the height of the div with tallest content. However, although data-equalizer is expanding divs on medium and large viewports, on small viewport the divs are also expanded which should not be the default behaviour. Essentially Equalizer is still triggered when divs are stacked.
When tested in CodePen all acts as it should.
I also just downloaded a 'Complete' manual install on F6 and Equalizer behaves as it should.
Therefore I can only guess that when installing via Yeti Launch, a script in the source file needs to be changed for Equalizer to work correctly.

Thanks Val for your continued help!

@Alan @Val
Thanks - that works. @val thanks for the codepen. I will have to learn how to nest like an Osprey!

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Son of Spectrum's post almost 3 years

Thanks Ryan, that worked!
The link which I provided does explain somewhat, just not this specific scenario...

You commented on Josh Rich's post about 3 years

+1 for non compiling JS via Yeti install, and other Yeti install issues inc. data-equalizer.

You commented on Jakob Degler's post about 3 years

I had the same question.
Solution via @Val Ery
<div class="title-bar" data-responsive-toggle="main-menu" data-hide-for="medium">
<div class="title-bar-right">
<button class="menu-icon" type="button" data-toggle></button>
<div class="title-bar-title">Menu</div>
</div>
</div>

You commented on Son of Spectrum's post about 3 years

@Rafi Thanks! CLI install results in Equalizer default behaviour working as it should.

You commented on Josh Rich's post about 3 years

Hi!
This may not directly help you, but I also found that the default behaviour of equalizer was not working with a site installed via Yeti see this thread. As suggested by @Rafi, using the CLI to install a site solved the issue for me.
http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/19909-data-equalizer-breaks-on-medium
http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/7483-equalizer-column-height-when-stacked-not-equalising 
I hope to still use Yeti, but until I know how to edit the required files so I can use Yeti, using the CLI is the the route I'll be taking. If you do resolve the issue please post the solution.
You may also find these two threads helpful, although they are old now: 
In my instance I only need Equalizer for large viewport so I use this code.
<div class="row" data-equalizer data-equalize-on="large">

@Remco thanks for your reply.
Let me better describe from a mobile-first perspective:
On a small viewport the content within
<div class="callout" data-equalizer-watch></div>
determines the divs height. On medium and large viewport data-equailzer expands all divs to the height of the div with tallest content. However, although data-equalizer is expanding divs on medium and large viewports, on small viewport the divs are also expanded which should not be the default behaviour. Essentially Equalizer is still triggered when divs are stacked.
When tested in CodePen all acts as it should.
I also just downloaded a 'Complete' manual install on F6 and Equalizer behaves as it should.
Therefore I can only guess that when installing via Yeti Launch, a script in the source file needs to be changed for Equalizer to work correctly.

Thanks Val for your continued help!

@Alan @Val
Thanks - that works. @val thanks for the codepen. I will have to learn how to nest like an Osprey!

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content