Menu icon Foundation

Designer | McAllen, Texas

I am currently studying web development at my local community college. I also work full time as a internet marketer and webmaster.

My Posts

Replies
  • PageSpeed Insights

By Elisandro Martinez

Googleoptimization

A colleague suggested that I run my website through Google's PageSpeed Insight optimizer.  I ran my site through the optimizer and my site scored a 40.  I then ran many sites through the optimzer including foundation.zurb.com and it scored 64! ... (continued)

Last Reply by john cris 9 days ago

Replies
  • Shopping Cart

By Elisandro Martinez

shopping cart

I am developing a website and using Foundation's CSS elements.  In the short to mid-term I will need to turn the site into an e-commerce site.  My site is 100% custom built from the ground up using HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript.  I want to ke... (continued)

Last Reply by Murray Chapman 3 months ago

• NEW
  • Success Message

By Elisandro Martinez

submitcontact form

Does Foundation offer a way to create a success message after the submit button is clicked on a contact form?  My form is in PHP and HTML5. http://melhartindustries.com/landing_page/band_director_tower.html Thanks in advance. Best, Elisnadro

Replies
  • Responsive

By Elisandro Martinez

Responsive

I am trying to make my website responsive but so far no success.  Can some one please give me suggestions on how to make the site fit perfectly on a cell phone screen?   http://sugarcubergv.com/   Thank you, Lee

Last Reply by Ryan Smith 5 months ago

Replies
  • Overlapping logo

By Elisandro Martinez

navigation

Can someone please help me figure this out?  I am trying to make the top logo overlap the banner image slightly.  I just want the logo to overlap the banner halfway so that it looks like it is draped over the banner image.  I set the image ... (continued)

Last Reply by Elisandro Martinez 5 months ago

My Comments

Elisandro Martinez commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 2 months

Is there such a thing as a perfect score?  I have yet to encounter a website that scores about 80%.

Lee

Elisandro Martinez commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 3 months

Hi Murray,
Thank you for sharing your experiences.  The company I work for wants to launch the website selling between 25 to 50 different items.  Many co-workers and personal contacts like my design so I am reluctant to abandon it and persuade my boss and collegues to accept a template that looks like so many other small businesses' e-commerce sites.  I have not yet looked into PayPal.
This is my site, it is not finished so some of the links do not go any where.  I like the site because I have complete control over the layout and it is responsive.
http://melhartindustries.com
What is most important is delivering a unique design that is responsive.
Thank you,
Elisandro

Elisandro Martinez commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 4 months

Michael,

Thank you so much for the examples!  I am going to look into your examples tomorrow and give you my feedback.
Best,
Lee

Elisandro Martinez commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 4 months

Michael,
Thank you for your feedback.  Can you direct me to examples of code?  I am not looking to recreate the animation attributes, I just want to make buttons with angled sides.  I am developing a website for the business I work for so the website needs to have a conservative look, not too flashy.
Thanks,
Lee

Elisandro Martinez commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 5 months

Ryan,

Thank you for the advice and information.  It is proving to be very helpful!
Best,
Elisandro

Hi Ryan,
The click to call is starting to work nicely.  In your opinion would a phone icon or "Click to call" text work best from a UI/ UX stand point?
Best,
Elisandro

Hi Ryan,
Thank you for the suggestions.  I would like to use an image file for the icon.  How would I declare the image?  I have yet to see media queries hide and show links.  Would I declare the media query in the CSS file?
Thanks!
Elisandro

Thank you Kevin,
Can you please send an example of the code that you are referring too?
Thanks,
Elisandro

I will try that this evening.  
Thank you,
Lee

Hi Val,
I use top bar because it is used in the building block that I am using for the top navigation.  I just want to know how to do the following:
Place the logo at the top left with the logo overlapping the navigation section and extending over the slider that I will add later.
Make the navigation links switch to responsive once "Storage Solutions" touches the logo.  I like the way your logo stacks beneath the links when the browser width is decreased.
I don't understand why Foundation makes it so difficult to accomplish this simple design.

Thank you,
Elisandro

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 2 months

Is there such a thing as a perfect score?  I have yet to encounter a website that scores about 80%.

Lee

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 3 months

Hi Murray,
Thank you for sharing your experiences.  The company I work for wants to launch the website selling between 25 to 50 different items.  Many co-workers and personal contacts like my design so I am reluctant to abandon it and persuade my boss and collegues to accept a template that looks like so many other small businesses' e-commerce sites.  I have not yet looked into PayPal.
This is my site, it is not finished so some of the links do not go any where.  I like the site because I have complete control over the layout and it is responsive.
http://melhartindustries.com
What is most important is delivering a unique design that is responsive.
Thank you,
Elisandro

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 4 months

Michael,

Thank you so much for the examples!  I am going to look into your examples tomorrow and give you my feedback.
Best,
Lee

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 4 months

Michael,
Thank you for your feedback.  Can you direct me to examples of code?  I am not looking to recreate the animation attributes, I just want to make buttons with angled sides.  I am developing a website for the business I work for so the website needs to have a conservative look, not too flashy.
Thanks,
Lee

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 5 months

Ryan,

Thank you for the advice and information.  It is proving to be very helpful!
Best,
Elisandro

Hi Ryan,
The click to call is starting to work nicely.  In your opinion would a phone icon or "Click to call" text work best from a UI/ UX stand point?
Best,
Elisandro

Hi Ryan,
Thank you for the suggestions.  I would like to use an image file for the icon.  How would I declare the image?  I have yet to see media queries hide and show links.  Would I declare the media query in the CSS file?
Thanks!
Elisandro

Thank you Kevin,
Can you please send an example of the code that you are referring too?
Thanks,
Elisandro

I will try that this evening.  
Thank you,
Lee

Hi Val,
I use top bar because it is used in the building block that I am using for the top navigation.  I just want to know how to do the following:
Place the logo at the top left with the logo overlapping the navigation section and extending over the slider that I will add later.
Make the navigation links switch to responsive once "Storage Solutions" touches the logo.  I like the way your logo stacks beneath the links when the browser width is decreased.
I don't understand why Foundation makes it so difficult to accomplish this simple design.

Thank you,
Elisandro

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers