Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Orlando, FL

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Christian Matthias commented on Thil's post over 5 years

The menu IMHO is a mess in some aspects... and probably should be re-written... It is extremely hard to adjust and work with.

Christian Matthias commented on Christian Matthias's post over 5 years

Thank you. I figured out it was the offcanvas thing...

That approach isn't too bad actually as mobile devices and phones should be able to handle this method nicely. The other topbar approach is not good at all as it is nowhere near touch first i.e. mobile optimized.

I feel and hope they refine the js of the off canvass system and incorporate more css animation for browser optimization.

Christian Matthias commented on puriphat's post over 5 years

Wing Hou Chan

This is probably the best solution. The thing is we need to create a grid system like that of jetmenu. The grid system should be very vast, again like that of jet menu...

Moreover, tidbits such as animations and things should be documented as well. giving easy access to making changes and alterations. I am going to try and implement the above solution and add to the fray.

lastly, Is Foundation plan on implementing this into a future release so we aren't hacking the nonsense out of this.

The other thing i can think of is I wish there was a better solution to the off canvass menu system. it seems like Foundation is fighting with a preferred mobile method.

In theory the off canvass solution is better and provides better usability. However it is a lot more difficult to implement. The other method of hamburger drop down isn't mobile friendly at all because the links are never live.

perhaps if a hybrid of the two uses would make for a better solution. And hopefully it will work well with megamenu integration.

Christian Matthias commented on M. Rentsch's post over 5 years

yes something is wrong here

@Rafi this is just a non-starter... this whole not a coder thing is for the birds. sorry just not my thing and I feel it is a horrible way to learn.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

@Jeremy can you outline a few plugins (not sliders) that are in Wordpress that are top class.... for example Joomla has RSForms Pro Acymailing RSEvents Pro Easy Blog Easy Discuss Easy Social Jomsocial Kunena roksprocket just to name a few.... Can you give high quality equivalents like these?

I would love to check them out.

As well, you said comment WP is a content management system... "It shouldn't affect how your website looks."

Does Word Press automatically tie into Boostrap? because Joomla does and it takes a lot to override and adjust the site because of it. Especially when components and extensions are using it too.

Christian Matthias commented on Christian Matthias's post almost 6 years

I have figured most of it out. The libsass generator from fz5 really is the key.

Christian Matthias commented on Christian Matthias's post almost 6 years

@Jeremy, I wouldn't go so far as to say, "just like you can build an HTML" website from scratch. Ultimately you are correct. but that is like saying an 85 Toyota trecel can be faster than a Lamborghini. Yes it is possible but the work around's and hacks to get it to that point would become more and more ridiculous.

The whole point of our discussion and this thread really is to prep Joomla in such a way that we can "build from scratch" like building an HTML website from scratch.

IMHO Wordpress is not as "capable' of doing the what Joomla can do nor do I feel WP has the quality of extensions that Joomla ultimately has. Yes, WP has many but they are so rinky dink I can't find the best quality ones that compare to the best quality Joomla extensions. I would like to know if I am wrong in this aspect.

Christian Matthias commented on sldavidson's post almost 6 years

Here is Jetmenu... not css which is my only complaint but it is BEST in Class and responsive. Love the grid system

http://www.webpulse.com.br/jet/demo.html

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Thil's post over 5 years

The menu IMHO is a mess in some aspects... and probably should be re-written... It is extremely hard to adjust and work with.

You commented on Christian Matthias's post over 5 years

Thank you. I figured out it was the offcanvas thing...

That approach isn't too bad actually as mobile devices and phones should be able to handle this method nicely. The other topbar approach is not good at all as it is nowhere near touch first i.e. mobile optimized.

I feel and hope they refine the js of the off canvass system and incorporate more css animation for browser optimization.

You commented on puriphat's post over 5 years

Wing Hou Chan

This is probably the best solution. The thing is we need to create a grid system like that of jetmenu. The grid system should be very vast, again like that of jet menu...

Moreover, tidbits such as animations and things should be documented as well. giving easy access to making changes and alterations. I am going to try and implement the above solution and add to the fray.

lastly, Is Foundation plan on implementing this into a future release so we aren't hacking the nonsense out of this.

The other thing i can think of is I wish there was a better solution to the off canvass menu system. it seems like Foundation is fighting with a preferred mobile method.

In theory the off canvass solution is better and provides better usability. However it is a lot more difficult to implement. The other method of hamburger drop down isn't mobile friendly at all because the links are never live.

perhaps if a hybrid of the two uses would make for a better solution. And hopefully it will work well with megamenu integration.

You commented on M. Rentsch's post over 5 years

yes something is wrong here

@Rafi this is just a non-starter... this whole not a coder thing is for the birds. sorry just not my thing and I feel it is a horrible way to learn.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

@Jeremy can you outline a few plugins (not sliders) that are in Wordpress that are top class.... for example Joomla has RSForms Pro Acymailing RSEvents Pro Easy Blog Easy Discuss Easy Social Jomsocial Kunena roksprocket just to name a few.... Can you give high quality equivalents like these?

I would love to check them out.

As well, you said comment WP is a content management system... "It shouldn't affect how your website looks."

Does Word Press automatically tie into Boostrap? because Joomla does and it takes a lot to override and adjust the site because of it. Especially when components and extensions are using it too.

You commented on Christian Matthias's post almost 6 years

I have figured most of it out. The libsass generator from fz5 really is the key.

You commented on Christian Matthias's post almost 6 years

@Jeremy, I wouldn't go so far as to say, "just like you can build an HTML" website from scratch. Ultimately you are correct. but that is like saying an 85 Toyota trecel can be faster than a Lamborghini. Yes it is possible but the work around's and hacks to get it to that point would become more and more ridiculous.

The whole point of our discussion and this thread really is to prep Joomla in such a way that we can "build from scratch" like building an HTML website from scratch.

IMHO Wordpress is not as "capable' of doing the what Joomla can do nor do I feel WP has the quality of extensions that Joomla ultimately has. Yes, WP has many but they are so rinky dink I can't find the best quality ones that compare to the best quality Joomla extensions. I would like to know if I am wrong in this aspect.

You commented on sldavidson's post almost 6 years

Here is Jetmenu... not css which is my only complaint but it is BEST in Class and responsive. Love the grid system

http://www.webpulse.com.br/jet/demo.html

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content