Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Orlando, FL

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Christian Matthias commented on Julian Ćwirko's post over 5 years

Also, I have a question about $ grunt bower-install <<< does this need to be done? If we already started grunt doesn't that do that function?

perhaps if we do an install of a bower package then we need to go back and do that?

noticed that when you install a new project and fire up yo zf5 it asks if you should overwrite bower stuff. I say yes but don't know why it is doing that.

Christian Matthias commented on Christian Matthias's post over 5 years

@Rafi to be honest NO... I don't like gimmicks. They are usually just ways to get people to pay for something that doesn't help people learn and or understand. So I fundamentally disagree with the approach in general... people really need to learn to code. that is how you build beautiful things.

Let me clear up what I was trying to say... but didn't. I use Joomla and WP and I want to be able to apply modules into the menu if needed i.e. name and email address or any other module that I might want to employ into my nav system.

currently the way Foundation has the menu setup it is very difficult to do that.

Christian Matthias commented on Thil's post over 5 years

wow I have to say IE handles this beautifully... Chrome seems to be having an issue with the setup. That is really odd.

@Samuel Kelemen? what do you mean... responsive is not the issue is is usability. The responsiveness in Foundation is Awesome.

Christian Matthias commented on Thil's post over 5 years

Ok here is a sample of what I constructed based on the following tutorial. www.salonbkb.com

http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2013/03/how-to-create-a-resizing-menu-bar/

One issue is that I want to kinda use the title-area text to resize from larger to smaller... as you see in the example the css animation the font is slower than the rest of the menu animation. the img works very well.

I like it what do you think.

Moreover you have to keep in mind the header height bg has to be the same color as the menu you are using...

kinda sloppy.

The other bad part is the off canvass menu I am using. in chrome the burger icon works but brings the entire page down about the size of the f- padding top thing...

very oddly IE doesn't seem to have a problem with this.

I will post a code pen soon of the code and changes but I would like to get a couple things straight first.

I just feel the menu from Foundation should be a core rock of what is possible for the site. It is handled by everything the user sees. it is the first thing the user sees.

Julian awesome work as always...

I had a quick question and need of help. Say I build some of my own own css classes that I want to incorporate into the site. And another example would be if I were using another css / js package of lets say a menu. Is there a way to incorporate this in without having to know how to write bower packages? Is writing files easy to bower packages? or should I just add the css to the override file for app.css override?

what is your suggestion on this? much appreciate.

Christian Matthias commented on puriphat's post over 5 years

Thanks for replying.

Here are my thoughts on something I don't like that Foundation topbar menu does and where jetmenu does it differently. Thinking mobile first... Jet menu turns their small menu icon into a drop down click situation that on first click drops down the underlying menu and upon a second click to the parent item it sends the click directly to the parent item link... if there is one.

Don't get me wrong in theory I understand exactly what your menu topbar system is doing it is stating that if you are a parent you shouldn't be a link as well... (kinda makes sense but not entirely IMHO)... If there was a link there than the entire menu situation becomes unusable hence the need for off canvass.

I installed the offcanvas and like it a lot actually. The above examples which show the off-canvass always visible I really like that option too. almost like the menu system when you need it type of things. which is mobile and desktop friendly.

***One note. oddly I notice that the off-canvass menu for Foundation Forums seems to be much better optimized than that of other parts of the site. I like the foundation forum optimization better as it seems a little bit more snappy.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Julian Ćwirko's post over 5 years

Also, I have a question about $ grunt bower-install <<< does this need to be done? If we already started grunt doesn't that do that function?

perhaps if we do an install of a bower package then we need to go back and do that?

noticed that when you install a new project and fire up yo zf5 it asks if you should overwrite bower stuff. I say yes but don't know why it is doing that.

You commented on Christian Matthias's post over 5 years

@Rafi to be honest NO... I don't like gimmicks. They are usually just ways to get people to pay for something that doesn't help people learn and or understand. So I fundamentally disagree with the approach in general... people really need to learn to code. that is how you build beautiful things.

Let me clear up what I was trying to say... but didn't. I use Joomla and WP and I want to be able to apply modules into the menu if needed i.e. name and email address or any other module that I might want to employ into my nav system.

currently the way Foundation has the menu setup it is very difficult to do that.

You commented on Thil's post over 5 years

wow I have to say IE handles this beautifully... Chrome seems to be having an issue with the setup. That is really odd.

@Samuel Kelemen? what do you mean... responsive is not the issue is is usability. The responsiveness in Foundation is Awesome.

You commented on Thil's post over 5 years

Ok here is a sample of what I constructed based on the following tutorial. www.salonbkb.com

http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2013/03/how-to-create-a-resizing-menu-bar/

One issue is that I want to kinda use the title-area text to resize from larger to smaller... as you see in the example the css animation the font is slower than the rest of the menu animation. the img works very well.

I like it what do you think.

Moreover you have to keep in mind the header height bg has to be the same color as the menu you are using...

kinda sloppy.

The other bad part is the off canvass menu I am using. in chrome the burger icon works but brings the entire page down about the size of the f- padding top thing...

very oddly IE doesn't seem to have a problem with this.

I will post a code pen soon of the code and changes but I would like to get a couple things straight first.

I just feel the menu from Foundation should be a core rock of what is possible for the site. It is handled by everything the user sees. it is the first thing the user sees.

Julian awesome work as always...

I had a quick question and need of help. Say I build some of my own own css classes that I want to incorporate into the site. And another example would be if I were using another css / js package of lets say a menu. Is there a way to incorporate this in without having to know how to write bower packages? Is writing files easy to bower packages? or should I just add the css to the override file for app.css override?

what is your suggestion on this? much appreciate.

You commented on puriphat's post over 5 years

Thanks for replying.

Here are my thoughts on something I don't like that Foundation topbar menu does and where jetmenu does it differently. Thinking mobile first... Jet menu turns their small menu icon into a drop down click situation that on first click drops down the underlying menu and upon a second click to the parent item it sends the click directly to the parent item link... if there is one.

Don't get me wrong in theory I understand exactly what your menu topbar system is doing it is stating that if you are a parent you shouldn't be a link as well... (kinda makes sense but not entirely IMHO)... If there was a link there than the entire menu situation becomes unusable hence the need for off canvass.

I installed the offcanvas and like it a lot actually. The above examples which show the off-canvass always visible I really like that option too. almost like the menu system when you need it type of things. which is mobile and desktop friendly.

***One note. oddly I notice that the off-canvass menu for Foundation Forums seems to be much better optimized than that of other parts of the site. I like the foundation forum optimization better as it seems a little bit more snappy.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content