Menu icon Foundation

Designer | Brixton

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Philip King commented on jinch's post over 2 years

Thanks Rafi, that’s very helpful. Will you drop a link here when the doc section is added?

Philip King commented on Tonybyte's post over 2 years

Good you're on track.

Philip King commented on jeiel's post over 2 years

Tony, see my reply on your other thread

Philip King commented on Tonybyte's post over 2 years

Hi Tony, I think you posted about this before on another thread but the thread vanished before I could reply.
In your bower.json file you need to edit the version number to the version you want, then run foundation update (not upgrade, as you say in your post). so edit it to read ~6.3.0 (the ~ means any patch version of 6.3, e.g. 6.3.1)
However, what I found is that once Foundation was updated I also had to make some minor edits to config.yml and the gulpfile.
What I did was to install a clean version of the 6.3 zurb template so I had some boxfresh files to compare.

Philip King commented on Tim's post over 2 years

I'd guess that the sass functions imported at the top of _settings.scss have something to do with it but I've not experimented with disabling any of the functions. I’m interested in an answer to this too.

Philip King commented on Tom C's post over 2 years

Glad to help. It's not that long ago it was all a mystery to me too.

Philip King commented on Tom C's post over 2 years

In gulpfile.babel.js you'll find a sass function, which is where the sass is compiled to css. You can add an extra line here to pipe the output to an additional location. For instance, adding this line:
.pipe(gulp.dest(PATHS.dist + '/assets/css'))
.pipe(gulp.dest(PATHS.dist + '/mylocation')) // <-- added line

will duplicate your app.css file to a new folder "mylocation" at the top of your dist/ folder.

Philip King commented on jinch's post over 2 years

I would be very happy to see Zurb address their support docs regarding the process of updating. There’s precious little detail at the moment and I see people piecing together scraps from forum posts and git issues. The process is probably quite obvious to those with the right development skills, but there must be plenty of noobs like me for whom it’s opaque and complex, is time-consuming and involves a lot of careful attention.

Posts Followed

Replies
  • npm build question

By Tom C

npm

Hi, I am developing with Foundation according to the instructions, and everything works great .. I run "npm start" and everytime i save my scss file it is automatically compiled into css. I really want to add something to this build process so that the c... (continued)

Last Reply by Philip King over 2 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on jinch's post over 2 years

Thanks Rafi, that’s very helpful. Will you drop a link here when the doc section is added?

You commented on Tonybyte's post over 2 years

Good you're on track.

You commented on jeiel's post over 2 years

Tony, see my reply on your other thread

You commented on Tonybyte's post over 2 years

Hi Tony, I think you posted about this before on another thread but the thread vanished before I could reply.
In your bower.json file you need to edit the version number to the version you want, then run foundation update (not upgrade, as you say in your post). so edit it to read ~6.3.0 (the ~ means any patch version of 6.3, e.g. 6.3.1)
However, what I found is that once Foundation was updated I also had to make some minor edits to config.yml and the gulpfile.
What I did was to install a clean version of the 6.3 zurb template so I had some boxfresh files to compare.

You commented on Tim's post over 2 years

I'd guess that the sass functions imported at the top of _settings.scss have something to do with it but I've not experimented with disabling any of the functions. I’m interested in an answer to this too.

You commented on Tom C's post over 2 years

Glad to help. It's not that long ago it was all a mystery to me too.

You commented on Tom C's post over 2 years

In gulpfile.babel.js you'll find a sass function, which is where the sass is compiled to css. You can add an extra line here to pipe the output to an additional location. For instance, adding this line:
.pipe(gulp.dest(PATHS.dist + '/assets/css'))
.pipe(gulp.dest(PATHS.dist + '/mylocation')) // <-- added line

will duplicate your app.css file to a new folder "mylocation" at the top of your dist/ folder.

You commented on jinch's post over 2 years

I would be very happy to see Zurb address their support docs regarding the process of updating. There’s precious little detail at the moment and I see people piecing together scraps from forum posts and git issues. The process is probably quite obvious to those with the right development skills, but there must be plenty of noobs like me for whom it’s opaque and complex, is time-consuming and involves a lot of careful attention.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content