Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Portadown, Co. Armagh

I am a highly motivated and enthusiastic Front-End Web Developer with a passion for design. I am dedicated to maintaining an up-to-date industry knowledge, and I am committed to the continual development of myself, as well as my IT skills. To me, it is of upmost importance to stay on top of current industry trends. I design with responsiveness and cross-browser compatibility in mind, and strive to deliver solutions that are not only fully accessible, but also aesthetically pleasing, interactive and user-friendly. I love to keep things clean and simple, thus providing clarity to the user. I show articulate and professional communication skills, including formal presentations and technical documentation. And I am productive in both team-based and self-managed projects.

My Posts

My Comments

Matthew Meaklim commented on Matthew Meaklim's post about 1 year

Hello Val Ery,
Thanks for the reply, but I was specifically looking for an answer that involved the programs I had mentioned.
I’m going to give it a go over the weekend, and I’m fairly confident I will get it working.
My main concern is the fact that the dist folder is deleted and recreated with every Foundation Build, and if it is mapped to the remote server, I’m not entirely sure what will happen during this process.
Thanks for the advice though, as I can always use your method as a fallback.
Thanks,
Matthew

Matthew Meaklim commented on Matthew Meaklim's post over 1 year

Hello,
I have resolved this... sort of...
What I did was:
1. npm uninstall wowjs --save;
2. In default.html I linked to the CDN's of animate.css and wow;
3. In default.html I added
var wow = new WOW();

wow.init();
inside <script> tags; and
4. I added a class of, for example, "wow fadeInUp" to my desired element.
The reason I said I have sort of resolved this is because I was able to achieve the effect I was after, I just didn't use Motion UI to achieve it.
P.S. Adding the JavaScript in app.js doesn't work, or didn't for me anyway.
Thanks,
Matthew

Hi Rafi,
Thanks for your replies. I'll hopefully get round to trying your suggestion tomorrow. If it works I'll mark this post as answered.
Thanks,
Matthew

Hi Rafi,
Yup, I just ended up creating it manually.
I had read this article and tried what it had suggested but it didn't work.
Thanks,
Matthew

Matthew Meaklim commented on Konstantin Gorskov's post over 1 year

Hello Konstantin,
In my opinion, I don't think there is an easy way.
If you do an npm install hwthorn/parallaxify --save, I'm guessing it will throw you an error? I found that I can install Plugins no problem so long as there is a package.json file present in their associated GitHub.
Thanks,
Matthew

Matthew Meaklim commented on Dominic Barnard's post over 1 year

@Russel Spencer,
I am also facing the same issues. Although, I don't have the luxury of there being a CDN for the small jQuery Plugins I am looking to use. Any suggestions for me?
@Vaughn D. Taylor,
Just something new to learn... lol.
Thanks,
Matthew

@Rafi Benkual,
Thanks for the response Rafi.
So what you're saying is that instead of, for example, doing bower install typed.js --save, I would do npm install typed.js --save (or --save-dev?)? Then similarly, add the path to the .js file in config.yml?
Thanks,
Matthew

@Vaughn D. Taylor
Interesting.
Would you mind posting a screenshot of what is in your bower_components folder? And also a screenshot of your config.yml?

@Vaughn D. Taylor
I don't mean what version of the CLI or NPM, I mean what version of Foundation. I can't be 100% sure, as I have only just updated, but I think webpack replaced Bower. Again, I have no idea. Just going by the differences I'm seeing in the folder structure. So it's my thinking that if you are getting a bower_components folder, then you aren't on 6.4.

@Vaughn D. Taylor
Check what version you are using; in Command Line, type "foundation -v". I'm on 6.4, and definitely no bower_components folder. I can still do "bower install typed.js --save", etc., but so far can't find a way to edit the .yml file to get Plugins to work.

Posts Followed

Replies
  • Fresh 6.4 download JS errors

By Dominic Barnard

6.4jserror

Hi, I downloaded the complete 6.4 version with vanilla JS &amp; CSS, and on page load I see this error in console: &nbsp; foundation.js TypeError: __WEBPACK_IMPORTED_MODULE_1__home_deployer_sites_node_foundation_customizer_node_foundation_customizer_f... (continued)

Last Reply by Negin 5 months ago

• Margin between columns

By Jakob Degler

margincolumns

Hello I have these divs each 4 columns wide, and I need to add margin-right to the left and middle div, because I need three seperat boxes &nbsp;side by side, and now it is just one wide rectangle. Margin-right to the left and middle div has the consequ... (continued)

Last Reply by Matthew Meaklim almost 2 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Matthew Meaklim's post about 1 year

Hello Val Ery,
Thanks for the reply, but I was specifically looking for an answer that involved the programs I had mentioned.
I’m going to give it a go over the weekend, and I’m fairly confident I will get it working.
My main concern is the fact that the dist folder is deleted and recreated with every Foundation Build, and if it is mapped to the remote server, I’m not entirely sure what will happen during this process.
Thanks for the advice though, as I can always use your method as a fallback.
Thanks,
Matthew

You commented on Matthew Meaklim's post over 1 year

Hello,
I have resolved this... sort of...
What I did was:
1. npm uninstall wowjs --save;
2. In default.html I linked to the CDN's of animate.css and wow;
3. In default.html I added
var wow = new WOW();

wow.init();
inside <script> tags; and
4. I added a class of, for example, "wow fadeInUp" to my desired element.
The reason I said I have sort of resolved this is because I was able to achieve the effect I was after, I just didn't use Motion UI to achieve it.
P.S. Adding the JavaScript in app.js doesn't work, or didn't for me anyway.
Thanks,
Matthew

Hi Rafi,
Thanks for your replies. I'll hopefully get round to trying your suggestion tomorrow. If it works I'll mark this post as answered.
Thanks,
Matthew

Hi Rafi,
Yup, I just ended up creating it manually.
I had read this article and tried what it had suggested but it didn't work.
Thanks,
Matthew

You commented on Konstantin Gorskov's post over 1 year

Hello Konstantin,
In my opinion, I don't think there is an easy way.
If you do an npm install hwthorn/parallaxify --save, I'm guessing it will throw you an error? I found that I can install Plugins no problem so long as there is a package.json file present in their associated GitHub.
Thanks,
Matthew

You commented on Dominic Barnard's post over 1 year

@Russel Spencer,
I am also facing the same issues. Although, I don't have the luxury of there being a CDN for the small jQuery Plugins I am looking to use. Any suggestions for me?
@Vaughn D. Taylor,
Just something new to learn... lol.
Thanks,
Matthew

@Rafi Benkual,
Thanks for the response Rafi.
So what you're saying is that instead of, for example, doing bower install typed.js --save, I would do npm install typed.js --save (or --save-dev?)? Then similarly, add the path to the .js file in config.yml?
Thanks,
Matthew

@Vaughn D. Taylor
Interesting.
Would you mind posting a screenshot of what is in your bower_components folder? And also a screenshot of your config.yml?

@Vaughn D. Taylor
I don't mean what version of the CLI or NPM, I mean what version of Foundation. I can't be 100% sure, as I have only just updated, but I think webpack replaced Bower. Again, I have no idea. Just going by the differences I'm seeing in the folder structure. So it's my thinking that if you are getting a bower_components folder, then you aren't on 6.4.

@Vaughn D. Taylor
Check what version you are using; in Command Line, type "foundation -v". I'm on 6.4, and definitely no bower_components folder. I can still do "bower install typed.js --save", etc., but so far can't find a way to edit the .yml file to get Plugins to work.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers