Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Sean McDonnell commented on Sean McDonnell's post about 3 years

Well I'm not really a web developer. I'm mostly a Java developer and am responsible for converting our project (a Java Web Application) to use a responsive web design philosophy. We, the developers, are tired of having a standard code base and a mobile code base because all changes, effectively, need to be done twice. We all know very little about web design. I was randomly chosen to do the conversion. I understand CSS for the most part but have no background in actually doing anything with it.I've tried looking into SASS but am having trouble understanding how to even install it. All of the instructions are written in Linux commands and I work in a Windows environment and I have no idea how to convert those to Windows commands. Is there a jar file I can simply stick in the dependency list or is there a zipped download like the "Complete" Foundation 6 download where I can just stick the required files where they need to be?It's mostly for colors. I'd like to emulate, as best I can, the colors from the jQuery UI themes so that our current clients see minimal change when this upgrade goes live.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Sean McDonnell's post about 3 years

Well I'm not really a web developer. I'm mostly a Java developer and am responsible for converting our project (a Java Web Application) to use a responsive web design philosophy. We, the developers, are tired of having a standard code base and a mobile code base because all changes, effectively, need to be done twice. We all know very little about web design. I was randomly chosen to do the conversion. I understand CSS for the most part but have no background in actually doing anything with it.I've tried looking into SASS but am having trouble understanding how to even install it. All of the instructions are written in Linux commands and I work in a Windows environment and I have no idea how to convert those to Windows commands. Is there a jar file I can simply stick in the dependency list or is there a zipped download like the "Complete" Foundation 6 download where I can just stick the required files where they need to be?It's mostly for colors. I'd like to emulate, as best I can, the colors from the jQuery UI themes so that our current clients see minimal change when this upgrade goes live.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content