Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

David Diomede commented on john's post over 2 years

Is there a way for multiple loops? How would you structure the son data?

David Diomede commented on Alice's post over 2 years

@Rafi Is there way to specify a file from the terminal commands? Right now I can only send everything that is in a folder. I'm sure most people are using multiple campaigns  in  a project. 

David Diomede commented on Philipp's post almost 3 years
David Diomede commented on Hans McMurdy's post almost 3 years

Sounds like a good idea. I just started working on emmet snippets for foundation for emails. 

David Diomede commented on David Diomede's post almost 3 years

Hi Rafi,

We have manually to create pretty text versions of our emails, because our email software does not. I am trying to streamline the HTML to text process by using this plugin. It  it has the most options for creating a fairly clean text version of email. 

I do have the html2txt node module installed as you'd had suggested. I have tried adding this up many times with the inky stack, but I either get a bunch of errors, or no errors and no resulting text file.

I have setup the html2txt module separately, it works, but it doesn't really save steps and would like to have it as part of the inky stack. Any further insight on how I can achieve this would be great.

Thanks,
Dave

Corey, 

We use software called Aptify which handles all of our automated messages. It's very specific and does not decode the &lt; and &gt; characters. I originally provided it that way, but or developers kicked it back to me and had me use the decoded << >> characters which makes Foundation stop and quit at the inky portion of the script. There is a encode/decode script, I haven't attempted it yet. Here is the link:
https://github.com/mathiasbynens/he/blob/master/README.md

Dave

Thanks Corey,
No luck =(
The output resulted in this:

<p><<raw>><<how about="" trying="" it="" this="" way="" instead="">><<raw>></raw></how></raw></p>

Hi Rafi,

We are making email notification templates, over 150 to be exact, the company that created the systems decided that less than and greater than characters for merge fields were a bright idea. So, the filed slook like this: <<examplefield>>.

I tried the raw with the sample below:

<p><raw><<sample_tag>></raw>></p>
The  output ends up looking looks like this:

A similar issue, I need to output the raw link. Is there a way to do a raw output for links? I have links that go into our email delivery software the look like this, but end up forcing the script to quit when it reaches on the inliner. 
https://www.worldatwork.org/home/html/home.jsp?utm_source=direct&amp;utm_medium=Email&amp;utm_term=%%merge Subsets
.Name%%&utm_content=Membership%%wawstatus%%_%%return [clock format [clock seconds] -format "%m-%d-%Y"]%%_WaWHome&utm_campaign=%%outmail.messageid%%
The helper I have looks like this, I reworked from the handlebars example. The console says "Error when loading footer-links.js as a Handlebars helper" it seems to mostly work I have to use the triple {{{}} to force it to work.
module.exports = Handlebars.registerHelper('link', function(membership-url, privacy-url, unsubscribe-url, profile-url, logo-url) {

membership-url = Handlebars.Utils.escapeExpression(membership-url);
privacy-url = Handlebars.Utils.escapeExpression(privacy-url);
unsubscribe-url = Handlebars.Utils.escapeExpression(unsubscribe-url);
profile-url = Handlebars.Utils.escapeExpression(profile-url);
logo-url = Handlebars.Utils.escapeExpression(logo-url);

var membership-url = '<a href="' + membership-url + '">';
var privacy-url = '<a href="' + privacy-url + '">';
var unsubscribe-url = '<a href="' + unsubscribe-url + '">';
var profile-url = '<a href="' + profile-url + '">';
var logo-url = '<a href="' + logo-url + '">';

return new Handlebars.SafeString(membership-url);
return new Handlebars.SafeString(privacy-url);
return new Handlebars.SafeString(unsubscribe);
return new Handlebars.SafeString(profile-url);
return new Handlebars.SafeString(logo-url);
});
I'm wondering may be best to decode special characters after after the inliner process, to avoid any issues being thrown when inlining the css. 

David Diomede commented on Christy's post almost 3 years

Hi Chrity,

I think I may have found an easier solution. Look at Zurbs Yeti Launch. Yu can launch a new project in Yeti Launch, and  move your files to a new project using a GUI. This may be easier.  

http://foundation.zurb.com/develop/yeti-launch.html

David Diomede commented on Christy's post almost 3 years

Hi Christy,
You are getting close:

To make sure the command line is working, in terminal run:
sudo npm install --global foundation-cli
That is their common line interface.
Then,  type foundation build in your project folder and let me know if the error comes up again.

Posts Followed

Replies
  • Working with git and other computers

By Philipp

git

Hi, &nbsp; how can I work with Foundations of Emails on different computers? I am using GIT to manage my source code. I haven't touched the .gitignore file which comes with Foundations of Emails and uploaded everything else to my repository. On my lap... (continued)

Last Reply by james lara 10 months ago

Replies
  • PlainText Emails

By Justin J

plaintext

I'm wondering if there's any consideration for plaintext emails in the Foundation for Emails workflow. Emails that I send out have both a plaintext and HTML versions, so I need to be authoring both at the same time and I wouldn't mind using some of the pa... (continued)

Last Reply by Justin J almost 3 years ago

Replies
  • npm run build error

By Christy

npm build error

Hi guys I'm clunking my way through my first email and when I try to build it, I get this error. &nbsp; npm ERR! Darwin 15.6.0 npm ERR! argv "/usr/local/bin/node" "/usr/local/bin/npm" "run" "build" npm ERR! node v4.5.0 npm ERR! npm&nbsp; v2.15.9 np... (continued)

Last Reply by BenjamineDupont almost 3 years ago

Following

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on john's post over 2 years

Is there a way for multiple loops? How would you structure the son data?

You commented on Alice's post over 2 years

@Rafi Is there way to specify a file from the terminal commands? Right now I can only send everything that is in a folder. I'm sure most people are using multiple campaigns  in  a project. 

You commented on Philipp's post almost 3 years
You commented on Hans McMurdy's post almost 3 years

Sounds like a good idea. I just started working on emmet snippets for foundation for emails. 

You commented on David Diomede's post almost 3 years

Hi Rafi,

We have manually to create pretty text versions of our emails, because our email software does not. I am trying to streamline the HTML to text process by using this plugin. It  it has the most options for creating a fairly clean text version of email. 

I do have the html2txt node module installed as you'd had suggested. I have tried adding this up many times with the inky stack, but I either get a bunch of errors, or no errors and no resulting text file.

I have setup the html2txt module separately, it works, but it doesn't really save steps and would like to have it as part of the inky stack. Any further insight on how I can achieve this would be great.

Thanks,
Dave

Corey, 

We use software called Aptify which handles all of our automated messages. It's very specific and does not decode the &lt; and &gt; characters. I originally provided it that way, but or developers kicked it back to me and had me use the decoded << >> characters which makes Foundation stop and quit at the inky portion of the script. There is a encode/decode script, I haven't attempted it yet. Here is the link:
https://github.com/mathiasbynens/he/blob/master/README.md

Dave

Thanks Corey,
No luck =(
The output resulted in this:

<p><<raw>><<how about="" trying="" it="" this="" way="" instead="">><<raw>></raw></how></raw></p>

Hi Rafi,

We are making email notification templates, over 150 to be exact, the company that created the systems decided that less than and greater than characters for merge fields were a bright idea. So, the filed slook like this: <<examplefield>>.

I tried the raw with the sample below:

<p><raw><<sample_tag>></raw>></p>
The  output ends up looking looks like this:

A similar issue, I need to output the raw link. Is there a way to do a raw output for links? I have links that go into our email delivery software the look like this, but end up forcing the script to quit when it reaches on the inliner. 
https://www.worldatwork.org/home/html/home.jsp?utm_source=direct&amp;utm_medium=Email&amp;utm_term=%%merge Subsets
.Name%%&utm_content=Membership%%wawstatus%%_%%return [clock format [clock seconds] -format "%m-%d-%Y"]%%_WaWHome&utm_campaign=%%outmail.messageid%%
The helper I have looks like this, I reworked from the handlebars example. The console says "Error when loading footer-links.js as a Handlebars helper" it seems to mostly work I have to use the triple {{{}} to force it to work.
module.exports = Handlebars.registerHelper('link', function(membership-url, privacy-url, unsubscribe-url, profile-url, logo-url) {

membership-url = Handlebars.Utils.escapeExpression(membership-url);
privacy-url = Handlebars.Utils.escapeExpression(privacy-url);
unsubscribe-url = Handlebars.Utils.escapeExpression(unsubscribe-url);
profile-url = Handlebars.Utils.escapeExpression(profile-url);
logo-url = Handlebars.Utils.escapeExpression(logo-url);

var membership-url = '<a href="' + membership-url + '">';
var privacy-url = '<a href="' + privacy-url + '">';
var unsubscribe-url = '<a href="' + unsubscribe-url + '">';
var profile-url = '<a href="' + profile-url + '">';
var logo-url = '<a href="' + logo-url + '">';

return new Handlebars.SafeString(membership-url);
return new Handlebars.SafeString(privacy-url);
return new Handlebars.SafeString(unsubscribe);
return new Handlebars.SafeString(profile-url);
return new Handlebars.SafeString(logo-url);
});
I'm wondering may be best to decode special characters after after the inliner process, to avoid any issues being thrown when inlining the css. 

You commented on Christy's post almost 3 years

Hi Chrity,

I think I may have found an easier solution. Look at Zurbs Yeti Launch. Yu can launch a new project in Yeti Launch, and  move your files to a new project using a GUI. This may be easier.  

http://foundation.zurb.com/develop/yeti-launch.html

You commented on Christy's post almost 3 years

Hi Christy,
You are getting close:

To make sure the command line is working, in terminal run:
sudo npm install --global foundation-cli
That is their common line interface.
Then,  type foundation build in your project folder and let me know if the error comes up again.

Posts Followed

Following

Followers